I just beat the story mode and am puzzled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just beat the story mode and am puzzled

Okay, so I don't know much about the rules of war but after beating story mode it made me feel like why even become an insurgent when you are clearly out powered? I understand that it is only a game but in some scene I do believe are real, i.e. in movies and games how come insurgents just cannot air raid us anytime but we can?
    -Why do we always have tank support that bashes through insurgent militia defenses?
    To me it seems like we are always at an advantage... and after playing through the game I almost feel sorry for the enemy.

Yes I am ignorant and I don't know much about the rules of war, can someone please enlighten me?

Re: I just beat the story mode and am puzzled

You (The USA) are at an advantage, the usa is the dominant miltary super power in the world.

Insurgents are just that, locals lightly armed at best. Do they stand a chance ? No, but their fight isn't one about fairness.

Comment

Surely you are not asking if there are rules in a real war that requires the opponents to be evenly matched?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
        Surely you are not asking if there are rules in a real war that requires the opponents to be evenly matched?
        That's what I got out of her post.

Firstly, it's a video game, and not exactly one where the campaign should be taken seriously, so they can do whatever they want; there are no requirements to be "realistic." Secondly, in a real scenario if someone such as "insurgents" poses a serious and imminent threat why should that country use anything less than it's full military might if necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
          That's what I got out of her post.

Firstly, it's a video game, and not exactly one where the campaign should be taken seriously, so they can do whatever they want; there are no requirements to be "realistic." Secondly, in a real scenario if someone such as "insurgents" poses a serious and imminent threat why should that country use anything less than it's full military might if necessary?
          As long as you realize that normally you must use minimum force or "military might" necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
            As long as you realize that normally you must use minimum force or "military might" necessary.
            After all, "necessity is the mother of invention."

Comment

Originally posted by Redink

Yes I am ignorant and I don't know much about the rules of war, can someone please enlighten me?
              Google is your friend: http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sour...0d590971f97439

Comment

Im not even going to comment on the honour of fighting countries with only a rusty ak47 and a donkey,especially the blood in the so called name of peace!just shameful behaviour

Comment

Rules of war stopped after a few different wars Example the American revloution stop the rule in war where 2 military attacked in lines (where gorilla warefare comes from) Another one would be back in World war II when u sink a ship in a middle of the ocean, your suppost to pick up survivors but Germans and there U Bots couldn't hold them so they left them there. So there are rules but alot of people dont care any more

Comment

I thought this would be about "Where the **** is the Legion" or "Where's that guy from the crazy helicopter" or "Why didn't the games campaign get good till later in".

Instead! It's about the US Military dominating some people in COWBOY Hats.

Comment

Originally posted by [CR]R|Cpt.Starcraft
                      Rules of war stopped after a few different wars Example the American revolution stop the rule in war where 2 military attacked in lines (where guerilla warfare comes from)
                      Wasn't that the French and Indian war where more un-conventional warfare became conventional?

Comment

Go America!

Comment

I don't think lower countries with rusty AK want to win a conventional war, they want the US to get tired and entangled so the public opinion slowly disagree with the war, then the US go back home just like Vietnam. Insurgents will get owned head on that's why they use guerilla tactics.

Btw I can't remember a game where you're on the insurgents side, Vietcong did have a viet part but much shorter than the US one.

Comment

Life's unfair, learn to deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                              Wasn't that the French and Indian war where more un-conventional warfare became conventional?
                              Native Americans taught us a lot about un-conventional war.

Comment

Working...
                              X