The profanity filter has to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The profanity filter has to go

in a game that is full of f-bombs, the profanity filter for chatting is ridiculous.
    at least let us turn it off. why should the computer do all the cussing?
    if a server wants to then let them decide. this is rated MA ffs! :evil:

Re: The profanity filter has to go

Ive been in a few servers with it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
      Ive been in a few servers with it off.
      How? We were told it was hardcoded and we can't turn it off on our server.

Comment

Honestly I think it should remains on regardless the characters acting. I don't want this **** to attract juveniles.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
          How? We were told it was hardcoded and we can't turn it off on our server.
          No idea, but me and my clan mates were saying the same thing. I always trash talk when it gets pretty competitive and was surprised when they werent filtered. Ill ask them when i go back tonight and will post back here on how they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            in a game that is full of f-bombs, the profanity filter for chatting is ridiculous.
            at least let us turn it off. why should the computer do all the cussing?
            if a server wants to then let them decide. this is rated MA ffs! :evil:
            I never understod what makes people complain that they are unable to curse at others?
            Regardless, if there was an option to disable the filter it should be clientside, not serverside.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              I never understod what makes people complain that they are unable to curse at others?
              Regardless, if there was an option to disable the filter it should be clientside, not serverside.
              Want to buy your ISP.

Comment

You deserve a Nobel prize for pointing out the best solution to content filtering.

Comment

Nobel Prize for sure! I get tired of the profanity. Its nice to see it filtered. I agree with Vreki that it should be client side at the most.

Besides, people can still type their little profane words all they want, they just aren't getting the rise out of people they would like to see.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

haha. Interesting idea, Vreki. Unfortunately, you're not Obama so you'll actually have to do something to win a Nobel Prize.

Comment

The last couple of times I've connected the "N" bomb was being way over-used... so, there's got to be a way to disable the profanity filter. I agree that with the amount of swearing the characters do, it's kinda silly having such a filter. Never-the-less, I don't want some kiddie "N" bomb spamming someone because he wants the Apache. There's got to be a middle ground. I like the client side idea, so if I'm getting tired of it, I could turn on the filter. +1 rep to Vreki for a great idea.

Comment

I think EA should look at the inappropriate player names I've seen lately.

I will not mention them because they are stupid, racist, sexist or just simply rude. I m sure all of you know what they are.

Comment

if you got time to type profanity in chat then you are not playing hard enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus
                            if you got time to type profanity in chat then you are not playing hard enough!
                            LOL, very nice.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yea... I don't care either way.

But I know clientside would make more people happier.

Comment

Working...
                              X