The profanity filter has to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The profanity filter has to go

Profanity isn't granted in the first amendment.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Lotek19
      the problem however is, they wont change it. because see, if they do then Dice sends out a message that they a) promote profanity or b) they promote that they are a rude company, yes the gaming community would like to speak their interests and congratulate people by saying "Damn, nice shot" but it just simply wont pass. It would make Dice look bad/stupid.

I for one am not defending Dice, but in my case i really dont care if it stays or goes. i always play in Tactical Gaming servers and everything there tends to be...well..tactical, and alot is done on the mic.
      If the soldiers themselves didn't say motherf**cker this and f**k that and "sh*t there's a sniper" etc, then that would be a valid argument, but considering they do, a language filter is really pointless, at least one that is strictly coded to be on...

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
        Vreki isn't from America. He doesn't understand the 1st amendment. :wee:
        Damn us commies :wee:

Comment

I like the filter, I think it should go even further and censor everything players say HA

given that I admin a server it would be very annoying banning every smacktard that spoke

and there were people that have told me they wished that I would die in a car fire, and that they thought I was cheating and should kill myself etc etc etc

bitches don't be liking my air vehicle platinum

Comment

The filter is frakked up anyway. I tried to say, and I quote, "Hi Cyber" (a friend of mine in my squad but not in TS at the time) in chat, and I got, "Hi @#$%$". WTF? Is Cyber a new swear word? Did I miss a memo?

Comment

It wouldnt be so bad if they limited it a little to the actual swear fords such as the F, S and C bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                Profanity isn't granted in the first amendment.

Crunch
                Only when it's an actual threat (that you mean to act upon) or it incites violence.

I can say much worse things to you without cussing than just writing "oh sh!t" in BC2.

Comment

it has turned every server into ISI christian server :laugh:

Comment

Vreki isn't from America. He doesn't understand the 1st amendment. :wee:
                    He understands that it addresses what the goverment can do. "Congress shall make no law" and all that, you know?

Comment

afaik the words in the profanity filter can changed via Admin tools, some of them work others dont.

But yes it is a stupid idea that some of the most common words used are in the filter that make for interesting convosations whenever a $%^&*( appears in the sentance.

Comment

Please tell where I can find a way to turn this crap off, I love a good swear in all chat every now and again and all I get is bloody symbols, it's our server, why can't we decide on the language used in it :/.

Comment

I once tryed to write FU! like the abreviation of F**k you, ya know , and instead a smilie appeared: ^^

xD

Comment

Only when it's an actual threat (that you mean to act upon) or it incites violence.

I can say much worse things to you without cussing than just writing "oh sh!t" in BC2.
                            Exactly, which is another reason why the swear filter doesnt matter.

"Oh NOES, I has to think to get my point of rage across!"

:weo:

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

another thing...this game is rated M, so that also implies a level of maturity i guess. (yes i know ESRB rating is completely bogus and not accurate at all) but i mean, aren't people a little more mature now then having to drop F bombs out of anger, im not arguing if your giving congrats to someone, im saying if someone goes off raging. like the other day i was playing, one guy was like 1-7 and he spammed the entire chat and it came out to look like this: %@#%!@ !@#%@#% #%!@#%@% #%!@#%@ %!@#% @ %#!$%!@#% %!@#%@#%$ @#%!@#%"

down the entire thing...personally i think it should change it to ******* ****** ******** or just leave it blank as if the person never typed it.

I say this because...DICE wont change it, no matter how much people complain, imo

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                                He understands that it addresses what the goverment can do. "Congress shall make no law" and all that, you know?
                                I know. I was just kidding.

It's DICE's game, they can put whatever filters they want in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X