Graph over kills per weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graph over kills per weapon

actually i got into the original R6 in 2000 and most of the guys i played with had cable modem. i usually had to play with 300-400 ping on my aol dialup!
    i always thought the 3rd person switching was OP and shouldn't be used, didn't some servers disable 3rd person view?

Comment

You would have to play a mod to disable 3rd person. No one on the competitive side of the game complained about it. It is one of those things that increased the learning curve of RS though and would only be OP if you didn't use it. Getting caught in 3rd person usually meant instant death. Most of the people who didn't approve of 3rd person view also usually preferred CO OP over player vs player.

I'm sorry that my disagreement with CS not having a hard learning curve got us this far off the subject. If someone wants to make a thread about CS or RS or learning curves please be my guest.

Comment

haha yeah i used the 3rd person too and i had it binded to mouse scroll up and used it way too much. it did often get me killed trying to hide behind something and 3rd person it to see if anybody's around.

Comment

I thought that was one of the good aspects behind the raainbow 6 series, well the early ones at least imo, was that it was a lot more difficult than other FPS games and less forgiving

as for CS, it is somewhat deceptive, it is an easy game to get into and grasp the basics, but the gulf between pub players and experienced players is huge in terms of skill, then going from that up to competitive is again huge and then you get into the realms of people who play in teams for sponsorship and its again a whole +9001 skill gap

thus why you will see most new players running around with SMGs and barely able to kill anything and they literally cannot use any of the assault rifles

you don't notice that thing as much in BC2 tbh, you get engineers who hold fire when they should be tapping or bursting etc or guys that go full auto instead of bursting

it makes killing magnum ammo using people all the more sweeter

Comment

dice's (demize) response to the graph:

Seen it. Already on it. Obviously the Knife is OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster

http://twitter.com/Demize99/status/11502245319
              It is nice to know that they take their customers concerns seriously. :shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster

http://twitter.com/Demize99/status/11502245319
                Is he serious? lol.

Comment

Reading Demize's twitter often, he is one to be a bit dry in his humor.

If I was a developer I think I would use what I say just right to make people rage over nothing. I guess its a good thing I am not

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

He's clearly being sarcastic!

Comment

• Re: Graph over kills per weapon

Kylee no offense; those CS videos are so boring; most of the time you don't even get to see what those guys killed; and that's why I quit CS

I can't be objective tough; it's a game I dislike strongly, and never caught my attention enough to play it deeply, must be its mod roots.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
                        Kylee no offense; those CS videos are so boring; most of the time you don't even get to see what those guys killed; and that's why I quit CS
                        Ironic, that's why most CS players quit RS.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan

I can't be objective tough; it's a game I dislike strongly, and never caught my attention enough to play it deeply, must be its mod roots.
                          You don't get to see what they killed? Wat? You don't see peoples heads getting blown off and red gore getting tossed about?

Sorry I used some bad video examples. This one isn't boring, ahh the good ol' days... I would recommend watching the whole thing.

CS also has the biggest online "movie" community of any FPS out there, and the quality of the movies is actually pretty astounding...

EDIT: I just realized how incredibly off-topic I am. Whaaatever.

Comment

a lot of the time you probably won't see what killed you, a lot of the game is about sound as well

an aspect I was pleased with in BC2, because I can hear enemy footsteps and the voice lines they shout etc

Comment

Working...
                            X