What would you merge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you merge?

He was an admin. Not anymore, that means he doesn't have to be nice to everyone.

You seem to list Sniper as the noob in previous games. Yeah, they are mostly noobs (They have a lot of lone wolf oriented items). But I don't know if anyone got this but in BC2 they actually *shock* have team oriented items. Motion Sensors and Mortars which are extremely effective. Yeah they might be being given a bit much, but I'll take this over the claymore spamming, IQ Numbing, **** eaters that were the BF2 and 2142 Snipers.

If I could have anything be changed with the classes?

Go the extra distance, notice how all the Assault unlocks don't actually have a 40mm on the little icon when you select them? The **** is going on here? Can't we just decide to only use the rifle? With that in mind. You should have to choose between the Ammo Box/40mm. Hands down. There's no other way around it, and if there is then make it so they can't resupply themselves. Only other team mates can resupply the 40mm.

Or lets just turn the 40mm into the weapon from BC1, that was used to make a door for friendlies and kill enemies that you almost killed with your rifle.

The addition of more universal assault rifles. Like a FAMAS or something.

Edit : What the hell are you trying to say about the C4 and Tanks at the end of your post...

Comment

I've always thought that for good team play that Medics shouldn't be able to heal themselves and "Support" (here, Assault) should not be allowed to self-supply. It would encourage more interaction. There's probably a down side I haven't considered. I guess with 4-person well-rounded squads, it would be bad not to be able to be healed or resupplied, but with larger squads it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
        Actually the admin i meant was scinto >.< I think you're pretty straight forward like how you'ved always been and it is much appreciated like RED.sonic said.
        -And it was mean to those guys that came in here not giving their idea of how a new merge can be cool or not but instead ranted on me.
        That makes me feel better

I didn't think I was being "oppressive" and I have to admit I don't agree with everything you say, but I get where you are coming from when you mention what you say.

-----

The 40mm or ammo crate and the heal/supply everyone but yourselves are very interesting ideas. I wonder if DICE has ever tried all that out?

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          The 40mm or ammo crate and the heal/supply everyone but yourselves are very interesting ideas. I wonder if DICE has ever tried all that out?

Crunch
          Well. it is somehow a good idea but it kinda feels stupid, synce irl that would just be not possible xD.

And then people instead of whining about rambos with 40mm they would whine about 2 friends that would be camping in some rooftop continuously heping each other with ressuply crates , raining down 40mm to people

Comment

There seems to always be something to complain about.

Comment

I like how BC2 merged the class

just need some minor tweaks to weapon balance

(looking at you m60)

Comment

Here is an idea. Why go with a class system at all?

I know the main reason is for balance purposes, but you could go with a slot system / Max Weight plus category system.

Say that a soldier gets 6 slot points.

Rocket Launchers are 4 points. Sniper Rifles and LMGs are 3 points. Assault Rifles, Shotguns would be 2 points. SMGs are 1 Point. Stuff like C4, Medic and Ammo Boxes would be 2 points. Defib, Repair Tool, Sensor balls are 1 point.

A player would have 1 Main Weapon slot, 2 Utility Slots. Pistol and Knife slot are standard. Restriction would apply, like assault rifles would be the only weapon that could have under-barrel weapons.

Weapons need to be balance regardless, so the only issue becomes balancing loadouts so that one isnt too overpowered, but I think it would still create some interesting combos.

The only problem with this would be the 'lone wolves' picking combos for maximum damage, like say an Assault Rifler with Rocket Launcher, but he would still be limited by ammo numbers. Snipers with Ammo Boxes could be an issue. I would personally enjoy playing a Medic with an Assault Rifle instead of a LMG (no noob tube though). And you could always have people who are less weighted down be able to sprint faster. Or be able to have some other special items that require weight like extra ammo.

The leveling system would be different of course, but you could always do it by weapon type not by class.

Comment

Wasn't it counterstrike where weapons got more expensive the more popular they got?
                  That could possiblely work with the above idea, you get 1000 BattleFieldCash (Not Battlefunds!) to equip your soldier at the start of each round.

You want an M60? Ok, but that is all you are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                    Wasn't it counterstrike where weapons got more expensive the more popular they got?
                    That could possiblely work with the above idea, you get 1000 BattleFieldCash (Not Battlefunds!) to equip your soldier at the start of each round.

I would stop beeing a fan of bf that way.

Comment

Well, Counterstrike doesnt have vehicles. (or didnt when I played it in college 10 years ago), so the loadout balance is a bit different. Plus, you got money at the end of a round for the next round. I dont think that will work well.

Now Planetside, the MMOFPS by sony has a load out system as well. That is mainly based off of the armor you wear. Light Armor only has room for 1 large weapon and 1 small weapon. Medium got 2 large weapons and 1 small, while heavy got 2 large and 2 small. Or I think that is how it is/was. Havent played in ages. You actually have a backpack in the game though. So you could customize your loadout as well, in terms of how many reloads you took along.

I dont want to got that far in BF, but i think that not having set class could work well enough.

Comment

That's not a permanent feature - it was something they tried in CS:S but it was a bad idea all the way through, and it was soon removed.

Comment

Originally posted by IcemanNorth
                          Now Planetside, the MMOFPS by sony has a load out system as well. That is mainly based off of the armor you wear. Light Armor only has room for 1 large weapon and 1 small weapon. Medium got 2 large weapons and 1 small, while heavy got 2 large and 2 small. Or I think that is how it is/was. Havent played in ages. You actually have a backpack in the game though. So you could customize your loadout as well, in terms of how many reloads you took along.
                          You also had to certify in the different weapons and vehicles. It was possible to recertify but only a certain numbrt per day

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Originally posted by iQue
                          That's not a permanent feature - it was something they tried in CS:S but it was a bad idea all the way through, and it was soon removed.
                          A shame, it seems like the only way to have the classes/whatever balance themselves naturally.

Comment

The best class/loadout system ever was in Joint Ops. They did it perfectly, so that no matter what you picked, you would not be overpowered. You had essentially a limitless range of options, but you had to choose carefully.

Comment

IMHumbleO No,no,no,no,please no.
                              I think The Battlefield series should maintain certain gameplay standards:
                              1. Sandbox type open enviroment gameplay
                              2. Squad based gameplay with squad VOIP
                              3. Ability to play as infantry, armor, or air forces
                              4. The "rock, paper, scissors" balance of the different classes.

I don`t like having to buy guns and stuff at the biginning of a round. That`s from another game franchise. I like to pick a class. Maybe select a diferent primary weapon, and get to business.
                              The secondary weapons, pistols, ieds, mines, ect. should also represent the kit selected. Snipers with silenced pistols. Engineers with mines. Not 10 players on one team with guilli suits running around with all kinds of weapons like Thomson SMGs and C4. http://www.google.ch/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CBgQ9QEwBA

P.S. I think the kits for BC2 should be combined so.
                              Engineer/Anti Tank: AT Mines, AT/or AA rockets, .45 pistol, and SMG/or shotgun.
                              Medic/Support: Medic pack/or ammo, defibulator, smoke, 9mm pistol, and SMG.
                              Sniper/Recon: Sharp shooter rifle, guilli suit, binoculars(no RT), a BIG knife, Silenced 9mm pistol.
                              Assault/Squad Leader+Special ops = Lead ops: binoculars, artillary/or noob tube, rifleman`s gun scoped/ or unscoped, .45 pistol

there ya have it.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDogg
                                I don`t like having to buy guns and stuff at the biginning of a round. That`s from another game franchise. I like to pick a class. Maybe select a diferent primary weapon, and get to business.
                                The secondary weapons, pistols, ieds, mines, ect. should also represent the kit selected. Snipers with silenced pistols. Engineers with mines. Not 10 players on one team with guilli suits running around with all kinds of weapons like Thomson SMGs and C4.

Well, thats already broken now. You have to customize weapons, gadgets and specializations in each round. And picking up a kit doesn't change appearances, so you can encounter Medics in Ghillie suits.

Comment

Working...
                                X