What would you merge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you merge?

Why do people insist on trying to make this game something its not supposed to be.

Why do people insist on making daft threads about trying to make this game something its not supposed to be.

Why don't people just leave the game alone and play it how it was meant to be.

If you don't like the above don't post in the BC2 Forums its easy.

Comment

And why cant we have this most excellent picture as our "New thread" button?

Comment

More like: if(vbulletin->userid = "Redxink or whatever") { do not show new thread link } else { post away }

Comment

How about a compromise?
          if(vbulletin->userid = "Redink" OR vbulletin->title ="*noob*|*nerf*|*overpowered* ) { Cat->Launch() } else { post away }

Code may need a bit of debugging, I don't speak vbulletin

Comment

Rofl!!!

Comment

Exactly Scinto and Shadow! They merged the classes fine. Any changes to the classes will alter their roles in the game or weaken them in a way they would not be used.

I wouldnt have changed how they were merged.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The only thing I don't like is the machine gun for medic, they should give that to assault but it takes two slots (no GL or C4). Apart from that all classes are fine. They could even remove machine guns since it's like a better assault rifle in this game and you can't balance it to feel like something else than an assault rifle + since you can't go prone, you can't suppress, you're not slower etc.

Comment

The LMGs of BF2142 were much better designed as a suppressive weapon, since they got more accurate with sustained fire.
                  It may not make much sense, but it worked.

Comment

What I want to see is machine gun mechanics like in Wolfenstein Enemy Territory or Red Orchestra, basicly you have a heavy recoil when your machine gun isn't deployed on a solid surface.

Comment

The thing is that the LMGs are "suppose" to be supressive fire weapons. If they are not accurate then people will not be surpressed. Im not talking laser accurate or anything like that, but if people know that at a distance the medic is not going to hit you, then they are not going to stay down. Its also suppose to keep the medic back from the group so as the other people are killed, they can race up and revive.

I know thats not exactly how its working, but I think thats the theory behind it. If you give medics assault or smg weapons, then there is no supressive support role and the medic is in the fight and dying in front fo the line instead of reviving behind it.

Again, I know its probably not what most of us see, but thats how I play as medic and it seems to work alright.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                        Why do people insist on trying to make this game something its not supposed to be.

Why do people insist on making daft threads about trying to make this game something its not supposed to be.

What exactly is this game meant to be? As far as I can tell, it's a team oriented game with both infantry and vehicles. Each kit for the infantry and each vehicle have a role to play. That being said, there is a no one way of making a game like this.

The kits through out the series have changed to some degree. The number of kits will fluctuate as well as what each kit can do. Why does DICE keep changing them if there is only one way they can be done in a game?

While I have confidence in DICE to make a good game, all developers are subject to "constructive criticism". A successful game developer makes a game we, the consumers, want to play. If DICE was the only people to play, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Each BF game tries out new things. Some of them work, some of them don't. Overall, I think DICE is moving in the right direction refining the formula. But thinking each developer makes the perfect game upon release is like living in a fairy tale while wearing rose colored glasses.

If this kind of discussion wasn't allowed here, these forums wouldn't have as much activity. And your last statement is a bit arrogant, especially coming from a past site admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto

We under stand that Scinto, but this thread is to simply just gather what would be a nice merge if we could have it our way.

Originally posted by Vreki,Vanilla
                          if(vbulletin->userid = "Redink" OR vbulletin->title ="*noob*|*nerf*|*overpowered* ) { Cat->Launch() } else { post away }
                          Wow, I tried to post a non lethal flame this time and I still get complaints from you guys and even worst An ADMIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                            Wow, I tried to post a non lethal flame this time and I still get complaints from you guys and even worst An ADMIN.
                            I didnt complain about anything. I agreed with some other posters. I then explained why I think nothing should be changed.

You know, I am also human and have my own thoughts and ideas. I could have just locked all your rant threads, like others suggested that I do, but I let you have your opinion. I guess because I am a moderator though I shouldnt state mine?

I'm not some bot that just keeps the forums clean and post news. I actually play games and enjoy talking to you all about them.

Crunch

Comment

It's appreciated, too, Crunch.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                                I didnt complain about anything. I agreed with some other posters. I then explained why I think nothing should be changed.

You know, I am also human and have my own thoughts and ideas. I could have just locked all your rant threads, like others suggested that I do, but I let you have your opinion. I guess because I am a moderator though I shouldnt state mine?

I'm not some bot that just keeps the forums clean and post news. I actually play games and enjoy talking to you all about them.

Crunch
                                Actually the admin i meant was scinto >.< I think you're pretty straight forward like how you'ved always been and it is much appreciated like RED.sonic said.
                                -And it was mean to those guys that came in here not giving their idea of how a new merge can be cool or not but instead ranted on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X