Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: handguns

Originally posted by Kalo
    Yes, I am sure. Even tested it in some Scrim matches I used to have.
    Kalo, not all the guns in previous bf's kill in 1 headshot, you will need 2, i think only a few assault rifles and the snipers(for sure) kill with 1 headshot hit. its allways been like that. for pistols ull need 2 headshots

Comment

Pretty sure the following in bf2 are one head shot kill:
      PKM(sure about this)
      G36(rather sure about this)
      G3(sure about this)
      SVD(im sure about this)
      M16(???)( i dont use this but it seems a fav in single shot mode for others)
      AK101
      shotguns(Der)
      I dont have much knowledge of the rest of assualt/supports guns because i dont like them
      and ofcouse all the rest of the sniper guns.

I think its just hand guns that are not?

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
        Pretty sure the following in bf2 are one head shot kill:
        PKM(sure about this)
        G36(rather sure about this) nope, the G36E, G36K, and G36C wouldn't kill in a headshot...can't remember if the MG36 does or not
        G3(sure about this)
        SVD(im sure about this)
        M16(???)( i dont use this but it seems a fav in single shot mode for others) nope
        AK101
        shotguns(Der)
        I dont have much knowledge of the rest of assualt/supports guns because i dont like them
        and ofcouse all the rest of the sniper guns.

I think its just hand guns that are not?
        The L85 also kills in one headshot now, as does the RPK.

Comment

I dont agree on the G36 mate sorry .Im always using that one single shot mode.Although i got expert in them all ,i mostly play BF2 as sniper or support.

Comment

Pistols are ok, a lot of recon tards have to rely on them, but I never have a problem with them, I use the rex myself and its purely a backup weapon for when I am out of ammo, firing it from the hip while dodging is usually good

the burst pistol sucks mega balls though

when your laying into a sniper with a m60 and after 5 hits he turns and puts a pistol round into you and your lying dead....then its get annoying lol.So i think OP is valid.
            now I know you're lieing, when you hold fire with the M60 it doesn't just kill the guy in front of you it kills EVERYONE

(lols)

Comment

Just for perspective's sake.

In real life, soldiers are trained to shoot for mass center regardless of distance; yes, even snipers. Headshots are relegated to assassinations when there is the need to insure a given target is pretty much considered dead. The philosophy behind this is that a wounded soldier forces his team mates to try and get him out of the battlefield, and that that soldier will consume resources while healing/getting take care of.

Now, on a videogame; specifically BFBC2. Aiming is too easy, there is nothing pro about pointing and clicking; that's why even in games like battlefield, bullets travel far slower than they do in real life. At the distances firefights happen in-game, no one could strafe left and right to avoid gunfire, there would be no time.

Also, game related and compared between versions: console BC2 has a higher damage model, but has autoaim that is subtlely incorporated into the game mechanics, most people go down in a short burst. I'm guessing DICE decided that PC users, who don't have the aim assistance built in, would cry about it and reduced the overall damage of bullets for all weapons (handguns are all a one shot kill in the head on consoles) considering the average in-game life span of a soldier, around 50 seconds; is it too weird a notion to believe that if guns did more damage this lifespan would be considerably less? Full 32 men server rounds with good players are already less than 20 minutes long; imagine if guns did more damage, first side to kill the first enemy wave would win the rounds everytime, since most of your team would be respawning.

Please stop treating gun damage like it only affects you, if you are not getting one bullet headshots on anybody, guess what, so is everybody else; lag induced hitreg aside; wich was a bigger problem in BF2 and 2142. I'm guessing LAN play would be more similar to the console's damage model, with no lag hitreg being induced into the gameplay. Try it one day, load bf2 or bf2142 and play against bots, see what the damage is like, and the hitreg. Most the damage weapons make starts making much more sense that way; what's to tell you they modeled damage in BC2 the other way around; internet first, aking into account lag and letting LAN sort itself out?

This post is by no means a derison or mocking one; just trying to make you look at the bigger picture and think a bit before dismissing gameplay descitions.

Comment

I dont agree on the G36 mate sorry .Im always using that one single shot mode.Although i got expert in them all ,i mostly play BF2 as sniper or support.
                Okay, well what is it you don't agree with, exactly? And which G36 are you referring to? Whichever, just take the gun damage and multiply by 3 - if the value is over 100 it will kill in a headshot, if it isn't it won't. I know the G36E does 32 per hit, which makes it 96 for a headshot. The G36C is 25, which would only be 75. I know the G36K is somewhere between those two, and I'm not sure about the MG36. The M16 is 30 damage, and the L85 is 34 (used to be 32 and was bumped to 34 in a patch to make it an OHK to the head).

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                  Okay, well what is it you don't agree with, exactly? And which G36 are you referring to? Whichever, just take the gun damage and multiply by 3 - if the value is over 100 it will kill in a headshot, if it isn't it won't. I know the G36E does 32 per hit, which makes it 96 for a headshot. The G36C is 25, which would only be 75. I know the G36K is somewhere between those two, and I'm not sure about the MG36. The M16 is 30 damage, and the L85 is 34 (used to be 32 and was bumped to 34 in a patch to make it an OHK to the head).
                  The medic one is the "E" model right?G36E. Also it would be hard to tell who you hit if they have full bar health or not so im not going to place money or make a bet with you because you may be right.In "quiet a few cases" ive downed a person with one head shot but they may have only .96% health or so.

Comment

The medic one is the "E" model right?G36E. Also it would be hard to tell who you hit if they have full bar health or not so im not going to place money or make a bet with you because you may be right.In "quiet a few cases" ive downed a person with one head shot but they may have only .96% health or so.
                    Yes, the 'E' is the medic version, the 'C' is the regular spec ops unlock, the 'K' is the Special Forces SAS spec ops gun, and the MG36 is the SAS support gun.

Comment

Working...
                    X