handguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handguns

Anyone feel the handgun is a little bit too strong? I swear I've had many close quarter spray with a machine gun and lost. One of the unlock hand gun can kill you with in 2-3 hits around the body area.
    It's like one shot is equivalent to one mini machine gun burst because it usually takes about 2-3 burst as well but it hardly stands a chance at the pistol speed. Any comments?

Re: handguns

These threads are starting to get a tad annoying.

No. Handguns are not overpowered. The flaw in your argument is that you said "spray" if you spray with any weapon you're going to get owned.

Conclusion: you just suck.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_

No. Handguns are not overpowered. The flaw in your argument is that you said "spray" if you spray with any weapon you're going to get owned.

agreed

Comment

when your laying into a sniper with a m60 and after 5 hits he turns and puts a pistol round into you and your lying dead....then its get annoying lol.So i think OP is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
          when your laying into a sniper with a m60 and after 5 hits he turns and puts a pistol round into you and your lying dead....then its get annoying lol.So i think OP is valid.
          That doesn't ever happen to me. Usually snipers are dead by the time they figure out I'm firing at them. :wee:

Comment

That's exactly what happens and I Do them too, sometimes I rather run around with my pistol and the point is, that a handgun should not over power at close range seeing how they can snipe head shot at close range without aiming as well.
            So jake I'd hush up if I was you!

Comment

Look at the TimeToKill values in this table.
              Most weapons kill faster than the handguns if you hit your target.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                Look at the TimeToKill values in this table.
                Most weapons kill faster than the handguns if you hit your target.

not really ! i mean compare M1911 on that chart to a machine gun in BODY hits.3 vs 5 or more...

machine guns take 2 or 3 head shots to kill(gee this game is screwed up rego)

and time for M1911 is 0.3429 seconds and most others are high 3s or 4-5-.6

ovcorse this all depends if all the hits are registering,I dont see that chart as any point to prove sorry champ.

its not your fault!just look at the pkm for example !3 head shots to kill somone(i mean get real)

it even says the M1 garand,G3 are two head shots to kill and the same as a M1911,talk about a nurfed game,what ever happened to 1 shot head kills

Comment

The m1911 may have a problem, its numbers also looks out of place when compared to the rest of the handguns.
                  But then we are just talking about one handgun and not handguns in general.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_

No he doesn't. The numbers are telling, pistol rounds do (alot) more damage per round than assault rifles. Makes no sense to be honest.

Comment

not really ! i mean compare M1911 on that chart to a machine gun in BODY hits.3 vs 5 or more...

machine guns take 2 or 3 head shots to kill(gee this game is screwed up rego)

and time for M1911 is 0.3429 seconds and most others are high 3s or 4-5-.6

ovcorse this all depends if all the hits are registering,I dont see that chart as any point to prove sorry champ.

its not your fault!just look at the pkm for example !3 head shots to kill somone(i mean get real)

it even says the M1 garand,G3 are two head shots to kill and the same as a M1911,talk about a nurfed game,what ever happened to 1 shot head kills
                      And in the time you put two bullets from the pistol in someone, they had the time to fire 20 at you; the handguns are good for sneaky attacks, they are quieter than the AR, but lack power at range even tough they have the greatest accuracy of all weapons; try to counter snipe with a handgun and tell me how it goes tough.

I'd also like to see you holding out three people with your handgun; they have great damage to help finish off fights or fend off in a duel instead of waiting for your reload animation; you could play full time with a handgun, but they don't have large clips, they carry the least ammo of all weapons and the rate of fire is terrible in the long run. In theory just by looking at the number, you could kill 12 people with a handgun, but in practice this is not the case.

Comment

In the end, those who die suck. No nerfing needed.

Comment

Teh h@ndgunz are haX0red!

I am on the fence with the handguns. I dont think they are terrible, but some are weaker than others and the charts show that they are stronger than Assault rifles, which is wrong.

So I dont know.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Heck I thought they were all weak. 3-4 point blank at head and still live to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Eglaerinion
                              No he doesn't. The numbers are telling, pistol rounds do (alot) more damage per round than assault rifles. Makes no sense to be honest.
                              Don't be stupid. They do more damage but look at the rate of fire. It's usually nearly half that of most rifles. They do more damage per bullet, but fire much fewer bullets per second.

Let's do the math, comparing the AN-94 rifle to the M1911 handgun.

AN-94
                              Normal Body damage at close range: 20
                              Rounds Per Second (RPM/60)= 10
                              Damage done in one second: 200

M1911 Handgun
                              Normal Body damage at close range: 34
                              Rounds Per Second: 5.83
                              Damage done in one second: 198.22

Furthermore. You only get 7 rounds with the 1911 and 20 with the AN-94. Every rifle has much greater range than any handgun.

Numbers don't lie.

edit: So unless you can get consistently headshots with a handgun at any range, good luck taking out a whole squad without reloading. On the other hand, I can do that easily with any rifle.

second edit: At long distance the AN-94 has an approximately 16.5% drop in damage value whereas the M1911 has a 26.5% drop.

Comment

Working...
                              X