Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no longer need mini burst shots anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: no longer need mini burst shots anymore?

I see deviation as a way to simulate that it becomes harder and hard to aim the more you move.
    In real life very few would be able to come running and heatshot a man 500 meters away, but it is somewhat less of a problem when you are just sitting on your *** in front of the computer. Yes, I know IRL is a poor argument, but that is one of the aspects BF is trying to implement.

Alternative they could have the bullets go exactly where you aim, but introduce sway equal to the current deviation. But I dont think that would be a pleasant experience.

As for recoil, we once again have the problem that controlling recoil with a mouse would be fat to easy compared to controlling the recoil of say and full auto G3. Or so I assume, I have never fired anything bigger than a .22 bolt action.

So these mechanism are there to make people act more like they are on a battlefield and less like they are playing unreal tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!

Now in most BF games after a few shots on automatic (when iron sights are up, or even red dot) everything goes to hell, and you cannot "control" your spraying by pulling the mouse down (also akin to compensating for recoil in real life), instead the bullets simply start going in random directions that are NOT where the gun is pointing - so they "deviate" and create a "random cone of fire" thats to simulate recoil. (there you go guys haha.)

What doesn't make sense to me is that they don't just up the kick on your ironsights and have the bullet go where the sights dictate it would, which would be logical, and less random.

I have to disagree!! I and a few other clanmates tested this out and bullets do indeed go where the iron sights recoil in BC2. You can test this out by entering an empty server and shooting at a wall. Increase your distance from the wall gradually and see if the marks on the wall accurately matches the recoil. It only works while you using iron sights (as you should be).

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
        I have to disagree!! I and a few other clanmates tested this out and bullets do indeed go where the iron sights recoil in BC2. You can test this out by entering an empty server and shooting at a wall. Increase your distance from the wall gradually and see if the marks on the wall accurately matches the recoil. It only works while you using iron sights (as you should be).
        I know for a fact the bullets didn't go where the iron sights pointed in the beta... and from what I've seen so far I don't think they do either.

Comment

I know for a fact the bullets didn't go where the iron sights pointed in the beta... and from what I've seen so far I don't think they do either.
          Run some extensive tests; every weapon has its own spread pattern and it's consistent with the time you hold the fire button down.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
            Run some extensive tests; every weapon has its own spread pattern and it's consistent with the time you hold the fire button down.
            But see thats the point, it has a "spread pattern."

What it needs is just a "go where the ironsights are pointed" pattern.

Comment

But see thats the point, it has a "spread pattern."

What it needs is just a "go where the ironsights are pointed" pattern.
              *sigh* I wish.

Comment

Burst 4 to 5 bullets for assault and medic.

Gluing your finger to the left mouse button will only earn you 3 sniper shots from different directions catching your huge firework muzzle flash.

Big muzzle flash blinds my iron sight.

I fire 5 bursts, run behind cover, run out and fire again.

Comment

CoD4 had the system with bullets going where your ironsights were, generally. Some weapons have more visual recoil that they actually have, and there's no such thing as "recoil based bullet pattern" when using hipfire. There's also a small sway to all weapons ironsighted which moves your weapon around while not doing so for your actual view, meaning that your bullets pretty much always deviates a bit from the ironsights but not from the actual center of your screen. Sniper scopes zoom in to this predetermined "8" that your crosshair moves in, and not to actual center of your screen. It was by no means a perfect system. :dead:

BC2 is pretty good in that regard, but there still seems to be some sort of cone of fire, just much less so than BF2 or even BF2142.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                    CoD4 had the system with bullets going where your ironsights were, generally. Some weapons have more visual recoil that they actually have, and there's no such thing as "recoil based bullet pattern" when using hipfire. There's also a small sway to all weapons ironsighted which moves your weapon around while not doing so for your actual view, meaning that your bullets pretty much always deviates a bit from the ironsights but not from the actual center of your screen. Sniper scopes zoom in to this predetermined "8" that your crosshair moves in, and not to actual center of your screen. It was by no means a perfect system. :dead:

BC2 is pretty good in that regard, but there still seems to be some sort of cone of fire, just much less so than BF2 or even BF2142.
                    Mmmmm yea basically.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                      The idle sway had absolutely no effect on a weapons accuracy because you werent shooting, just holding iron sights up. Whether it was done for immersion or practical purposes, it worked for both. And when you started shooting, the recoil kicked your screen around, effectively affecting where the bullets went. It was almost perfect, you have to take into account the whole system to see how well it worked. The only problem I had with it, really, was that there was no skill involved with recoil management, except for tapping with the AK. Nevertheless, it worked out just fine.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
                      Kyle disagrees, which means someone should do some oldschool TBF2 testing.

Comment

Working...
                      X