Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no longer need mini burst shots anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no longer need mini burst shots anymore?

I admit I did not realize this until a week ago. I still used my old skills of battlefield 2's mini burst for accuracy, but I had no idea it wasn't even needed anymore. This game practically lets you hold down your button during zoom mode while the enemy is a good distance away and you will always have a very high chance of hitting them. I started to do that often and now I'm racking up kills more then I did a week ago. I mean sure that may be realistic but not very skill full.

Re: no longer need mini burst shots anymore?

Originally posted by RedxInk
    I admit I did not realize this until a week ago. I still used my old skills of battlefield 2's mini burst for accuracy, but I had no idea it wasn't even needed anymore. This game practically lets you hold down your button during zoom mode while the enemy is a good distance away and you will always have a very high chance of hitting them. I started to do that often and now I'm racking up kills more then I did a week ago. I mean sure that may be realistic but not very skill full.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
      Gotta agree, there's really only a few guns that work like that.

If anything, it was the fact that you can't just hold down the button that makes bf games require more skill than call of imba-aim.

Comment

Bursting > Full auto

That said weapons deviated like you held your weapon with only your thumbs in BF2 so I'm glad weapons are somewhat accurate now in BC2

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty

If anything, it was the fact that you can't just hold down the button that makes bf games require more skill than call of imba-aim.
          The fact that head shots were normally OSOK and anything other than a headshots was just giving your enemy more time to headshot you contributed a bit more to why BF games require more skill. You can hold down the button on most automatic weapons in BF2 at assault rifle distances. L85 surely wasn't one of them though.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
            The fact that head shots were normally OSOK and anything other than a headshots was just giving your enemy more time to headshot you contributed a bit more to why BF games require more skill. You can hold down the button on most automatic weapons in BF2 at assault rifle distances. L85 surely wasn't one of them though.
            Wasn't the l85 the only gun that had a OSOK headshot? For Rifles ofcourse (or AR's :P).

And ofcourse you could hold down the fire button and get a kill, but generally you would be rewarded for precision/careful aiming and burst shots, just like you are in BC2.

Comment

Wasn't the l85 the only gun that had a OSOK headshot? For Rifles ofcourse (or AR's :P).

And ofcourse you could hold down the fire button and get a kill, but generally you would be rewarded for precision/careful aiming and burst shots, just like you are in BC2.
              No, the L85 wasn't the only weapon that had an OSOK, it is actually the second weakest medic/assault class gun just above the m16. Generally the better skilled players figured out you could actually control the kick from weapons in fully automatic much like the way you can irl.

Not all fully automatic bf2 weapons are OSOKs like the SF and AT weapons but the damage increase on getting a headshot still made anyone that wasn't shooting for the head less likely to get the kill.

The same applies to the m16 as anyone with skill would pull down on the mouse making the next 2 shots pretty much follow the same path resulting in a OSOK.

BC2 is much different than other Battlefield games because it doesn't use bullet deviation. It uses a cone of fire which takes much less skill to get down. It is also far less accurate when factoring in skill in the sense that the better someone is with eye/hand coordination the more he is limited by a cone of fire.

Comment

No, the L85 wasn't the only weapon that had an OSOK, it is actually the second weakest medic/assault class gun just above the m16. Generally the better skilled players figured out you could actually control the kick from weapons in fully automatic much like the way you can irl.

Not all fully automatic bf2 weapons are OSOKs like the SF and AT weapons but the damage increase on getting a headshot still made anyone that wasn't shooting for the head less likely to get the kill.

The same applies to the m16 as anyone with skill would pull down on the mouse making the next 2 shots pretty much follow the same path resulting in a OSOK.

BC2 is much different than other Battlefield games because it doesn't use bullet deviation. It uses a cone of fire which takes much less skill to get down. It is also far less accurate when factoring in skill in the sense that the better someone is with eye/hand coordination the more he is limited by a cone of fire.
                I'm pretty sure all BF games had the random cone of fire thing going on... Not just BC2.

Comment

Yes, I am not quite sure what the difference is between "deviation" and "cone of fire"?
                  The more deviation, the larger the cone.

Comment

By skill, you were probably thinking "luck", as COD4 had no random deviation. Spread was purely recoil based. In BF franchise, making the game easier for an average player, by reducing his chances of getting killed, random cone of fire was introduced (at least since BF2 and onwards). In COD4, it was simple. If you were a poor shot, you didnt get the kill, and you were moving on to Hardcore.

BF franchise now has random deviation *and* a 3x bonus for headshots (I assume same applies to BC2), which means youre just as likely to die to someone with skill, as you are to someone who got lucky.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Originally posted by Vreki
                    Yes, I am not quite sure what the difference is between "deviation" and "cone of fire"?
                    The more deviation, the larger the cone.
                    Could they possibly represent something akin to "acceleration" / "speed"?

Comment

I think the guns in this game have massive deviation, i have been crouched at a guys crotch holding the button down and all the bullets have missed :/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                        The way I remember it from previous BF games, deviation means that the bullet leaves the barrel at an angle in a random direction. A greater deviation means a greater angle.
                        But I cant find a source for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                          The way I remember it from previous BF games, deviation means that the bullet leaves the barrel at an angle in a random direction. A greater deviation means a greater angle.
                          But I cant find a source for that.
                          "Random deviation", "deviation", "random cone of fire", "cone of fire". Ive always assumed they described one and the same thing, which you just described.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            By skill, you were probably thinking "luck", as COD4 had no random deviation. Spread was purely recoil based. In BF franchise, making the game easier for an average player, by reducing his chances of getting killed, random cone of fire was introduced (at least since BF2 and onwards). In COD4, it was simple. If you were a poor shot, you didnt get the kill, and you were moving on to Hardcore.

BF franchise now has random deviation *and* a 3x bonus for headshots (I assume same applies to BC2), which means youre just as likely to die to someone with skill, as you are to someone who got lucky.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Actually Chris, BC2 doesn't have that deviation like BF2 (thank god). Take it from a BF2 veteran like myself that maybe the cone still applies but the deviation is noticeably gone. I also totally agree with you about the skill vs luck aspect of BF2 due to the ridiculous idea of "random deviation". Even though I learned to deal with it, it was always in my opinion one of the stupidest ideas DICE ever created for the series.

To say that it takes more skill to hit someone in BF2 is debatable. I would argue that it takes "experience" more than skill. You have to know and understand the intricacies of the shooting mechanics to become a "skilled" shooter. This gave veterans an unfair advantage over newcomers. Its funny because its the exact opposite of DICE's intentions.

Comment

Well that's not a OSOK, it's technically 2/3, I am 1000% sure the only Rifle (aside from snipers) that could osok was the L85...

Comment

Working...
                              X