No announcement yet.

Sense of Entitlement on these Forums...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sense of Entitlement on these Forums...

is simply astounding. The games are products marketed by a business that needs to make money to survive. DICE doesn't exist to please you. For example, a lot of people are upset that BF3 might be cross-platform and feel "betrayed" by DICE. Why should they spend more time developing a PC only game? Why would they want to make LESS money than if they made the game for multiple platforms?

Or take how BC2 isn't an exact copy of BF2. They took out prone because they thought it would improve gameplay. Most people won't be bothered by it and certainly won't "boycott" the game for it. If you like BF2 so much, just keep playing it, but DICE is going to make a game that is enjoyable by more people, not just the vocal minority.

If was the CEO of DICE I would make the best decision for the company not what pleased a small demographic. DICE doesn't OWE any of you anything. If you don't like it, it's fine to voice your opinion, but don't expect DICE to make large just sacrifices because the PC community "deserves" anything. It's just another consumer in a large market.

edit: IBTL

Re: Sense of Entitlement on these Forums...

Like I said before, times are a changing and people generally don't like change. I for one am making the change over to consoles only b/c I am to cheap and lazy to order a new PSU for my gaming computer plus I just bought a new HDTV, it makes a world of difference in gaming on consoles. Plus you get used to the joystick.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
      The games are products marketed by a business that needs to make money to survive. DICE doesn't exist to please you. L
      Actually they do, if they please me, they get my money.

The problem I have with BC is its not exactly the next step in battlefield (although I understand its mainly for consoles) its not an expansion of the BF gameplay, its a move towards CoD, streamlining the games to make more sales on consoles.

When they do something new and different again, I will buy it.

The main reason I dont want a console is the majority of players are idiots, not that the PC community is a shining star, but you generally get more teamwork orientated games on the pc with communication, with I enjoy.

Comment

IIRC the PC community pretty much made DICE. If we (PC fan base) were not pleased with their product (BF2), they would not be where they are today. I do however agree on the rest of your post.

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
          Actually they do, if they please me, they get my money.

The problem I have with BC is its not exactly the next step in battlefield (although I understand its mainly for consoles) its not an expansion of the BF gameplay, its a move towards CoD, streamlining the games to make more sales on consoles.

When they do something new and different again, I will buy it.

The main reason I dont want a console is the majority of players are idiots, not that the PC community is a shining star, but you generally get more teamwork orientated games on the pc with communication, with I enjoy.
          DICE isn't making decisions on which venue has better teamwork and communication or what a small online community thinks should be the "next step in Battlefield." They're making a game that will appeal to the largest demographic.

They obviously aren't sell outs, trying to mimmick MW2. BC2 is no BF2142 for me, but I am enjoying it immensely and it's far superior to MW2.

Originally posted by (3SA)B|Rec.TAMPA
          IIRC the PC community pretty much made DICE. If we (PC fan base) were not pleased with their product (BF2), they would not be where they are today. I do however agree on the rest of your post.
          True and I don't think they've neglected the BF2 community, but tried to expand their horizons and include other and different elements. The BF2 community is like DICE's jealous girlfriend; it doesn't want DICE spending time doing anything but what it wants.

This isn't to say I think everyone who dislikes the game is wrong. It's perfectly fine to dislike a game for it's on intrinsic reasons. I just think trying to hold BC2 or anything else does to a "BF2 golden standard" is absurd.

Comment

Specially when BF2 "golden standard" was a mess of programming, glaring glitches and worse patches that turned an otherwise really fun game with tons of little details into a grenade, instaprone spamming, vehicle whoring nightmare.

What's revolting is seeing people actually want to stay in that age of gaming; the worse was reading a post about soloing the chopper being a good thing.

Really, another jarring realization comes from the fact is people making DICE into something is not; a real big studio with money falling out their pockets.
            They are a successful studio alright; but really... how many games they have out there? They had a surprise hit (1942) followed by a somewhat ok title (Vietnam sold well, but it wasn't that well liked) their main hit (BF2) another derivateive work that was better than the main hit in many aspects, but shunned because it wasn't BF2 (2142) and... and what? what other game has put DICE on the map? As much as I like the BF series, I don't think DICE can compete with, dare I say, Infinity Ward in terms of staying power in case of a bombed title?

Nevertheless, it's just plain denial to affirm that DICE hasn't come a long way in terms of programming and design, for such a young company.

Comment

I totally agree... I think I stated this in minimal form somewhere else. Its really annoying.

Comment

Just because you "made" DICE doesn't mean anything. Currently you aren't making DICE, it's the Console players. You're now a minority. Change sucks doesn't it?

Comment

trying to tell people what they can say and can't say here.... is appalling.

everyone has opinion, this is a forum where views and ideas are exchanged freely. everyone is entitled to their point of view, whether you think its right or wrong.

the lack of tolerance here and people raging cuz of very minor things is saddening. we are loyal paying customers, i think everyone is entitled to say what they want in their games, no?

definitely does not deserve someone to go berzerk when they ask for realism, or go bonkers because someone wanted prone. talk about lack of tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    trying to tell people what they can say and can't say here.... is appalling.

everyone has opinion, this is a forum where views and ideas are exchanged freely. everyone is entitled to their point of view, whether you think its right or wrong.

the lack of tolerance here and people raging cuz of very minor things is saddening. we are loyal paying customers, i think everyone is entitled to say what they want in their games, no?

definitely does not deserve someone to go berzerk when they ask for realism, or go bonkers because someone wanted prone. talk about lack of tolerance.
                    I really doubt any normal player of the BF Franchise actually knows what "Realistic" is bro.

Comment

Minmaster is just butthurt because I chew out anyone who claims that a game can't be fun unless it's extremely "realistic" and only then.

I'm "loyal paying customer" as well and as such I have a right to say that BF2 fanboys are out of place complaining so thoroughly about BC2. Just because you're entitled to your opinion doesn't mean I can't say you're wrong to think that DICE should try to appease a vocal minority instead of trying to become successful and actually survive as a business. DICE is a small company that can't throw money around rather than making a game that will return a higher profit.

Comment

you can say what u want, but you don't really say it in a diplomatic manner... u rage pretty hard, lol... however i did notice you are getting better at controlling your anger as of late, so kudos to you.

Comment

Jake !what happened? you chilled out now your after avengance?Minmaster is 150% right !everyone is entitled to a opinion just like this is your thread to speak out :salute:

Edit: first rule of business is dont forget your roots

Comment

I'm not attacking anyone in particular at least with the OP... although maybe minmaster a little bit because he's asking for it

I'm just voicing my opinion that we as a PC community shouldn't be so upset with DICE for making really the most profitable decision. They all have jobs and families to support with those jobs. They work for a business that needs to make money. They're not our servants here to entertain us and supply us with exactly what we want.

You can have your opinion that no game will ever meet the standards of BF2 and I can have my opinion that thinking thus is flawed and wrong.

Comment

We have:
                              *Cavemen who thinks gaming peaked with pong
                              *Dramaqueens and their I quit/cancel/commit harakiri threads
                              *Rabid fanboys that treat the game like a religion
                              *L337 pilots who think everybody else are just targets in their personal flightsim

But I dont see much of the entitlement you are talking about, at least not here on TGN.
                              Its not entitlement to state how you wish the game should be different, it first becomes that when you demand that they follow your wishes.

Comment

Working...
                              X