Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I reached the highest rank in the BETA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I reached the highest rank in the BETA...

I think it's a good system.

The gold star is no longer tied to the first place in a round, so it reduces the ammount of players that only care for being first place.

You can focus on getting your gold stars time and again, but it is easier if you stick to your squad and try to complete objectives; I see myself playing a lot more rush than conquest this time.

Unless rush becomes the new titan mode. I don't know you, but I got two gold stars in the same round last night: knife and pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingkat54
      IMHO, I think the 'points' for weapons should be balanced between kills, and time played. Only if you have either the uber-skills or time to devote to the game, will you be able to max out the weapons. Note: I am only talking about weapon upgrades.

Ranks are another matter.

If it is too difficult to achieve, I see a few people wanting some cheats to achieve it. I like the COD style experience points stuff. Regardless of my K/D ratio that day, I got something for my efforts.
      Sorry if this
      Are you saying that rank should be avaible to all, but unlocks only for a minority?
      Because I think that would be a bad idea, there would be significants parts of the game that the majority never would have a chance of trying. Thats seems a bit unfair and a waste of the developers effort.

I like it better if any single unlock can be acessed with a reassonable amount of effort. Like in BF2/BF2142 where you may not be able to get every single unlock on the same soldier, but if there was a unlock you really wanted, you would be able to get it.
      And multiple soldiers allowed you to try all combinations of unlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
        Are you saying that rank should be avaible to all, but unlocks only for a minority?
        Because I think that would be a bad idea, there would be significants parts of the game that the majority never would have a chance of trying. Thats seems a bit unfair and a waste of the developers effort.

I like it better if any single unlock can be acessed with a reassonable amount of effort. Like in BF2/BF2142 where you may not be able to get every single unlock on the same soldier, but if there was a unlock you really wanted, you would be able to get it.
        This. Increasing time needed, number of kills or something like that only encourages the uber leet kids to go and get hacks and aimbots.

We have the experience from commanders in BF2/2142. Of course for the better players "only" 100 kills or so is ridiculous because they can do that in one game, maybe two or three depending on their lag; but for the everyday player, 100 kills might mean one week of playtime dedicated to that particular gun.
        Also, theoreticaly, a player should use all four kits during a match; so if a super player kills 100 people in a round, ideally he would get 25 kills on each kit, even tough we know it's not that way as those players are usually obnoxious enough that they won't change from assault to engineer to take care of armor if it would tarnish their getting a gold star.

So really these requirements are planned more for people that will switch kits during a round and spread out their scoring more. They NEED a gold star every other day to rank up since they don't have the "skills" to get 9k points every round.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki

No I think you missed my point a little. I understand that RANKS and WEPS are separate points sytems. You accumulate them independently, correct? Just that WEP unlocks should be a little easier to achieve than say moving up in a rank. COD seemed to connect the two. Always thought WEP unlocks should be for the time you spend in a game. RANKS should be for your individual ability as a player. If that makes any sense. I was Rank 55 in COD but my stats didn't prove I was that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingkat54
            No I think you missed my point a little. I understand that RANKS and WEPS are separate points sytems. You accumulate them independently, correct? Just that WEP unlocks should be a little easier to achieve than say moving up in a rank. COD seemed to connect the two. Always thought WEP unlocks should be for the time you spend in a game. RANKS should be for your individual ability as a player. If that makes any sense. I was Rank 55 in COD but my stats didn't prove I was that good.
            Ok, that makes sense. Rank both in COD and BF are essentially a measure of time played and not skill, so it wasnt that big a deal that weapons was tied to rank.

But if they introduce skill-rank, they also get the risk of people becomming even more focused on their own stats, instead of teamplay. I think that is why they dont have K/D on the scoreboard.

I think that right now the best measure of you contribution to the team is your score, so I guess you could base rank on your average score/round. But that would also mean that a drop in your score would cause a demotion. I can already imagine the rage as someone newly demoted blame his entire team for dragging down his score

Comment

I guess I am not that big a fan of WEP Unlocks. Ranks, K/D Ratios, Skill Points, Prestige Points, stuff like that are fine. In COD4 I had level 55, all weps and never achieved all the skill tests. Didn't see the point.

To have some weps available to players just because they spend more time,or achieve points in a game seems a little unfair. Have all weps available at the beginning to everyone.
              But I see your point too. Individual score seems to be what many play for. Hard to get players in a pubbie to play as a team sometimes.

Comment

Well, in an ideal world there would be no rank, unlocks or stats and people would just play because they enjoy the game.
                But I think that the latest generations of games have proven that the majority want a reward for playing.
                And I am not above that myself, if everything was available from day 1, I would just stick with a few favourites and not spend much time with the rest. Human nature.

Comment

Point well taken. I too find myself, after achieving all the unlocks, making a few Fav-Kits and playing away. I liike to tailor my kits to my abilities and style of play. Can't do that until I have the unlocks. But thats just my way of looking at it. Just not a big fan of Wep Unlocks.

This game has so much potential for success.

Comment

Working...
                  X