Gun Damage Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gun Damage Poll

Yea I noticed that when I was doing some recoil tests. I feel like I have no idea where my bullets are going when I shoot them, and its starting to annoy me.

Comment

Well... It would explain the damage and rate of fire complaints if your gun only fires half the rounds it's supposed to.

Comment

Actually what makes me kinda annoyed is the fact that the bullets should go where your gun is pointed, not in random directions. They should go where your sights dictate they should, and if they want more recoil (inaccuracy at full auto) then give it more kick.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
          Actually what makes me kinda annoyed is the fact that the bullets should go where your gun is pointed, not in random directions. They should go where your sights dictate they should, and if they want more recoil (inaccuracy at full auto) then give it more kick.
          If you mean deviation, then thats The Battlefield Way(TM). It simulates that your aim gets worse the more you move, not recoil.
          So the bullets go where you point if you steady the weapon first.
          I like it that way, its one of the things that make BF gameplay different from COD where people run around the whole time.

Comment

Yeah, they really should use a recoil-based deviation instead of a random cone of fire.

From what I understand the cone of fire is easier to implement. It also bridges the gap between casual players and those crazy people who play all day, every day.

I've put in about 11 hours on the Beta. Feels like a reasonable amount of time. There are people with over 40 hours clocked in a beta that started just a few days ago...
            After seeing those numbers it seems like I'm one of those casual players who should be thankful for the random CoF.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              If you mean deviation, then thats The Battlefield Way(TM). It simulates that your aim gets worse the more you move, not recoil.
              So the bullets go where you point if you steady the weapon first.
              I like it that way, its one of the things that make BF gameplay different from COD where people run around the whole time.
              Meh I prefer the other way in which its possible to mow down large amounts of enemies. But thats just me.

And there are people running in this game, just running and spraying a little more inaccurately.

Comment

The random deviation takes more skill to master in my opinion; and is less prone to be helped by an aimbot.

And for those arguing for realism; there is random deviation on real weapons too, i's just less pronounced and noticeable in well made weapons; as a matter of fact if you check around it's almost impossible no matter how much stabilization you get on a mounted weapon, to completely eliminate random deviation, and weapons are measured as good depending on how close they align shots.

But realistic deviation is harder to implement in videogames. It does exist tough; bullet travel is affected by imperfections in the barrel and deformation on the bullet itself.

Let's put it this way: If you are achieving a positive K/D over 2; with realistic deviation you should be achieving closer to 6, and over 50% firing efficiency.

So really, if you are one of the guys that are on the top lists every time; you have no right to complain about random cone of fire; it's there to give people with less gaming time a fighting chance against their peers, not you.

Comment

Working...
                X