• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GOD, I miss prone!

lolz.....supersoaker ftw!

Comment

Yeah I do miss it, I kind of understand their point about increasing the pace of the game but as you guys have already said I REALLY miss it when I'm trying to hide from tanks.

Comment

Give it some time; after a couple of days you'll have leveled enough, that any kit you take will have one or two unlocks that make you not hide form the tanks.

It's already the second day; most engineers already have AT mines, recons have mortars; getting in a tank with no extra armor is plain suicide.

Comment

You just have to adapt your gameplay. It was the same for 1943, but you work around it and use different tactics than you would in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Torchwood
            You just have to adapt your gameplay. It was the same for 1943, but you work around it and use different tactics than you would in BF2.
            I still don't get this. Why should we be so complacent? Why not just put in prone and let us have MORE options?

I mean I understand this is a console port, so I suppose I'll just be watchin out for it with BF3

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
              I still don't get this. Why should we be so complacent? Why not just put in prone and let us have MORE options?

I mean I understand this is a console port, so I suppose I'll just be watchin out for it with BF3
              cause insta proning looks kinda retarded
              actually it looks very goddamn retarded

DICE cant do prone to save their lives

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
                cause insta proning looks kinda retarded
                actually it looks very goddamn retarded

DICE cant do prone to save their lives
                Well thats a matter of animation and design. i still want prone

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                  Well thats a matter of animation and design. i still want prone
                  not about the animation but the instant accuracy you got when you hit the ground and the generaly gunplay

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
                    not about the animation but the instant accuracy you got when you hit the ground and the generaly gunplay
                    That got fixed in bf2142, anyways: The argument could be made that having no prone invokes the need for more skill since you don't have a automatic, no risk move against incoming fire.

Now you have to remain much more mobile and attacking constantly, or at least, on the move. The tank's turret can't aim that low, and the cannon misses crouching enemies if they are too near; and at super long distances the bullet drop makes it difficult right now to aim instantly so it balances out.
                    If you are dying to tanks, no ammount of proning would have saved you anyways, since if the tank pilot saw you kneeling, they could have just blown your cover along with your proned self.

Comment

Yea I really don't see what the big deal is here. I have friends who have played BF2 and played this and not said anything regarding the use of prone, its like they don;t even realise the game is missing it.

Comment

well i miss it! go to a roof top and not bieng able to prone is like waving a shoot me flag!head poking out all the time!it would slow to game down a little which is good IMO

Comment

why in the world is there no prone? who the fires a machine gun while crouching? its supposed to be a support weapon, not a high capacity sub machine-gun.

Comment

Makes it easier for players to knife, proning = no sudden movements.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Smith
                              why in the world is there no prone? who the fires a machine gun while crouching? its supposed to be a support weapon, not a high capacity sub machine-gun.
                              you are on a thread necrophilia kick today ?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Smith
                                I don't know whether to admonish you for necro'ing a dead horse thread, or praise you for using the Search feature and finding an existing thread on a topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X