This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GOD, I miss prone!

lol this game has a lot of work to be done before it can reach final release
    i hope they put prone back in, as unlikely as it is, it would be a welcomed feature by everyone i think.

Comment

Works fine for me...

Comment

I actually hated the idea of taking it out.... at first. Now it feels like the game was meant to be this way. It's fine in my opinion. Too bad they couldn't just allow prone on snipers only.

Comment

i don't need prone for offensive reasons... to camp or snipe. i want it for defensive reasons. it's ridiculous i am hiding behind a concrete wall that exposes my head when crouched and a tank rolls close by and you can't go prone. just not realistic that my guy can't go down on his belly to save himself from being pulverized by tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            i don't need prone for offensive reasons... to camp or snipe. i want it for defensive reasons. it's ridiculous i am hiding behind a concrete wall that exposes my head when crouched and a tank rolls close by and you can't go prone. just not realistic that my guy can't go down on his belly to save himself from being pulverized by tank.
            Exactly.

But we won't see it. There aren't enough buttons on the console controller and this is a port (a good port so far, but still a port). Plus - the maps weren't tested for prone exploits.

Comment

we wont see it cuz it's a console game first and foremost. just like how we can't see ping and commo-rose is gone (for heaven's sake i can't even say "i need repairs").

Comment

we wont see it cuz it's a console game first and foremost. just like how we can't see ping and commo-rose is gone (for heaven's sake i can't even say "i need repairs").
                Yeah it's really hard to come to terms with a BF console port

Comment

It sucks not having prone sniping. my hand got all cramped up having to hold crouch all the time.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

CAn't you turn it to toggle?

Comment

If you look around there are quite alot of defensive sniping positions where your head isnt visible. And since prone wasnt in BC1 it shouldnt be in this, if you want prone wait until BF3.

Only thing I would like is for a Toggle Crouch.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                        There aren't enough buttons on the console controller
                        I'm sorry but this is absolute rubbish. There are enough buttons on a console to prone and this is not the reason why it isn't in the game. There are plenty of FPS games on consoles with prone in. Usually they use the same button as crouch and it doesn't cause any problems.

Comment

Wait, wut? OK, there is no Comm-Rose? OMG, that was what made BF2 great compared to other titles at that time of release. I hope BF3 gets it back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                            If you look around there are quite alot of defensive sniping positions where your head isnt visible. And since prone wasnt in BC1 it shouldnt be in this, if you want prone wait until BF3.

Only thing I would like is for a Toggle Crouch.
                            i said I DONT CARE OR NEED prone for sniping/camping. i need it to hide and not be seen.

Comment

Yeah, I did miss the commo rose quite a bit. Is there a way to spot someone without firing a bullet? Would be nice to spot a tank without having to let it know where I am. >_>

Also, I spent a good 10 minutes trying to find out how to turn the health meter on. As fun as regenerating health is, I would love to have some quantifiable health instead of just; red corners, kinda splotchy screen, and very splotchy screen. It irritated me in Wolfenstein and it irritates me here. I'm a numbers guy, I need numbers dammit! :cry:

Especially since it's possible to quantify health percentage since it tells you the health percentage of your killer when you die. Is there a way to somehow display this information for yourself?

Comment

i said I DONT CARE OR NEED prone for sniping/camping. i need it to hide and not be seen.
                                Yes! What little I was able to play, due to lag, I would have killed for prone in a couple of instances. No pun intended, but I would lave lived a little longer with the option to hide.

Comment

Working...
                                X