Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Impressions

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
    my first impressions are that the lag is so bad i cant play. reaaly need this to be worked out. i joined a 15 ping server and i couldent walk up some stairs it was so bad. im kinda pissed
    Same here, I join really low ping servers and even with the update I can't move fluidly and when shooting I find that my target has move several yards/meters after I have started firing at them. In other words I am shooting into the air. I am running a 8800GTS 320, AMD Athlon 2.4GHZ CPU. Checked the specs and yeah I have enough.

Comment

oh parachute is space!!!!!

gotcha. i'm havin fun not worryin about my K/D ratio (stats reset on release).

it's great just explorin around gettin killed.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
        my first impressions are that the lag is so bad i cant play. reaaly need this to be worked out. i joined a 15 ping server and i couldent walk up some stairs it was so bad. im kinda pissed
        You have to take into account, that up until the client patch; you were being slotted into any available server, regardless of distance from it to you; the same you could be playing in an euro server, the same euros could be playing in american ones.
        Your personal ping might be low, but if half your team and opposing force is playing from the other side of the world, the server has to sync all of you at the slowest latency to even things out; so it's not only your connection, but their connections as well.
        Why do you think you usually kick the biggest latency player in the server? cos he lags everybody else.

Comment

My impressions....game is ok....FOV is awful, gives me a damn headache after a bit. Wide screen is cheating? Most people have LCDs now, i dont see how its cheating. How about people that use 3rd party chat programs so they can tell their buddies where im at after i killed them? Thats unfair too, why arent they forced to use the included VOIP program?

Also, bf2 was this way and BC2 is worse, why do russians have m24s? Russians should have and get RUSSIAN weapons. Hard to tell whose on what team cause all the guns sound the same. Kinda unorginal but id like to see each team have its own weapons and different unlocks aswell. BF2 shared unlocks which i thought was kinda lame but this game takes it a step futher.

Main thing....they have got to fix the FOV for the pc! Feels like tunnel vision big time.

Comment

Yeah, FOV seems to be a bit low and the large gun and its shaking annoys me. The UI could also be improved, on the server browser there's only current players and not max players, and ping doesn't show up on the scoreboard.

Is it just me or does my gunfire only come out of my left speaker?

Some of the controls feel a bit weird; not sure if that's just how it is, or my framerate or ping. Switching weapons and sighting in feels clunky compared to BF2/2142.

Comment

Played it 4 times so far, and love it. Laggy, but they're working on it, it's a beta.

Comment

A few times now Ive accidently hit space when parachuting in not a great result, plus the trees will remove your parachute if you dont move also bad.

I know theres this magic shield around the attackers spawn preventing people from going up there but it doesnt stop people from Sniping you in mid-air :|:

Does kinda suck that you can force your own team to loose an objective when you yourself can blow up the building, ( doing such a thing gets you yelled at by your own team and thanked by the other)

Comment

So far, I like the game. Played a couple of rounds last night with two buddies, winning team every time, top three every time

It seems a bit too easy to me to steal the opposition's tanks and assets. One round we weathered down a team from 60 tickets to 0 with only one objective left, simply because we managed to steal their MBT and light tank.

Chopper is FUBAR. Hitting a tank 10-15 times with missiles and only getting a "vehicle damaged" notice is insane. Just one missile would usually do the trick. Considering the fact that engineers can get that tank repaired faster than I can swoop around and take another shot at it, the chopper is nearly useless, unless you've got a squad down there killing all the engineers. (Good luck doing that while they're in a tank, ffs)

Weapons could use a bit more damage overall. Only being able to kill one enemy with one clip is a bit annoying. As soon as you run into a 2v1, you're dead by default, even if you play it smart and the other two guys are retards. Switching to pistol is an option, but the accuracy while on the move is a bit too low to really do any damage with it.

Map seems balanced between offense and defense.

Found game much more enjoyable on 16 players servers than on 32. Too much chaos and random explosions in confined spaces to really play tactically.

Hard to tell difference between enemies and teammates.

LIGHT BLOOM IS EVERYWHERE. I seriously had to turn my monitor down to 0 brightness and contrast before it would stop hurting my eyes at night. Here's a hint, DICE: Snow does not emit light. It reflects it. The snow should not be brighter than the sky.

I liked the positioning of the snowstorms/fog clouds. They seem to be placed so that it makes it harder to snipe out of your base when you're defending. Prevents huge stalemates where you can just kill everything that comes your way before they can see you.

I also like the aspect that bases are nearly untakeable fortresses when they are fresh, yet over the course of the match stuff gets blown up and eventually, the offense will be able to get through them.

About the FOV: told you so Partly due to tunnel vision, I found it more feasible to knife an entire squad than take them out using guns or grenades.

Comment

Originally posted by DarQraven
                    Chopper is FUBAR. Hitting a tank 10-15 times with missiles and only getting a "vehicle damaged" notice is insane. Just one missile would usually do the trick. Considering the fact that engineers can get that tank repaired faster than I can swoop around and take another shot at it, the chopper is nearly useless, unless you've got a squad down there killing all the engineers. (Good luck doing that while they're in a tank, ffs)
                    The choppers are very good at killing infantry, at least if you have a gunner. So maybe they have decided to tone down the vehicle damage to compensate, DICE likes the rock-paper-scissors approach.

Originally posted by DarQraven
                    LIGHT BLOOM IS EVERYWHERE. I seriously had to turn my monitor down to 0 brightness and contrast before it would stop hurting my eyes at night. Here's a hint, DICE: Snow does not emit light. It reflects it. The snow should not be brighter than the sky.
                    Go to \Documents\BFBC2Beta and edit settings.ini

Code:
                    [WindowSettings]
                    Width=1680
                    Height=1050
                    Fullscreen=true
                    RefreshRate=59.883251
                    VSync=false
                    [Sound]
                    Quality=medium
                    VoipEnable=true
                    [Graphics]