Which is the better PC publisher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which is the better PC publisher?

Compared to Activision EA for sure, or else none.

Comment

They both suck.

Comment

Originally posted by (SA)2|1Sgt.Spriggs
        FIGHT THE POWER! DOWN WITH THE INDUSTRIALIST PIGS!

Okay, seriously, I'd go with EA. Although they have F'ed over some gamers with the server thing, they still put out some good games.

BF2, BF2142, etc.. Nuff said.
        That was in the past. DICE have been in steady decline since EA took over.
        Current state is: Both suck so much that any difference between first and second place is irrelevant.

Comment

OF COURSE ITS EA!!! think about the sims, and about all those games made out of movies that nobody cares or likes

Comment

I'll say EA but not by far

Comment

i would have gone with neither, but recently EA has managed to keep me happy with BC2 and Vietnam also in addition to previous bf titles and MOH titles excluding airborne and modern warfare.

Comment

both are ****. That is all.

Comment

EA without doubt have the best reputation and support!

Comment

The previous videogame crash came from an overabundance of options (up to 5 consoles at the time, all of wich had similar characteristics/processing power) and overproduction of subpar titles (ET singlehandedly killed the industryin america)

We can't have another crash unless the next CoD fails miserably for two years straight; and even then, it will mostly mean the demise of activision. EA is stonger in many ways as it has the money to compete, and many more internally owned IPs that Activision DOESNT have.

Activision has killed so far: Skating games, rythm music games, is trying hard to kill adventure games and only has any real value in the MMO genre (WoW) RTS genre (SC2 arguably) and FPS genre (CoD, with no other IP in sight to save them if they ruin it)

Granted, all the other companies combined can barely "compete" but they are no slouches either; a lot of titles are selling in excess of 2 million copies; the fighting genre got a much needed shot in the arm when SFIV launched, but there are other franchises still going strong: Tekken, Virtua Fighter, various Wrestling games (owned by EA btw)

Activision can afford their attitude since they have the seemingly unlimited pockets provided by WoW and nothing else; believe it or not, there are a ton of good games out there that may not sell what CoD sells, but still turn out a profit.
                    Look at BC2; it didnt make billions, but it also didn't need to be shoved down the throats of everybody 24/7 like black ops did; and combined sales are near ten million units; nothing to dismiss; from what I see, BC2:V also did well BF3 can get second place and still be considered a success and be profitable.

Not everybody does Kotick accounting where if you sold 3 billion dollars you still lost money because you could have sold 8 and write it off as a loss of 5 billion and blame pirating and games for not buying your product like good sheep (Guitar Hero RIP)

Comment

both are about tied in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X