Will you pay for DLC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will you pay for DLC?

As long as they don't go over board I'll pay for DLC.

EDIT:I just bought The Island of Dr. Ned which is a DLC for Boarderlands. It came with a special note, can only be activated on 5 machines (comes with somekind of crappy DRM). I thought that the whole point of Steam was to avoid this kind of crap. I seriously hope this isn't the way Modern Warfare 2 is planning on heading.

Comment

Re: Will you pay for DLC?

Originally posted by stilla-killa
      The question though is if they do release new multilayer dlc will the people that have bought the dlc be able to use it in multilayer against people that have not bought the dlc?
      THIS.

By charging for these things, they automatically drive a wedge down the player base, or doom their add-on to limited distribution. The classic case of the "haves vs the have nots." It happened in BF2 and 2142. Note EA now gives away those same booster packs that used to cost $10 for free with the base product.

IWNet makes it even harder since we have these stupid "play lists." Do you integrate the DLC maps with existing play lists? So what, does it automatically boot anyone without the DLC back to lobby when a DLC map comes up in the rotation? Do you put the DLC maps in a separate play list? What game types then? In either of those scenarios the content has a very short shelf life as the people who did buy it end up going back to vanilla because they can't consistently find games.

Best scenario is they simply delay the release of free PC content a few weeks after the consoles.

I'm expecting the first DLC to happen around the release of BF:BC2.

Comment

Working...
      X