Will you pay for DLC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you pay for DLC?

Will you pay for DLC if offered by IW for the game?

Re: Will you pay for DLC?

I dont know. IW wasn't exactly known for their DLC in CoD:4. Treyarchs DLC had 4 maps, 3 regular and 1 zombie. That was pretty good. If they offered 3 regular maps and a few Spec-Ops, I probably would.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Nope. I already feel bad about spending the $60.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
        Nope. Already feel bad about spending the $60.
        :agree:
        I have spent enough money on IW's halfdone products

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          I dont know. IW wasn't exactly known for their DLC in CoD:4. Treyarchs DLC had 4 maps, 3 regular and 1 zombie. That was pretty good. If they offered 3 regular maps and a few Spec-Ops, I probably would.

Crunch
          Didn't IW say they already had one ready for the first month of MW2 relaese?

Comment

All the fanboys will, since IW has already made them their b!tches.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
              I've heard that the content was actually included in the game's release and that modders were able to unlock some of it, hence why IW locked down the console even more after it was released.

Comment

The question though is if they do release new multilayer dlc will the people that have bought the dlc be able to use it in multilayer against people that have not bought the dlc?

Comment

i bet half the naysayers will give in anyways, like the boycotters.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                    No, it was rumored that the content was on our PCs right now. 402 came out and said, "DLC is furthest from our minds. Right now we are focusing on finishing the game before we start on DLC." Or something like that.

Last posting I read was that DLC was slated for early spring. I can't see it being that far away, but maybe so.

The question though is if they do release new multilayer dlc will the people that have bought the dlc be able to use it in multilayer against people that have not bought the dlc?
                    No, I suspect it will work like Xbox and PS3 with Treyarch where if you do not have it, you get booted from the map. Unless that is what you meant by use it against non DLC purchasers.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

MW2 isn't good enough for paid DLC. Just my opinion though

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                        i bet half the naysayers will give in anyways, like the boycotters.
                        Funny thing is, most people who were upset - who, if you actually read the petition, stated that they wanted dedicated servers and weren't actually boycotting the game, except for a select few - are realizing that their doubts came to fruition and therefore no longer have a desire to further invest in the game.

Comment

Expect DLC in Spring 2010:

I knew I remembered reading about DLC coming in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
                            Funny thing is, most people who were upset - who, if you actually read the petition, stated that they wanted dedicated servers and weren't actually boycotting the game, except for a select few - are realizing that their doubts came to fruition and therefore no longer have a desire to further invest in the game.
                            Me being one of them.
                            I've not bought it, not played it on anyone's PC, downloaded it or bar this board had anything to do with it.

Friends went and bought saying how bloody amazing it is and all that, then I ask them for a game of Modern Warfare 1 and they suddenly seem to do so much better than they did before due to the little to no lag they are getting and I point this out time after time and still they refuse to listen.

I feel I am alone in boycotting Modern Warfare 2 but that'll have to do.
                            I won't relent as I'm just not interested in the game anymore.
                            I stay on these boards for news of the new CoD game from Treyarch instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Random
                              Me being one of them.
                              I've not bought it, not played it on anyone's PC, downloaded it or bar this board had anything to do with it.

Friends went and bought saying how bloody amazing it is and all that, then I ask them for a game of Modern Warfare 1 and they suddenly seem to do so much better than they did before due to the little to no lag they are getting and I point this out time after time and still they refuse to listen.

I feel I am alone in boycotting Modern Warfare 2 but that'll have to do.
                              I won't relent as I'm just not interested in the game anymore.
                              I stay on these boards for news of the new CoD game from Treyarch instead.
                              Same here, and I honestly never thought I would utter those words.

I have loved the Call of Duty series with a passion, especially with the release of Call of Duty 4 where I began competing, so naturally I had a love for the game. However, with the way that IW treated the PC community during the production of MW2, I can't see myself ever purchasing an IW-made title again.

I absolutely hated Call of Duty 3 (made by Treyarch) - I mean absolutely despised it. It just didn't feel right. The same went with World at War, it was fun, but it just lacked the proper "feel" - it was a good game, but it wasn't the Call of Duty I was used to playing. However, after seeing their amazing support for World at War, with the patching and content releases, I have slowly changed my view on the developer and can see myself becoming loyal to them over IW.

Comment

Working...
                              X