No announcement yet.

Game is being destroyed by cheaters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game is being destroyed by cheaters.

Originally posted by -Shifty-
    I think most of you don't realize what the little Total Gaming Networks isn't IW's priority and since you've maybe given them 500-1000$ give or take I think the bigger noobier console crowd is their primary concern - which, AFAIK can't have cheaters.

From what I've heard, consoles do have cheaters, but it requires them to mod their physical system - still, it's much less of a problem than it is on PC - just wanted to point that out.

The PC is 1/10th of IW's sales of MW2.

You forgot a few 0's
    In bold sir.

Comment

Alright, thanks Kodakk. I didn't know you could hack on consoles.

Comment

This game is overrun by hackers nowadays! I see them everyday!
        It is so easy to spot them too. If you haven't seen a hacker, you probably don't know what to look for. Mostly there are obvious wallhackers out there, at least those I encounter on the Euro servers. Maybe they think Wallhacking at least gives them some challenge than aimbotting.

The easiest way to spot them is to look in their killcam. If you have a guy who is following you with his gun when you are running behind a wall, and then waits when you appear around a corner, you most likely have a wallhacker! Easy as that. It looks exactly like on those promovideos for hacks on youtube...

Comment

Thats true, EXECPT, I have been called a wall hacker because I heard the footsteps in my ever so awesome headset and actually followed the sound.

But you are correct that people do that. I just like to point out that even the innocent are accused when there is a simple explaination.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            Thats true, EXECPT, I have been called a wall hacker because I heard the footsteps in my ever so awesome headset and actually followed the sound.

But you are correct that people do that. I just like to point out that even the innocent are accused when there is a simple explaination.

Crunch
            That only seems to go so far. I can hear someone on the other side of a wall and get a pretty good idea of where he is and which way he's going. What I can't do is pinpoint the EXACT location of someone walking through snow on the other side of a wall. So I might lie down and wait at the corner for a second, but real-time tracking through solid objects?
            When I'm using Ninja Pro (which cuts your footstep sounds to 25%) and someone tracks exactly where I am and starts shooting before I even clear the corner, I'm calling shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
              That only seems to go so far. I can hear someone on the other side of a wall and get a pretty good idea of where he is and which way he's going. What I can't do is pinpoint the EXACT location of someone walking through snow on the other side of a wall. So I might lie down and wait at the corner for a second, but real-time tracking through solid objects?
              When I'm using Ninja Pro (which cuts your footstep sounds to 25%) and someone tracks exactly where I am and starts shooting before I even clear the corner, I'm calling shenanigans.
              That is true also, but it doesnt change that I was called a hax0r for following someone "through" the wall. Granted, they were NOT using Ninja and they were against one wall, not three across the battlefield.

I'm not saying there are no hackers or it sounds crazy, because that is simply false. What I am saying is its easy to call hacker without thinking through the situation.

I was also called a hacker for running around with a sniper rifle and shooting people. Apparently the other player felt that it was impossible to do this without the aid of some cheating software.

Ive probably had about 10 or so games with hackers. Its hard to say for sure because i dont keep count. And I say hackers as in people using another program to aim or see through buildings, not those that prestiged to 10/70. So I guess I have been lucky to not run into too many.

Crunch

Comment

I'm not sure if I've been in games with hackers. I guess if I havent seen any then the matchmaking system works only in matching me up with other sh!t players, and not in ping like its supposed to

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  in my ever so awesome headset
                  what do you got? im gonna have some of these (with an amp of course to go with) before this weekend probably. These will be my all purpose headphones hopefully for a long time to come. (:

but honestly this whole thing about hackers ruining the game is a bunch of rubbish imo. Or....maybe stop playing ground war..idk..ive heard from some of the witch hunters that there were alot of hackers in ground war (rofl)

honestly the number of people that have accused myself of hacking well outweigh any amount of hackers ive seen playing this game,sometimes im not really sure what to conclude when reading a bunch of the hacker headlines. i mean i mainly just play regular tdm and a bit of snd for variety but the hackers have been pretty sparse.

Comment

I think maybe the game is so laggy that on the killcam it looks like an aimbot lol

Comment

LOL, 5tev0, that could be as well.

There are hackers on the game. No doubt about it. I think we are all 100% sure of that. I think people also see what they want to see. I dont doubt that all of us have been in a game with someone cheating. Everyone has to have been and from this post it seems to be so.

So, with that in mind, if all of us have had hacker experience in a game and the game is only two months old, that tells you that there may be a lot more shenanigans going on. The chance of you running into a hacker is about 100%.

The question though is this still ruininng the game? After the big ban a few weeks or month ago, it seems less.

And my headphones are the same company, but the PC series, I forget if its the 350 or what model, but they are great

Crunch

Comment

I agree I have had a few games with wall hackers and aimbots, I remember having a wallhacker like 3 days after the games release in australia lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X