Game is being destroyed by cheaters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game is being destroyed by cheaters.

Just as the title says, the game is being destroyed by cheats and hacks. EVERY game I have played today has had an aimbotter or wallhacker in it. Remember when IW said this:

Cheat / Hack Free Games: The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring, banning, and policing it. Modern Warfare 2 on PC allows us to control the quality of the game much more than ever before as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system to keep games clean of hackers and cheaters.

And how did that work out IW? NOT SO EFFING WEll. And they expect us to pay for DLC so we can keep playing with cheaters. The only way IW can fix this is to release dedicated servers and let us solve the problem they way we have been for decades. But they wont, Because they suck.

Re: Game is being destroyed by cheaters.

I have yet to have a game ruined by obvious cheaters.

Comment

Me either... :/

Comment

how would we tell either way?

i only felt there was blatant cheating going on once, when this guy headshotted like 20 guys in a row as a chopper gunner and then nuked us.

Comment

Then you two aren't playing enough. I've seen blatant cheating since the day I got the game. It's pretty sad, but look on the bright side. You can relish in the fact they will get a VAC ban, or get to practicing and kick their *** in-game.

I've been reading the COD forums here and notice an alarming trend of folks saying they haven't seen cheaters/hackers/aimbotting/etc.... It's happening in almost every match you go into. Granted, with some of these perks and kill streak packages, you can end a game with a hacker-like score. There are some truly dumb children out there thinking its a great way to spend their free time.

Comment

Im sorry but i honestly think many of you are just paranoid.

I know it happens im not denying it, but every game?....No.

Comment

I come across a bit of hackers, not ALOT but a few. One today was using a wall hack which was really annoying. But they aren't everywhere.

Comment

I've played for like a stupidly obsessive amount of time (probably past the 200h mark already) and I have come across 1 hacker, maybe it's an American thing, because I can't really agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                  I've played for like a stupidly obsessive amount of time (probably past the 200h mark already) and I have come across 1 hacker, maybe it's an American thing, because I can't really agree with you.
                  Yus, I have been playing excessively to!

It variers from time to time but your country has a higher population which means more players. Here in Aus I come across the same players every few days.
                  High player volume = Less chance of experiencing a hacker
                  Low player volume = Higher chance of experiencing a hacker

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                    Yus, I have been playing excessively to!

It variers from time to time but your country has a higher population which means more players. Here in Aus I come across the same players every few days.
                    High player volume = Less chance of experiencing a hacker
                    Low player volume = Higher chance of experiencing a hacker
                    Idk, Europe is pretty big and it probably has around the same amount of people playing as USA (think about it, England, France, Germany, Italy, Most of East Europe, Spain, Portugal etc). I pretty much come up against mainland Euro's all the time.

Comment

so far i seen zero hackers. besides rank hackers but they suck anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                        I have yet to have a game ruined by obvious cheaters.
                        OMG then you must not play...

i have been in numerous times where they outright TELL YOU they are running hacks

other sessions (i refuse to call them servers) where at round start there are 2 ac130's snipers in a corner killing everything with pistols and BOOM nuke hits within 5 minutes of play....

it so bad that i just shut the game off and go play somethng else (that is when i am not so peeved that i don't stop all together and go watch TV)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nso4eRL478I[/media]

Comment

This must be why I think I suck at this game. Every one that kills me numerous times MUST be a hacker right?

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Crrrazzzy
                            OMG then you must not play...

Not as much as I would like, but I have made it to 40 something so I think I should have encountered them if they were that rampant.

Now I know the hacks are out there, and there have been times where I thought that someone were a bit to good at guessing my postion. But I havent seen it done enough to ruin the game for the rest of the players. They dont stand out with 100 / 0 scores.

What gametypes are you seeing hackers in? Headquarters and domination doesnt seem bad, at least not in the EU

Comment

I don't think you guys understand the mindset of a cheater/hacker.

What they're doing, pretty much - is trolling you, and there really isn't much you can do about it, which sucks. But they don't do it so they can "rank up," or so they can be good at the game with some help, they do it to make you MAD. Then when you rage at them, they LAUGH.

So don't rage at them just... Leave if its pissing you off.

The only place where people hack to win and hide it is in competition, and what MW2 is, is NOT competition. So don't fuel the fire, just walk away...

Comment

Working...
                              X