Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Current Killstreak Setup?

We're playing the game to get kills.

One killstreak leads to another, all the while gaining kills, that add to my stats, therefore why wouldn't I use them? Getting the nuke is only satisfying when your playing TDM and the server is full, oh and if everyone on the other team is alive at the time the nuke goes off, giving you 9 more kills at the round end, otherwise it just ends the game abruptly and you don't get as many kills. Normally I get the nuke while I'm still in the chopper, so I get another 10+ kills before I can actually use the nuke. Most times when I get the nuke I end the game with 50+ kills...

I don't see what the fuss is about. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DarK'
      We're playing the game to get kills.

One killstreak leads to another, all the while gaining kills, that add to my stats, therefore why wouldn't I use them?

I don't see what the fuss is about. Lol.
      Its not that you shouldnt use them, but you shouldnt be getting more rewards for using the ingame aimbots. IMHO its a flaw in the game.
      And if everybody starts using these combos then the games will soon be nothing but death from above. And thats no fun for the majority of the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
        Its not that you shouldnt use them, but you shouldnt be getting more rewards for using the ingame aimbots. IMHO its a flaw in the game.
        And if everybody starts using these combos then the games will soon be nothing but death from above. And thats no fun for the majority of the players.
        That's why killstreaks are a stupid idea to begin with - why reward the good players with good, automatic killing machines? The concept is just completely backwards.

My friends and I have ended games in under 3 minutes because of the rewards, and honestly it's just stupid after a while.

Comment

Oh trust me, I hate killstreaks, but in public play, which is mostly all of what you can do in MW2, I'll use what the game has given me.

Comment

play for funzies?

Comment

Originally posted by Piemaaan'
              play for funzies?
              And if winning is fun? To be honest, the kill streaks would be more balanced if they were achieved at much higher kill counts, and the killed obtained through the reward didn't add onto your overall streak. It really is not that hard to get 7 kills, and once you hit 7 you're basically guaranteed a nuke if you're not stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
                And if winning is fun? To be honest, the kill streaks would be more balanced if they were achieved at much higher kill counts, and the killed obtained through the reward didn't add onto your overall streak. It really is not that hard to get 7 kills, and once you hit 7 you're basically guaranteed a nuke if you're not stupid.
                I must suck then b/c I can't even get 7 kills in a row lol.

Comment

yea the whole idea of killstreaks never made sense to me. give the best players the ability to exponentially increase their kills and go on a bigger streak? i suppose some of the killstreaks like UAV and counter UAV are okay because they don't instantly add more kills but all the air support has gotten out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    but all the air support has gotten out of hand.
                    But that isn't a problem if you know how to have an Anti-Killstreak kit ready at all times just incase. Just need this for the perfect air support killer:

Stinger
                    Scavenger
                    Cold-Blooded
                    Ninja (to avoid enemies when trying to use Stingers)

Comment

Play domination, then you can use all the "killing" kill-streaks you want and the match still goes on. I understand what you guys are saying about the kills over the nuke, but isn't it just amazing watching everyone go Boom?
                      I play for a good K/D ratio, right now I am very happy with it. I guess if I wanted to I could change to a more killing kill streak set up (I probably will to get to the next level of prestige) , I shall give this a go and get back to you guys.

EDIT: You are right Kodakk, and as I have said before, as long as you position your harrier correctly you are almost guaranteed a nuke.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                        EDIT: You are right Kodakk, and as I have said before, as long as you position your harrier correctly you are almost guaranteed a nuke.
                        i've shot down a bunch of hovering harriers before they were even able to get a single kill. they are fragile as paper planes.

Comment

i've shot down a bunch of hovering harriers before they were even able to get a single kill. they are fragile as paper planes.
                          Not if the harrier strike can take out a few people, that is what the goal is. As many with the strike and then anymore kills is seen as a bonus.

Comment

i dunno, it's much harder to get multikills with airstrikes than MW1 because people are quick to get inside buildings and there aren't very large open combat areas like we had in MW1. cover is much easier to find in MW2.

Comment

i dunno, it's much harder to get multikills with airstrikes than MW1 because people are quick to get inside buildings and there aren't very large open combat areas like we had in MW1. cover is much easier to find in MW2.
                              So you need to have luck on your side along with common sense. I have got a few air strikes with 2-3 peeps, one time I got 4 which gave me my chopper gunner straight up then nuke.
                              That is basically what it comes down to: Luck, enemy team not having a active "rocketer" and location.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                                So you need to have luck on your side along with common sense. I have got a few air strikes with 2-3 peeps, one time I got 4 which gave me my chopper gunner straight up then nuke.
                                That is basically what it comes down to: Luck, enemy team not having a active "rocketer" and location.
                                exactly. that's why i found this statement absurd:
                                It really is not that hard to get 7 kills, and once you hit 7 you're basically guaranteed a nuke if you're not stupid.
                                maybe it works that way for him everytime, but he's pretty much saying everyone who gets to 7 kill streak and doesn't end up with 25 off it are stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X