secondary weapons and mobility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• secondary weapons and mobility

do secondary weapons affect mobility at all? if i am carrying a javelin, am i moving slower than if i'm carrying a pistol? because it should, shouldn't it?

Re: secondary weapons and mobility

If you carry a heavy main weapon (riot shield, javelin etc).
    Switching to your secondary will not make you faster as you are still carrying it.

Comment

javelin is a secondary weapon. lets say i'm carrying a m16 as primary. am i moving faster if i have a pistol as a secondary weapon than if i am carrying one of the rocket launchers?

Comment

Yes. The pistol weighs less.

Comment

A bit off topic, but I have learned the hard way that some secondary weapons like the stinger are effectively huge flagpoles when you are crouching.
          So remember that next time you think you are hiding behind a desk

Comment

Although this doesn't mean much to this specific question:

I have found that, when you use the Riot Shield you move slower, secondary weapon out or not.

But if you pick up a riot shield, your speed is not decreased in anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              A bit off topic, but I have learned the hard way that some secondary weapons like the stinger are effectively huge flagpoles when you are crouching.
              So remember that next time you think you are hiding behind a desk
              That's held true in COD4 too, if you are equipped with a RPG, you stick out fairly well.

Comment

Yeah, they aren't the best for "hiding behind enemy lines".

Comment

I use the javelin and it does not slow me down unless I have it selected.

I think its more of a bulky weight you are handling vs. center of gravity when its on your back. Not sure on that though.

As for the riot shield, it seems to be the same. If you have it selected, you are slower, if its on your back, you are faster.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I think if you select a pistol, machine pistol, or shotgun, you move at the same speed as your primary weapon would allow. And if you select a launcher, I think you move slower than your primary weapon's speed.

Comment

so when i have my m16 out, regardless of whether i have a pistol or rocket launcher, i move the same speed?

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        I use the javelin and it does not slow me down unless I have it selected.

I think its more of a bulky weight you are handling vs. center of gravity when its on your back. Not sure on that though.

As for the riot shield, it seems to be the same. If you have it selected, you are slower, if its on your back, you are faster.

Crunch
                        I don't find that, when it is on your back you run no faster then when you have it equipped, it makes sense as you are still holding it.

Comment

K I just tested all this.

It seems you move as fast as your Primary, and that is it. So even if you are lumping around a Javelin, even with it out to use, you will move at the speed of holding your SMG/whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                            K I just tested all this.

It seems you move as fast as your Primary, and that is it. So even if you are lumping around a Javelin, even with it out to use, you will move at the speed of holding your SMG/whatever.
                            Each kit then must have its own "weight" division.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                              Each kit then must have its own "weight" division.
                              Indeed, the only thing I can think that would break this division style of weight, would be if you were to pick up a secondary weapon (swap from primary), but I can't be bothered to test that.

Comment

Working...
                              X