Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142. How arth thee?

So, I saw BF2142 going for £10 and thought "Hmmmm..."

I played the closed/open beta and of course the Demo and saw it get better and better (by that a mean from a snow mod of BF2 to something resembling its own game).

But even by the demo it really wasn't for me. But for Christmas 2007 (I think) I had a month of 2142 for free (:yay and after downloading a few patches it seemed a lot better. It wasn't as laggy and the weapons seemed to fire harder peas than before.

So my question to you my lovely 2142 people is... How is it now after even more time? I'm talking balance, damage and gameplay.

Re: BF2142. How arth thee?

it's one of the most balanced games around. Well worth playing and a new patch should be out sometime soon. I have around 1300 hours and still have fun everytime i play. Been playing a lot of Northern Strike as of late.

Comment

I just started playing Bf2 again and I'm not far from installing 2142 as well. If you like it a bit futuristic, this game is perfect for you, I really loved it.

Comment

its the most balanced BF game. but the community is pretty small compared to BF2. still a fun game, if you can look past the attachment to BF2 modern war setting.

Comment

Slower paced than BF2, most definitely. But much more balanced overall, there's really no weapon that's as powerful as the G36E in BF2. People will whine about the Voss but it's really not that bad, just 10 too many bullets.

Map design is great and just as good as in BF2. Air vehicles are nerfed in comparison but are by no means useless. AA can be really deadly so look out. Titan mode is fun as a change from the masses of infantry only servers.

You could still consider it a mod of BF2, it practically is a reskin with few real innovations, but that doesn't stop it from being an absolutely fantastic game.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I might get it, although I do prefer games with more... lethal weapons, but as long as you don't have to put half a mag into someone I'll live with it.

Comment

there is 1 very obvious unbalanced weapon: PK rockets. other than that, it's pretty balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                there is 1 very obvious unbalanced weapon: PK rockets. other than that, it's pretty balanced.
                Not so much in vehicle maps, but yeah I'd have to agree on that...

Comment

yea but most of the maps running are infantry maps these days. and PK rockets are the future version of the noob tube, except you get multiple magazines each with upto 4 rockets. insanely overpowered for sure.

Comment

I was wondering what PK was, is that the quad barrelled Anti-Tank thing I vaguely remember? I can see that being a nightmare for infantry.

Comment

no this is an attachment to assault rifle. just like the grenade launcher/shotgun attachments you see on modern assault rifles in MW and BF2.

Comment

And with the next patch you get northern strike for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                          Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I might get it, although I do prefer games with more... lethal weapons, but as long as you don't have to put half a mag into someone I'll live with it.
                          That's more due to hitreg than weapon damage. The hitreg in this game is pretty much the same as that of BF2, so if you have bad reg there you probably will here, too. But the weapons are lethal enough when the server decides to actually register the hit.

Comment

no way, 2142's hitreg is 100x better than bf2. c'mon now.:shakehead:

Comment

I agree. I feel like hit reg is better in 2142. I move to BF2 and I feel like I'm just shooting into the air. It's nearly impossible to hit a moving target in that game unless you know exactly where the hit box is biased.

Comment

Working...
                              X