Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that you've finished SinglePlayer...*SPOILERS*

What did you think of the storyline?

I absolutely loved it. I had no idea Price would be making a return (which was a major shock), that Shephard would end of betraying Ghost and Roach, and that Makarov ended up assisting in his elimination. What's more is that the ending leaves for even more possibilities for a sequel.

The "No Russian" mission left a bad taste in my mouth, and left me wanting to continue playing. The last few missions also gave me the same impact, knowing that Shephard would go through hundreds of his own units just to see the death of Price and Soap.

I'm definitely playing through once more not just for the achievements and intel, but also to experience the story once more to see if I've missed anything.

Re: Now that you've finished SinglePlayer...*SPOILERS*

I loved it, when I saw Price, my jaw hit the floor in aweosmness, YAYAYAYAY! I was screaming XD.
    I found it annoying though with the American "Black hawk down" event went over 3 times. By the second I thought i hit a glitch.
    And with Roach dying it was sort of expected, though I was thinking the American would be knocked off. I favorite part of the game was sneaking through the desert with Price when you are soap, even the title "just like old times" made me go "WOW".
    And passing through the battlefield when you are on your own...Amazing.

Comment

I didn't like how many questions the story left unanswered and how poorly it explained things.

How did price end up in that prison?
      Why did we just forget about makarov?

They could of done such a better job telling the player why Shephard was turning on them, all we got was "because i wana be a hero".

Its almost like they were looking ahead to the 3rd MW game they just sorta threw a bunch of stuff together and called it a story.

Imo COD4 has a much better story from start to finish.

Comment

I know what you mean, but some questions don't need to be answered.
        I would much prefer they explain it later then a whole bunch of text/speech being shoved down my throat.
        Alot of games like to lead directly onto a next game.
        I mean with the 4th cod they had to end it because they weren't sure on its success, and if the sales are anything to go by, we will see a MW3.

Comment

You guys played the Museum level after you finished the game, right?

Comment

Whoa. I just noticed the Museum level. Cheers Zips.

Comment

I knew something nuts would happen if I pushed the button... I just wasn't expecting THAT to happen. Pretty easy to "beat" that level once you know wtf is going on though.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                I didn't like how many questions the story left unanswered and how poorly it explained things.

They could of done such a better job telling the player why Shephard was turning on them, all we got was "because i wana be a hero".

Its almost like they were looking ahead to the 3rd MW game they just sorta threw a bunch of stuff together and called it a story.

I think those points are left ot be explained in a third part of the MW franchise like Metal gear Sold for instances as you keep playing from 1 through to 4 you will get the answers you need imho.

Edit: i did not like the Museum part very much i indeed loved the Epilogue mission of CoD4 and still think they should have done something like that in MW2.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                  I knew something nuts would happen if I pushed the button... I just wasn't expecting THAT to happen. Pretty easy to "beat" that level once you know wtf is going on though.
                  I was very "dissapointed" with IW for that, the easiest level, i couldn't believe it.
                  I was expecting a soldiers to come around the corners.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx

You all should know that there willl be an MW3. A few years ago before COD4 was released Activision talked about the timeline and number of CoD games they wanted released.

The imprisonment and Makarov on the loose is the foundation for the third one. Price is going to have a score to settle with Makarov and a story to tell on top of it.

Also, in another topic someone asked why Shepard switched sides? He didn't, he was out for revenge. He was the commanding General in CoD4 when the Nuke went off and killed his men. The world didnt do anything about it, so he was going to take care of it himself.

The only thing that bugs me about that is he didn't have to kill the other guys to accomplish that goal, unless he thought Price and the crew would be able to stop him, which after the blank check given to him, I dont see that happening.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Personally I think the story sucked.
                      It was like someone had taken a bad Tom Clancy ripp-off and removed all the even numbered chapters.

*The death of the player character has been turned from a huge surprise to something that happens regularly.
                      *The much discussed terrorist sequence was pointless, it could just as well have been a cut-scene.
                      *The whole "invasion" thing just leaves you wondering how the h*** that is supposed to happen? Did the russians just airdrop 20 armored divisions?
                      *The rightmouse-to-not-drop-to-your-death or ctl-to-avoid-mine really annoys me.
                      *The high-speed vehicles scenes dont belong in a FPs. it is like the are trying to change it from an FPS to an adventure game.
                      *To many times where you just run the gauntlet, instead of the more tactical approach.
                      *Whenever they use large amount of smoke, the FPS drops 50 to 80 percent.
                      *Scenes where smoke are other stuff causes you to stumnbe around blindly, untill you either get lucky or lost.
                      *A few times the game suddenly starts to lag, even thoug my FPS (in fraps) remains high.

Now some of the levels were ok, but there was nothing that compares to the better parts of COD4. e.g. the assault on the ship.

I really, really wonder how the games manage to get so high review scores. It may look good, but it is not in the same league as COD4.

Good thing I didnt buy the game for the SP part, because I would have felt cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                        Personally I think the story sucked.
                        It was like someone had taken a bad Tom Clancy ripp-off and removed all the even numbered chapters.

*The death of the player character has been turned from a huge surprise to something that happens regularly.
                        Yeah, It is becoming fairly predictable with them. I mean not so much who dies, but knowing someone will. With cod 4 and the American dying in his final scene was "wow". Roach dieing in this was "Sad, but i kind of expected it".

Comment

i'm not good at following the storyline, from both MW1 and 2. i didn't know who shepard was and that his men died in nuke attack previously. he was in MW1? i didn't even remember him. i think it's ridiculous though that he goes around killing people on the same side. how is that going to help anything?

oh and makarov, i knew they were saving his a$$ for MW3. everything went by too fast i think to really take in the story. plus i didn't really remember anything from MW1 so things were incoherent for me.

and fighting on US soil was kinda stupid. i mean how the heck did they bring over so many troops to US that they were pwning america in n. virginia/DC of all places?

Comment

Yeh, I didn't get the whole "invasion of the US" part.

And wtf is up with that museum? I still don't get its point...

And the story was too confusing and too short: ~5hrs gameplay tops.

Comment

press the button on the desk @ the museum.

Comment

Working...
                              X