Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They said the game would be hack free, didn't they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They said the game would be hack free, didn't they?

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
    May be a stupid question but can you hack on consoles?
    Both the Xbox360 and PS3 have HD's to store those hacks

Comment

The video is back up on break: http://www.break.com/game-trailers/g...lay-video.html

Comment

That video is not for those with weak digestion like mine :shakehead:

The lack of dedicated servers prevents me from spending on the game

Comment

I wonder if IW will respond to this. Should be fun stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat
            Both the Xbox360 and PS3 have HD's to store those hacks
            Xbox is easy peasy to hack once you got a modded chip, PS3 is a lot trickier because of Blu-ray etc so I'm not sure if it's actually possible yet.

Comment

Well i have been playing on my xbox and i dont know if its the stupid amount of radars in this game but alot of players seem to be waiting at the wall and shoot just before you pop around it.

Its hard to call who is hacking in this game because you have heartbeat sensors, radar etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKirk
                VAC uses a delayed ban system anyways, so even if it works perfectly, they are still going to get to play fora while before their account gets nuked.

The only reason that TF2 doesn't have more hacks is the incredibly dedicated server admins and tight night communities that put the eye on new players.
                I think some of you missed this, so here is a bit more about delayed ban

If a cheat is found the player's Steam account will be flagged as cheating immediately, but the player will not receive any indication of the detection. It is only after a delay of "days or even weeks"[4] that the account is permanently banned from "VAC Secure" servers[5] for that game, along with other games that use the same engine. (e.g. Valve's Source games, GoldSrc games, Unreal engine games).
                It may suck now, but hopefully the loser-ocide will happen soon
                Personally I havent encountered any cheaters yet, but I have only played for a short while

Comment

There is no such thing as hack free, not now not 30 years from now why don't people get it? It's just lies and marketing.

Even if the game was coded with alien code there will be someone that knows alien code enough to create hacks for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                    There is no such thing as hack free, not now not 30 years from now why don't people get it? It's just lies and marketing.

Even if the game was coded with alien code there will be someone that knows alien code enough to create hacks for the game.
                    True.

However, if this game had dedicated servers then admins would be able to take action and kick/ban the obvious ones.

Furthermore, if we still had PB then we could use PB screenshots and other methods (public ban lists) to further reduce their numbers.

Last, if we had the ability to record, you could easily review footage and find people doing things like following people through walls with no explanation.

IW/Activition decided we didn't need any of these tools so now you get lagtastic gameplay with cheaters and you'll never know if someone killed you b/c of their skill, their 0ms ping advantage or a hack. This game is definitely not worth it on the PC.

Comment

Don't worry! Activision and IW have fixed the problem once again by removing the video on an illegitimate copyright claim!

No need to worry anyway, like IW said... They intend to ban them all, every one of the hundreds of thousands of people cheating.

/sarcasm

Also FPS[VT_NERD], they don't know anything about these. They are clueless pure console gaming fan boys that changed something they knew nothing about to be "better" in their perverted opinion.

Comment

In a month or two this game will be full of hacks. Is it even worth it?

Comment

Working...
                        X