Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prone

Originally posted by Kyle
    If you guys ever got off your computers and tried playing BC1 for a few moments you would know that the game works perfectly fine with no prone. After five minutes you don't even realize it.

The only thing I have a beef with about that is the LMGs and snipers you have to shoot standing up, which is pretty meh.
    I have BC1 and 1943 as well. Yes the game works with no prone but is it better? No prone affects the game in many different ways. Would you say the game would be worse with prone? Or that it is better without it?

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
      over ripping the battlefield name a bit these days me thinks,damn you consoles
      because Bad Company line of BF has always been a console arcadish COD-like game. it was never meant to uphold the traditional BF ways of PC. in fact, this game is more or less a console game that they decided to give PC a taste of this time around. it's foolish to expect this game to have all the elements of PC BF game. in some ways, one could say this game is more like COD:MW than PC BF games. just having tanks and gunships doesn't make it a true PC BF experience we are accustomed to.

Comment

How hard do you think it would be to maybe make an option for when you host a listen or dedicated server that you can either choose to have or to not have prone *hint towards what they did for no vehicles for bf2*

Comment

they don't want to put it in at all, that's the point. not only do they want a fast paced game, with the extreme view distances, the sniper proned is going to be too overpowered. it's something that doesn't fit with how the game has been made. do you wanna be sniped by some proned guy hiding in bushes from a mile away?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            they don't want to put it in at all, that's the point. not only do they want a fast paced game, with the extreme view distances, the sniper proned is going to be too overpowered. it's something that doesn't fit with how the game has been made. do you wanna be sniped by some proned guy hiding in bushes from a mile away?
            **** yeah i do then i want to be able to grab a sniper rifle and then be able to snipe that B@-tard from a mile away. Then if he tries it again I'm just going to use a tank or attack chopper against him and light him up. there's always ways to deal with campers.

Comment

either way we can't make a judgment on this issue without having played the game. that's why i'll give dice the benefit of the doubt on this.

we're only used to BF games on PC that had limited view distance and fog of war. but you've been in games where hackers have come in with their no fog hack and started killing everyone from the other side of the map, haven't you? it's not that fun.

Comment

either way we can't make a judgment on this issue without having played the game. that's why i'll give dice the benefit of the doubt on this.

we're only used to BF games on PC that had limited view distance and fog of war. but you've been in games where hackers have come in with their no fog hack and started killing everyone from the other side of the map, haven't you? it's not that fun.
                Ya your right about giving them the benefit of the doubt on this. Though still prone would be a nice option to consider for pc, regardless of how successful the first bc was with out prone, on a console.....

Also ya its no fun when you get killed by a hacker who has an advantage but now the field has been leveled a bit to where you can see a bit further and that advantage has been mostly taken away.

Comment

actually i never liked fog of war and only bf2 has had that really!real sniper guns should be able to shoot 1 km-1 mile away but not in the prone position

the real reson for no prone is because the DPI is so S%it in consoles that you cant see a prone sniper on the screen,again a full port gamewhy even release it on PC!

Comment

In addition to no prone they see killcam "as a good fit for BC2" http://twitter.com/Demize99/status/5375919722

Comment

they're looking to fix them, but no promises. perhaps it can be a server side toggle as far as kill cam is concerned.

Comment

because Bad Company line of BF has always been a console arcadish COD-like game. it was never meant to uphold the traditional BF ways of PC. in fact, this game is more or less a console game that they decided to give PC a taste of this time around. it's foolish to expect this game to have all the elements of PC BF game. in some ways, one could say this game is more like COD:MW than PC BF games. just having tanks and gunships doesn't make it a true PC BF experience we are accustomed to.
                        Yeah i guess you are right. Its a case of expecting more from a game that was never meant to be the full BF experience. I still believe a full BF game could be made for consoles tho.

I still dont buy the sniper prone excuse on consoles as MAG works with snipers being able to prone on big maps and not making the sniper class overpowered. Perhaps putting more emphasis on teamwork by giving more points for teamwork related actions than just kills alone would help deter loads of people sniping all the time.

I guess the question now is that IF DICE decide to release BF3 on consoles will this mean the full BF experience or not?

Comment

You know, I have to say it; Modern Warfare 2 has prone on all platforms

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                            If you guys ever got off your computers and tried playing BC1 for a few moments you would know that the game works perfectly fine with no prone. After five minutes you don't even realize it.

The only thing I have a beef with about that is the LMGs and snipers you have to shoot standing up, which is pretty meh.
                            The number of times I've wished I had prone in BC1 is remarkable D: You stick out like a sore thumb when the buildings lose their walls.

Comment

Working...
                            X