Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommendations for BF3 developers

another note:
    i think actually having one set for graphics would be better..
    less code and better over all mp experience, this is why.

i think everyone should use a high setting, since this is for league and hardcore gamers,
    lets face it battlefield heroes was to get the kids playing battlefield on there own game so they dont raid battlefield 3 and so on.
    battlefield 3 was built for the leet and the leet minded ..

so lets not give the community of players the option to have lower graphics,

as it is now a low spec player can always over come a highspec player.
    the best bf2 player to date used a 800x600 res with lowest graphics they could use..because they could kill the next player easier

that has always been the case,

even in other game crysis etc etc,

myself, i have to run on low graphics, to compete with people using low settings because they can see me through debris easier,
    they can see me through smoke and fog at a shorter distances,

so all my expensive hardware is now crap, because the kid with low graphics settings, can kill me because i want a better visual appearance of my game..sucks!!! fix it ..

i see some of you don't agree with what i announced for guns.

ok let me make it easy for everyone then.

give us at least 8 guns,
    per kit,
    per army,
    we deserve more.
    we want more.

class 1
    8 different hand guns with optional high cap magazines and optional silencers.
    for the spec ops kit

8 different guns with optional high cap magazines and optional silencers.
    for the spec ops kit.

class2
    for the assault kit.

8 different assault rifles with optional high cap magazines and optional silencers.
    for the assault kit.

class3
    for the medic kit.

8 different assault rifles with optional high cap magazines and optional silencers.
    for the medic kit.

class4
    for the anti tank kit.

for the anti tank kit.

class 5
    for the engineer kit.

for the engineer kit.

class 6
    for the sniper kit.

8 different sniper rifles with optional high cap magazines and optional silencers.
    for the sniper kit.

class7
    for the support kit.

8 different support rifles with optional high cap magazines and optional silencers.
    for the support kit.

give us 7 classes

that makes 112 diffrent handguns and rifles machine guns per the american side..

now give us entirely diffrent weapons per the chineese side
    that makes 112 diffrent handguns and rifles machine guns per the chineese

and so on per army

give us the unlocks and choices we deserve..
    give us a battlefield to remember after all this is going to be it probably for 5 or 8 years till battlefield 4 comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by theminx
      another note:
      i think actually having one set for graphics would be better..
      less code and better over all mp experience, this is why.

i think everyone should use a high setting, since this is for league and hardcore gamers,
      lets face it battlefield heroes was to get the kids playing battlefield on there own game so they dont raid battlefield 3 and so on.
      battlefield 3 was built for the leet and the leet minded ..

so lets not give the community of players the option to have lower graphics,

as it is now a low spec player can always over come a highspec player.
      the best bf2 player to date used a 800x600 res with lowest graphics they could use..because they could kill the next player easier

that has always been the case,

even in other game crysis etc etc,

myself, i have to run on low graphics, to compete with people using low settings because they can see me through debris easier,
      they can see me through smoke and fog at a shorter distances,

so all my expensive hardware is now crap, because the kid with low graphics settings, can kill me because i want a better visual appearance of my game..sucks!!! fix it ..

i see some of you don't agree with what i announced for guns.
      I dont like your idea on making no-graphics limit (Ill be flamed for this as usual). Its kinda discriminatory to those who can't atm afford good systems, and, as I would expect, BF3 would be graphically demanding. While I may upgrade when Battlefield 3 comes out limiting graphics may, In turn, limit players. A graphics limit isn't a good fix for the advantage. And hey, why the hate for kids, huh? Yes they/we (i am 15, not sure if i come under your category of "kid") may be annoyingly inexperienced but thats no reason to be discriminatory about it. Games should be about fun for Everyone playing, not discrimination.

Comment

Still +1 for teh ub3r l0w gr4ph1cs.

Tbh I got 30 FPS whilst playing Crysis on all Low if I was lucky. BF3 is probably going to be the same but the option to tone it down even more would be good.

Comment

Give the player smoother infantry movements, let the player do combat slides/dives when sprinting like in AA3. Also allow a tiny bit of side to side movement while sprinting.

Forced high graphics? Go play a console if you want everyone to have the same graphics.

Why are your weapon suggestions all the same thing for each class, 8 guns and sidearms with silencers/bigger magazines. 8 guns per kit per army is simply ridiculous. Do you know how much work would be needed to model, texture, add sounds, and balance 224 weapons (assuming 2 armies)? I'd rather have a lower amount of more unique guns than what you describe.

Comment

I really want DICE to focus on each platform and develop the game thinking about what makes just that platform so good.

What makes PC superior to consoles? (personal opinion mind you)

Customisation, scale, game modifications and versatility.

If DICE developes the game after this I think it could be a hit.

Comment

well opinions vary

and clearly mine is different then yours, and that's fine I'm glad I'm not like you..
              that's what makes me so special, because I'm different, and i feel something should be done differently.

YES I SAID IT!!
              this has nothing to do with consoles...
              i don't own a console and i wont buy one ever!
              this makes since .
              1 graphics setting HIGH
              with an adjustable resolution would be best
              u can play battlefield 2, 2142 on high
              with a 9600gt
              8800 gts and even lower
              the ati x700 pro i had, did battlefield 2 and 2142 on high,
              with a old p.o.s amd setup, 1 gig of ram and amd3000+ processor
              1.4 or something ghz

now u can find all those cheepy pars in the bargain bin at frys around 20 bucks, don't try to play me you wont win.
              don't try to down play my statement because u say your hardware cant support it B.S.
              and no im not taking anything back i said
              i stand by my post
              other games that came out 10 years ago can do that many weapons
              SO CAN BATTLEFIELD!!!

Comment

I'm not against a huge variety of weapons, but they run the risk of becoming to similar, especially if you count silencers/add-ons as separate weapon. Diversity in weapons is great, but there's a point where they stop being so different.

If you really think only one setting is the right way to go, that's your opinion. But is DICE really going to risk doing that?

Comment

We all want a massive and amazing BF3, but having more than around 50 weapons does more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by theminx
                    =
                    don't try to down play my statement because u say your hardware cant support it B.S.
                    and no im not taking anything back i said
                    i stand by my post
                    other games that came out 10 years ago can do that many weapons
                    SO CAN BATTLEFIELD!!!
                    The 8800 and 9600 came out YEARS after BF2. That's such a pathetic argument. To run BF2 on high when it came out, you would have need a nVidia 6800 or an ATi X800 to run BF2 on high. Those cards were still worth a good $300 minimum back then. An x700 and 1gig of ram was a high end system. Most people were running 512mb back in 2005.

When BF2 came out, my PC could only play it on medium settings. Same with a lot of other people I know. The fact is that no matter what the game, no matter when it's released, running the game on high will always require a high end computer from the period that the game is released in. Sure, 5 years after it's released the hardware to run it on high will be cheap, but that's not the case for release date. It's such a stupid argument.

Furthermore, DICE would never even consider implementing your idea. Ever. They'd be halving their target market from jump street if you needed a high end system to play the game.

Sorry to flame you, but it's such a ridiculous idea.

Comment

don't enforce high settings on the engine, its a stupid idea not only from a business standpoint, because less people would buy it but also you are penalising fans who might not have capable hardware

a much better solution on the subject of low quality advantages is to simply have enforced rules or settings that prohibit it, e.g. smoke might degrade in visual quality on low settings but you still can't see it, in CSS for example there are multiple CVARs that might give a player an advantage but these are all blocked by things such as Zblock or server configs

but I agree on the too many weapons is a bad thing, I think there needs to be more variety but not too much, otherwise like you said some weapons will just feel like clones

Comment

Make infantry combat better. Copy IW if you have to.

Comment

By limiting graphics, you cut your potential market by about 80% lol. Silly idea...

Comment

I think it should have good looking graphics.

Yes, maybe you'll have to upgrade, its called pushing technology. Don't want to get stuck with cod4 graphics for another 10 years.

Comment

Properly implement naval warfare again like in 1942

Day/Night cycles please

Have large maps but Use less cap flags on the maps - no use having 80 people on server if just all having a dozen skirmishes all over the place, this was bf2 major failing. I want to see as many of those 80 people on screen at a time battling. Keep the cap flags low and the battles will be big and impressive.

Keep the class system and add more classes.Im sure you can think of some - scout, team leaders,combat divers etc.

Get rid of any commander artillery its way too annoying.

Get rid of commander UAV. Good concealment and fieldcraft should be rewarded, not exposed by a toy plane.

Get rid of the name tag above the enemies head. Its too helpful a spotting aid.

No one man tanks - one person drives and another fires the cannon. Same for aircraft. If i am to get torn apart by vehicles i want to know it was the result of good teamplay.

Some kind of small bonus(e.g. health or firepower) for squad members staying together in the same proximity as each other. Would help reduce dysfunctional squads where all members are in different map areas.

Changeable weather.

Comment

I love the idea of weather/time cycles. It would give each round a different feel. I can imagine a sunset raining game would add a different dimension to a map over a sunny morning round.

Comment

Working...
                                X