• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommendations for BF3 developers

return the NAVY

Comment

@minx
      Playing with lower image quality doesn't improve your skill against players with higher spec PCs, its sole purpose is to maintain a stable experience. I'd prefer if BF3 weren't saturated with cloned weapons. I'd prefer fewer weapons (but not less than BF2), each having a designated purpose and providing a specific experience.

Day/night phase are interesting. Night durations could be kept to a short period, something like, 20 minutes of day and 10 minutes night. Or it could be entirely server configurable. The light level and direction should be constant throughout each phase, to keep shadow calculation to a minimum. When the transition between day/night occurs it should be a quick sunset and moon rise. The night phase not being complete darkness, a lunar glow should provide enough light for navigation and combat, but to see through the lunar shadows from/in buildings and props night/heat vision would be required? Flashlight attachments to weapons?

Of course we have to remember that Battlefield is an action title and not a really in-depth technical simulator like ARMA. So accessability and gameplay pacing are paramount. With this in mind it's important that SOME vehicles, like the tank, aren't split into driver, gunner and commander. Others like the attack chopper makes more sense as multi-crewed. So that each players purpose isn't mundane.

Edit: The OP's stamina based loadout could be interesting

Comment

I definitely would like to see more balanced and teamwork orientated game play like BF2142. I would also like to see bigger maps supporting more players (48v48), limited ammo and med packs (ammo caches instead) and less grenades.

Comment

Originally posted by JayZ

Day/night phase are interesting. Night durations could be kept to a short period, something like, 20 minutes of day and 10 minutes night. Or it could be entirely server configurable. The light level and direction should be constant throughout each phase, to keep shadow calculation to a minimum. When the transition between day/night occurs it should be a quick sunset and moon rise. The night phase not being complete darkness, a lunar glow should provide enough light for navigation and combat, but to see through the lunar shadows from/in buildings and props night/heat vision would be required? Flashlight attachments to weapons?
          I was thinking that the map lighting would be controlled by the admin. So, if they wanted to have a evening/dusk only server, then it would be in their power to control it. Or have it setup to play 2 rounds of the same map, just in different modes. I liked the glow of Midnight Sun in AF, but I also liked the very dark of Leviathan. I would think a map like Sharqi with lots of street lights glowing on the buildings would be great...well, maybe not great, but definitely a challenge (that I'm sure a lot of people might not want, just look how popular Devil's Perch was).

Comment

enemy boat spotted.

Comment

1) Don't dumb-down the gameplay.

2) Have some good mod tools.

Comment

IF there going to use a stat system (like there not.. XD):

-More points for doing things to help your team, like taking over flags.

And I would like the game to be compitition friendly

Comment

Ok here my wish list for BF3!

- If they're going to depict a real world military, I would like for them to have the uniforms as authentic as possible. I hate when they fail to bad to even use Google for 5 minutes till they find a nice picture.

- Lots and lots of weapons. I mean like 10 guns for each category, assault rifle, sniper rifle, light machine gun, mounted light machine guns, mounted heavy machine guns, shotguns, handguns, sub machine guns, carbines, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, etc...

- Many different game types for multiplayer. Such as TDM, capture "X" and return it to the base, search and destroy, advance and secure, etc...

- Several different factions! Example: Americans, British (UK or whatever), Chinese, some middle eastern thing, some rebels, etc...

- Large player counts, 64 players just like in Battlefield 2 and 2142!

- Destruction system for buildings, trees, terrain (holes from artillery for example), barbed wire, fences, etc...

- A good health system, something like once you're hit in a vital spot you need to find a medic and he will treat you or you will slowly bleed to death. Limping if hit in the leg, etc...

- Good vehicles, and a system like Novalogic has where you can just walk into helicopters (Like into a blackhawk, those were the days! See Joint Operation Typhoon Rising) or in the back of trucks, not where you have a spot you must stay in.

Comment

128 Players like we were promised for BF2!!!!!

If you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen... im sure there will be plenty of servers running 40 or 64 player maps, but Id like to join and play really huge battles of 128 or more.

(mag looks amazing)

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                      Ok here my wish list for BF3!

- If they're going to depict a real world military, I would like for them to have the uniforms as authentic as possible. I hate when they fail to bad to even use Google for 5 minutes till they find a nice picture.

- Lots and lots of weapons. I mean like 10 guns for each category, assault rifle, sniper rifle, light machine gun, mounted light machine guns, mounted heavy machine guns, shotguns, handguns, sub machine guns, carbines, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, etc...

- Many different game types for multiplayer. Such as TDM, capture "X" and return it to the base, search and destroy, advance and secure, etc...

- Several different factions! Example: Americans, British (UK or whatever), Chinese, some middle eastern thing, some rebels, etc...

- Large player counts, 64 players just like in Battlefield 2 and 2142!

- Destruction system for buildings, trees, terrain (holes from artillery for example), barbed wire, fences, etc...

- A good health system, something like once you're hit in a vital spot you need to find a medic and he will treat you or you will slowly bleed to death. Limping if hit in the leg, etc...

- Good vehicles, and a system like Novalogic has where you can just walk into helicopters (Like into a blackhawk, those were the days! See Joint Operation Typhoon Rising) or in the back of trucks, not where you have a spot you must stay in.
                      Seconded, seconded, and...seconded.

As for my wish...

A plot of some sorts. If there's going to be an MEC, why is it there? Why is China at war with the US?

Also, I think these teams would be better than US, China, MEC:

U.S., Russia, European Union, and maybe some sort of fictitious Middle-Eastern country.

Overall, I want to play some maps with snow...as the Russians. For the Motherland!

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheJob
                        enemy boat spotted.
                        This is a must.

Even on Warlord, infantry only, I occasionally say "Enemy boat spotted". I just have to.

Comment

battlefield just needs to become more realistic. at the same time. sniper rifles need to be more effective. :P

Comment

Originally posted by XGrifX
                            battlefield just needs to become more realistic. at the same time. sniper rifles need to be more effective. :P
                            If its too realistic, its a simulation. It becomes ARMA. Arma wasn't great *IN MY OPINION* Because it wasn't those games you could just pick up and play, It was a game that strived to be so realistic, it was srs bsnss. If battlefield does that, it will fail.

Comment

How about they tell us something about the game other than the fact that it's in development.

Comment

RECOMMENDATION: don't make lazy programming code that you can't come back later and fix.

example: EU transport gun

Comment

Working...
                                X