No announcement yet.

Where did all the good PC games go ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where did all the good PC games go ?

could it be that games are getting repetative?
    What we need is a game where you play a bird with massive melons going around shooting baddies in the face using only her breasts.

Comment

I think I'd rather have her shooting various weapons. Jiggle-jiggle.

I've been playing various games on the Wii. I really want a BF2++ release where they take all the best of the mods and integrate it all into the game with on-demand map downloads. We'd have hundreds of maps with new vehicles and many improvements to how the game works. It's just a dream though.

BF3 could make me really happy as I'd like to join 21CW as we all learn the new game. That's a very fun time - new game releases - to join on-going tournaments. It's just a dream though.

The surprise that BC2 for the PC is essentially BF3 with an expandable architecture. Oh please! It's just a dream though.

Okay, back to AIX 2 for this dreamer.

Comment

EA killed pc gaming......and the other corporations came tumbling after.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Hanley
          Honestly the whole PC vs console things comes down to what you like more. Most of my friends play console a lot more and I try to tel them pc is better. Its just a never ending war with no winner.

Another good game coming out in june is prototype which imo looks ****ing amazing. Hopefully it delivers.

But yeah during these past month i too have kinda seen a bit of the slump for the PC but look to the future and it looks great so just buckle down play some old games maybe and hope they all deliver.
          Again thanks for mentioning Prototype ; AWESOME game. :thumbsup:

Comment

Why does everyone hate EA? O_o

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
              Why does everyone hate EA? O_o
              Bad patching, driving a couple of franchises into the ground (MoH for example), not too great customer support, ea link fail etc etc

They're not that bad personally but there are better publishers imo

Comment

Trine looks pretty cool. Not PC exclusive but it looks unique.

Comment

Well, there is COD4, TF2 and Left 4 Dead.. 3 really good game's of there own kind.. IMO CSS is still a good game.. And pretty much everyone I know still plays it.. As far as games coming out.. there will not be a while lot of good ones.. Like Arma 2, it suck's it runs like pure crap.. They spent all there time trying to make it look good, they forgot about the gameplay.. COD4 looks better as far as lighting goes and it runs about 5X better.. It is sad what it is coming to but we will have TF2, COD4 and now COD4 2 and Left 4 Dead 2.. As far as COD4 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, they will both run just as good as the first ones but maby have better gameplay.. so what do we have.. COD4, TF2, L4D and of corse CSS.. and we will be playing these games for the next few years..

The prob is everyone wants a new game as soon as a month goes by.. so the game makers just figer oh, well lets not make any new maps or add ons for this game since they want to buy another game already.. we can just reskin it and sell it as a whole new game.. fast money for them and a new game for you, even tho its a POS..

I really think game makers should also focas back on gameplay rather then DX11 and how good the game will look, after all most of the hardcore gamers have mid range PC's rather then Quad SLI BS.. I mean look at BF2, there are still so much people playing it, its a good game and you can do alot in it.. as with Arma 2, its a good game and you can do alot in it but it will not run on even high end PC's.. It might run ok on a Quad SLI PC but who cares when most gamers dont have crap like that due to the fact it is unneeded unless you want a big e-penis and are the kind of person that must have the newest game out just cuz you seen that it looks good then you play it for a few days and due to the crap gameplay stop playing it and want a new better game..

Focus on the games you have and like, fun games.. if you cannot find fun in COD4, TF2 or whatever you play then mabye your a poser not a gamer..

Comment

I have been disappointed with the releases so far that I was looking forward to, like AA# and Arma 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt
                      Well, there is COD4, TF2 and Left 4 Dead.. 3 really good game's of there own kind.. IMO CSS is still a good game.. And pretty much everyone I know still plays it.. As far as games coming out.. there will not be a while lot of good ones.. Like Arma 2, it suck's it runs like pure crap.. They spent all there time trying to make it look good, they forgot about the gameplay.. COD4 looks better as far as lighting goes and it runs about 5X better.. It is sad what it is coming to but we will have TF2, COD4 and now COD4 2 and Left 4 Dead 2.. As far as COD4 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, they will both run just as good as the first ones but maby have better gameplay.. so what do we have.. COD4, TF2, L4D and of corse CSS.. and we will be playing these games for the next few years..
                      I agree with you on tf2....but cod and l4d both already have sequels coming out that will probably cost us around $50....which both could probably as well just be expansions for their previous games.

The prob is everyone wants a new game as soon as a month goes by.. so the game makers just figer oh, well lets not make any new maps or add ons for this game since they want to buy another game already.. we can just reskin it and sell it as a whole new game.. fast money for them and a new game for you, even tho its a POS..

I really think game makers should also focas back on gameplay rather then DX11 and how good the game will look, after all most of the hardcore gamers have mid range PC's rather then Quad SLI BS.. I mean look at BF2, there are still so much people playing it, its a good game and you can do alot in it.. as with Arma 2, its a good game and you can do alot in it but it will not run on even high end PC's.. It might run ok on a Quad SLI PC but who cares when most gamers dont have crap like that due to the fact it is unneeded unless you want a big e-penis and are the kind of person that must have the newest game out just cuz you seen that it looks good then you play it for a few days and due to the crap gameplay stop playing it and want a new better game..

Focus on the games you have and like, fun games.. if you cannot find fun in COD4, TF2 or whatever you play then mabye your a poser not a gamer..
                      i couldn't agree with you more. I don't want to start a huge political discussion here, but the states are somewhat in a recession, and well its tough enough to keep your pc up to par, and most gaming companies seem to be into it for the money anymore as opposed to doing it for the love. I certainly don't like having to drop a couple hundred every couple of years to keep up with what everyone is playing (given that's what console gaming is starting to turn into as well, which maybe pc gamers have them beat on with counterstrike....and well no other games with staying power come to mind). I also don't like dropping 50 bucks every two years just for a repolished game.....i.e. Modern Warfare 2. Some of these gaming companies might have a hard lesson coming if they keep up this practice...stick with what works, don't try and sell us on eye candy.

Comment

Like Arma 2, it suck's it runs like pure crap.. They spent all there time trying to make it look good, they forgot about the gameplay..
                        COD4 looks better as far as lighting goes and it runs about 5X better..
                        Thats not a fair comparision. Arma II is a milsim with huge environments, ofcourse its gameplay and system requirements are greater than an arcade shooter with maps a fraction of its size.
                        But feel free to call it bug-ridden

Focus on the games you have and like, fun games.. if you cannot find fun in COD4, TF2 or whatever you play then mabye your a poser not a gamer
                        Why would anybody in their right mind want to pose as a "gamer"?
                        Anyway games like COD4 get old fast due to their reptitive gameplay and lack of depth, they only have lasting appeal to people with a certain mindset.
                        Very popular games I know, but not very innovative.

As Falselion says, today its all about the looks and little about the content. And thats why many move on from a game after 3-6 months, there is nothing left to explore.

Originally posted by TGL|FalseLion
                        i couldn't agree with you more. I don't want to start a huge political discussion here, but the states are somewhat in a recession, and well its tough enough to keep your pc up to par, and most gaming companies seem to be into it for the money anymore as opposed to doing it for the love. I certainly don't like having to drop a couple hundred every couple of years to keep up with what everyone is playing
                        Some of these gaming companies might have a hard lesson coming if they keep up this practice...stick with what works, don't try and sell us on eye candy.
                        "What works" have so far proven to be rehashes of old concepts with more eye candy. We have only our selves to blame for that.
                        Games are big business today, if you want those made just for the fun of it you should look at freeware / shareware relases. Everything else is controlled by marketing departments

Comment

Working...
                        X