Where did all the good PC games go ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did all the good PC games go ?

Is it me or does it seem like PC games are dying off ? I mean when was the last big release of a PC game, GTA4 maybe ? It's been so long since i have sat and anticipated a release date.

disappointing :cry:

Re: Where did all the good PC games go ?

I accidentally them all.

Comment

I don't think pc gaming is dying it just hit a rough patch on the road.

Comment

PC gaming hit a rough patch in 92, 98 and 02 and it survived. There has been a good few great games this year for the PC, Empire: Total War, CoH:V, Killing Floor, Dawn of War 2, and if you are considering GTA IV a big release for the PC, which is a console game aswell, you would have to consider games like Fallout 3 (Which is a lot better on the PC thanks to the modding community).

Comment

Define "good".

Comment

After Diablo 3 is released I'm thinking of getting someone to come to my house twice a week to make sure I'm still alive (and to deliver provisions, of course). And if I'm not I'm asking them to make sure that I'm buried with my copy of the game.

Any takers?

Comment

Starcraft 2
              Diablo 3
              Americas Army 3
              Mafia 2
              Battlefield Bad Company 2
              Modern Warfare 2

These are some of the titles coming to PC this year... E3 starts next weeks, so expect release dates and announcements to come in shortly.

Comment

We're coming into Q2/3 of the year, the lowpoints. People are outside and usually doing other things, therefore if you released a major title now, sales wouldn't do well.

Comment

Until they add keyboard and mouse support into console games then PC gaming is number 1 for me and consoles games number 2.

Comment

^^^ I'm waiting on the same thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                      Until they add keyboard and mouse support into console games then PC gaming is number 1 for me and consoles games number 2.
                      Even at that, my PC's performance still blows the console away.

Comment

Originally posted by Indecisi0n
                        Even at that, my PC's performance still blows the console away.
                        You say that, but the PS3 uses a graphics chip with similar power to a 7800GTX. Now compare what they have managed to squeeze out of that and it makes you realise how well console games and hardware are coded.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                          You say that, but the PS3 uses a graphics chip with similar power to a 7800GTX. Now compare what they have managed to squeeze out of that and it makes you realise how well console games and hardware are coded.
                          I have never watched a console game and been amazed over graphics. Not once.

Maybe i haven't watch the right game but its how i view it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                            Yeah console hardware is optimised for games, but still console cant compete with 2teraflop graphic cards out there. Console graphics are nice but with current generation of consoles they will never reach Crysis-like graphics. (im talking about highest settings with high AA and AF).

And dont compare ps3 graphics card with PC graphics card even though it may use same chip. For example PS3 also uses "cell" processor (8 "cores") which is also used for rendering, physics etc. They arent squeezing anything. Games on consoles are programmed only for one type of architecture. Now compare that with pc, hundreds of CPUS, chipsets, GPUS. Plus there are many Windows (or other OS) Limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeq
                              Yeah console hardware is optimised for games, but still console cant compete with 2teraflop graphic cards out there. Console graphics are nice but with current generation of consoles they will never reach Crysis-like graphics. (im talking about highest settings with high AA and AF).
                              But realistically the very smallest minority of pc gamers will have that sort of hardware at the time of its release, lets not forget CS is still the most played internet game, graphics do not sell a game alone.

The point of the current consoles is not to reach the highest ends of the current technology, its to push it as far as they can while the main goal is to make sales.

Put it this way, they do what a pc can do at a little lower standard for a hell of a lot less money.

Comment

Working...
                              X