How much life is left in BF2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much life is left in BF2?

Judging by the amount of people still complaining about it, I'd say it's quite active. If the was as truly as bad as those who whine about the game, no one would play it, let alone comment on it.

Comment

I don't think BF2 is anywhere near "done" yet, however, it has been steadily declining in player numbers, especially over the last year or two. 3-4 yrs ago, Game-Monitor.com consistently showed about 40 000 total players at any one time at peak. When COD4 came out 1.5 yrs ago, that number was around 25 000. Now, the number is generally around 10 000 (but I've seen it as high as 15 000 and as low as 5000 on certain days). TF2 is now consistently pulling in higher player numbers than BF2.

I think once Bad Company 2 comes out, we'll have a better idea of how long it may last. I do expect BC2 to take a significant bite out of the BF2 player numbers, depending on how high the PC specs are. I think many players will be lured away by the new engine, better graphics, new maps, etc, even if server sizes are smaller on BC2. I think after that, BF2 will maintain a core of people who prefer the larger-scale battles, maps they know inside-out, and jets for the pilots out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_Diplomat
        Judging by the amount of people still complaining about it, I'd say it's quite active.
        Very active...

Comment

Hey guys BF2 is definately still alive! Over at 21st Century Warfare we have organised 32 v. 32 player battles every week. We're always looking for new recruits! Its free and its fun. Come meet new people while enjoying our mod for BF2 with some new equipment and weapons. Go here to sign up. http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/21cw.php

Comment

Xfire still shows BF2 as a top 10 game coming in at number 7. BTW I just reinstalled.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
              Xfire still shows BF2 as a top 10 game coming in at number 7. BTW I just reinstalled.
              Number 7? D:

I would have thought the top 4-5

Comment

I believe once the patch actually comes out, it will help as well.

Comment

Originally posted by [7ID]B|SPC.JUNO{XX}[MI]
                  I believe once the patch actually comes out, it will help as well.
                  If they don't wait much longer to release the patch it might help.

Comment

I will be reinstalling my copy of bf2 very soon on my new computer. Prepare to die.

Comment

With me being disaapointed in most of the new games being released for the pc right now, ARMA 2 being one of them, I guess I will go back to BF2 and try to obtain my general rank.

Comment

I’ve tried almost all FPS games since BF1942/BF2 came out and nothing comes even close to those two.

From what I’ve seen so far it looks like only BF3 can top those two.

Battlefield is so unique in so many ways and if you get hooked on that, as I am, you won’t play any other FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by _X_
                          I’ve tried almost all FPS games since BF1942/BF2 came out and nothing comes even close to those two.

Battlefield is so unique in so many ways and if you get hooked on that, as I am, you won’t play any other FPS.
                          This is very true. Looking forward to 1.5 patch, bfbc2 and bf3!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
                            #3 on Gamespy.

Originally posted by _X_

Agreed, no other game has ever come close to the Battlefield style and gameplay. BF isn't perfect, and it could take influences from other games, but no other game can replace Battlefield.

Comment

There is more life in a comotose state than in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkmonkman
                                There is more life in a comotose state than in this game.
                                This is why this patch is made in accordance with Europe/UK users.

Comment

Working...
                                X