Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much life is left in BF2?

Originally posted by Indecisi0n
    Just finished uninstall BF2 / PR / POE...
    I just did the opposite

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
      I just did the opposite
      i was watching my buddy play a directX10 game with windows7, man it looked perrrrrrrrrrrrrrdyy.

Comment

People are still playing Starcarft, people are still playing Counter Strike, this question is pointless. Maybe in 30 years you will emulate a PC on your Personal Quantum Computer and play Battlefield 2 and say this game used to be so bad @*** at its time.

Which brings us back to the question "How long is a peace of string" This question is quite pointless.

Comment

BF2 is still holding up quite well concidering it's age, but I can't wait to play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC with the rest of you. A much needed evolution for Battlefield on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli
            http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

BF2 is still holding up quite well concidering it's age, but I can't wait to play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC with the rest of you. A much needed evolution for Battlefield on PC.
            Let's hope there will be a DICE tags competition so we can track you down!

Comment

Most popular 64 player EU servers are almost always (well, except night and early morning ) full. So BF2 is nowhere near to die Besides I see many lowranks that are not 2nd accounts or anything, clearly new players which is nice actually

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi
                Most popular 64 player EU servers are almost always (well, except night and early morning ) full. So BF2 is nowhere near to die Besides I see many lowranks that are not 2nd accounts or anything, clearly new players which is nice actually
                But I wonder how many of those new ranks are hackers and cheaters that got their stats reset?

Comment

A pretty long time, lots of new players join all the time. Just because you got owned by a Private doesn't make sense

Comment

Considering that I barely get 350 server search results at peak day time - and over 50% of them are empty/>150ms ping - I don't think it has much more life in it. I give it another 6 months before it's history.

That's not to say the game (at its core) isn't fun... but it's obvious people have moved on.

Comment

I still go back and play Wolf:ET periodically... so don't count anything out

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi sauce
                        Considering that I barely get 350 server search results at peak day time - and over 50% of them are empty/>150ms ping - I don't think it has much more life in it. I give it another 6 months before it's history.

That's not to say the game (at its core) isn't fun... but it's obvious people have moved on.
                        The amount of players playing BF2 simultaniously is normally between 6000-19.000 depending on time of day and location. It peaks at European evenings where it normally peaks between 15.000-19.000 simultanious players. So BF2 is still very much alive.

The numbers on the link below shows the current player population. (How many are playing right now)
                        http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

Some have moved on, while plenty new players have entered the game to fill the gap.
                        However - the number will be lower for BF2 when BFBC2 launches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi sauce

If you only get 350 servers at peak times, then there is something wrong.

I get thousands of ranked servers, many of which are full. It's never a problem trying to find a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk

I get thousands of ranked servers, many of which are full. It's never a problem trying to find a game.
                            Hmmm, I'll try playing around with my filters and see what's limiting the search results. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk

I have never gotten anywhere near that # of ranked servers since I started playing but do get between 300 and 700 depending on the time of day. To me that means there is still tremendous support for the game.....enough said!

Comment

I looked at my filters and it seems I was selecting only 64 player maps. When I modified it for 32 and 64, it added about 100 more servers... so, around 425. At 1:00PM.

RANKED

SAME VERSION
                                SAME MOD

NOT FULL
                                NOT EMPTY

VEHICLES
                                32 AND 64 PLAYER MAPS

Unreasonable?

Comment

Working...
                                X