How much life is left in BF2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much life is left in BF2?

For someone looking to find a game to jump into, those are good filters. To get an idea of how many people are playing the game you'd have to leave full games open. Discounting full servers might cut out some of the action.

Comment

The big problem is that of the 425 servers I find, close to 300 are unacceptable due to high ping. The remaining 125 results are comprised of 80 Karkand and Jalalalalalalalabad servers, with the rest being other maps. If you're only interested in playing maps like Dragon, Daqing, Dalian and Kubra, you have less than 30 options... and of those, how many are populated adequately?

Hopefully now you understand what I mean...

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention: of the remaining "playable" servers, how many are rule-ridden to the point of eliminating practically all enjoyment from the game? More than you think.

Comment

I've recently spent all of my gaming time playing Cod4 on LAN only and every time I go back to BF2 I can't stand how freaking inaccurate all the guns are. I'll waste a whole clip in a guy at point blank and still get killed which drives me crazy. I used to play this game for hours but the random bullets have just destroyed my experience lately after playing other games. If the newer BF games are different I think people will be ready for the new gun system but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by mojoman0
            I've recently spent all of my gaming time playing Cod4 on LAN only and every time I go back to BF2 I can't stand how freaking inaccurate all the guns are. I'll waste a whole clip in a guy at point blank and still get killed which drives me crazy. I used to play this game for hours but the random bullets have just destroyed my experience lately after playing other games. If the newer BF games are different I think people will be ready for the new gun system but we'll see.
            I agree, I can't seem to get a grasp on BF's assault rifles hence me sticking to sniper class.. Seems I can't hit sh*t from 10 feet away yet they can mow me down from 100 meters without any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi sauce
              Oh, forgot to mention: of the remaining "playable" servers, how many are rule-ridden to the point of eliminating practically all enjoyment from the game? More than you think.
              Yeah, I think I'm only able to find about 4 servers that are ever populated that run air maps and don't have rules limiting the use of vehicles while being in a decent ping range for me... Of course this is why I've switched almost completely to COD. If BF2 turns into an infantry-only game, COD does that better for me.

Comment

I would assume your ping to sweden is above 100?

I have not played with >50 ping but I know some heli whores who are still owning with ~80 ping

Comment

I agree completely. There's pretty much only one dragon server in my ping range that is ever populated and the rules can sometimes be insane. Once I was sitting in a jeep at vista defending against choppers when I was killed by the essex gun. Of course I fired back and killed the guy, and of course they kicked me for attacking the carrier.

This carrier safe-zone crap has got to stop; You aren't even allowed to go there and kill their wet little sissy commander.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi
                    I would assume your ping to sweden is above 100?

I have not played with >50 ping but I know some heli whores who are still owning with ~80 ping
                    I can play just fine with up to 100ms... after that, I might as well be flying because I won't be registering on that hitbox.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                      Just like the title states, how much life is left in BF2?

Wow only 4 memebers, inculding me, and 51 guests in the BF2 forums. Lol I hope that doesn't answer my question.
                      From my cold dead hands...

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli
                        http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

BF2 is still holding up quite well concidering it's age, but I can't wait to play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC with the rest of you. A much needed evolution for Battlefield on PC.
                        I don't pull up near as many servers in COD4 to justify the number of players that Gamespy says there is playing COD4.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                          I don't pull up near as many servers in COD4 to justify the number of players that Gamespy says there is playing COD4.
                          The in-game server browser doesn't show all servers properly for whatever reason, and filters (eg. mods yes/no) will also affect the numbers.

You can try game-monitor.com as well. Their numbers for COD4 players are actually a bit higher than Gamespy's, most of the time.

Comment

Maybe 1 more year, 2 at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Innocent Bystander
                              Yeah, I think I'm only able to find about 4 servers that are ever populated that run air maps and don't have rules limiting the use of vehicles while being in a decent ping range for me...
                              Have you tried Dead Meat? They're always changing the map rotation but they always include some air maps. I think the current rotation includes Mashtuur, Karkand, Jalalabad, Sharqi, Wake, Dalian Plant, Daqing Oilfields, and Dragon Valley. They also run Fushe, Clean Sweep, and Kubra sometimes.
                              No rules against baseraping or anything like that.
                              70.86.88.2:16567
                              forum: http://www.warhaus.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=9

Comment

Well BF2 just died for me yesterday so to speak. I just got tired of it and couldn't play it any more. I think I am officially retired from BF2 after 4 years of playing. Time to move on. Did an uninstall.

Comment

Working...
                                X