Do you want a kill cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you want a kill cam

I'm not too sure about that. I can't think of a single PC FPS that doesn't have some sort of freecam/spectate mode. CoD4 on the consoles doesn't have anything like that, but the PC version does.

Not wanting freecams and other cameras pretty much destroys competitive play, machinima, etc. I've never had a problem with freecams, even when playing competitively. Maybe you need to work on your skillz if you're having problems with them.
    Did you even read what I wrote?

I said nothing about other games.. I said BC1 doesnt have cam's, so I hope the new dice releases dont either.

I never said I was having a problem with them.
    I said I used to use them to my advantage.
    And how in the world do free cams help competitive play?

Maybe you should work on your reading skillz instead of attacking me out of the freaking blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Simo Glock
      For broadcasting purposes probably.

I voted no, though to be honest I don't care. It doesn't affect me in CoD, and it wouldn't in BF.

Comment

Originally posted by Simo Glock
        Did you even read what I wrote?

I said nothing about other games.. I said BC1 doesnt have cam's, so I hope the new dice releases dont either.

I never said I was having a problem with them.
        I said I used to use them to my advantage.

Maybe you should work on your reading skillz instead of attacking me out of the freaking blue.
        CoD4 was an example of a game that doesn't have kill cams on the consoles, but does on the PC. That's what I assume BFBC2 and BF1943 will be like. Both games will be on the consoles and PC... like CoD4.

You called ghosting cheating. You said any form of cheating doesn't appeal to you. You must have had some sort of issue caused by ghosting via the freecams, have you not?

And you don't know how helpful freecams are for the competitive scene? Try searching CoD4/CS/CSS league videos in youtube. Or better yet, check out sourceradio.com

BTW, if you think my response was an attack then..... LOL. How long have you been using the internet?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
          CoD4 was an example of a game that doesn't have kill cams on the consoles, but does on the PC. That's what I assume BFBC2 and BF1943 will be like. Both games will be on the consoles and PC... like CoD4.

You called ghosting cheating. You said any form of cheating doesn't appeal to you. You must have had some sort of issue caused by ghosting via the freecams, have you not?

And you don't know how helpful freecams are for the competitive scene? Try searching CoD4/CS/CSS league videos in youtube. Or better yet, check out sourceradio.com

BTW, if you think my response was an attack then..... LOL. How long have you been using the internet?
          Assume is the right word.. I said I hope they dont use a cam.. I assumed they would not.. Why would you even bring that up with words like "Im not to sure about that" As if I was sounding sure of myself..
          You sound pretty sure of yourself tho, while making assumptions

I must have had a negative issue? Well theres an even bigger assumption.
          Along with the lack of comprehension.

Give yourself ten years, Then you might, if your lucky, come to grips with the concept. Ya, I had the issue of winning because I had an unfair advantage. It doesnt have the same glory that winning fairly has.
          A shorter word for it would be Integrity.

Just because every noob on the block knows about it now, doesnt really mean it takes more skill use the feature, actually its the other way around.
          Adding, skill takes a backseat when coming up against odds. FYI Game = Rules

I've been using the net before it was anything more than what we called bulletin boards.
          I believe you werent even born yet.

Stay in school

Comment

For broadcasting purposes probably.
            Probably, But ill point out (not to you) that it doesnt help with competitive "play".. It helps with competition "broadcasting"

Its feature that should be banned from competition use by the players.

Comment

Oh, so you're one of those really immature people who just play the "age card"? And over the internet, to boot? Sorry, but your age really has nothing to do with how you play video games. Maybe the story would be different if we were talking about war experience, work experience, love, or things along those lines. Also, if you think age has anything to do with how you play video games then maybe you need to quit taking them so seriously.

With an attitude like that, I believe you're the one that needs to grow up. You're not even worth my time.

Comment

When did I say age had anything to do with how I play video games?
                When did this turn into anything about skillz? Oh ya you commented on my skillz, over a forum to boot.

Boy, you just twist and twist.. Avoiding anything of substance on my comments.

You are the one that brought up age, as if the length of time I've been on the internet has anything to do with the fact you misunderstood what I said, then commented on how bad I must play the game..

Im the immature one?

Obviously I was worth your time, But a graceful way to back out none the less.

Ive been using the net long enough to know how to shut down hate posts.. How about that.. see you already quit.

You would do well to leave the last lil comments off your posts.. you do so well up to that last sentence.. (Comprehension aside).. What you fail to realize is that I wont let thos slide, and can do so without delivering hate.

I just want to help you understand tho's lil pokes will get you no where. Well maybe over the internet, with someone other than me.

IMO you just dont like my posts, my sig, or my thoughts, so your digging deep to up root me.

Comment

No kill cam. There should be limited use of UAVs/scans that are incapable of detecting snipers and special forces units or perhaps only capable of detecting large troop movements and vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMACD
                    There should be limited use of UAVs/scans that are incapable of detecting snipers and special forces units or perhaps only capable of detecting large troop movements and vehicles.
                    Good idea, they really should limit it, with 2142 they took it to far with the IDS in the support kit.

NO kill cam please, it ticks me of to get killed in the first place. No need to see that again.

Comment

Originally posted by EnergyNL
                      Good idea, they really should limit it, with 2142 they took it to far with the IDS in the support kit.

NO kill cam please, it ticks me of to get killed in the first place. No need to see that again.
                      I think it would be better without real time tracking of enemy troop movements. Commanders could mark enemies as they are sighted and then relay general information to squads. Enemy troops/enemy squadron sighted in sector A1, and a red mark appears on your map. It could also mark vehicles and maybe quantity of troops and armor without providing real time tracking to soldiers. Maybe allow ground troops or squad members to mark individual units.

Comment

Working...
                      X