X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want a kill cam

Would you like to see a kill cam in 1943 or BC2

Re: Do you want a kill cam

God no. It works for CoD or say TF2 but in a large scale game like BF, absolutely not. It would make snipers a lot less effective, and ruin most kinds of sneaky play.

Infact I wish the would just remove all UAVs and scanning devices all together. 2142 went wayyy overboard with that.

The BF series have excellent sound, people should use their ears instead of seeing all enemies like small dots on a map.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
          Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
          x2

That would meen being sneaky would be pointless, or maybe you could get an unlock that could disable your victims from seeing your killcam :laugh:

Comment

No...

Comment

I do hope Whiskey will come in here and justify his vote?

Comment

slicedlime-Interesting discussion about kill cams going on here. What do you think about them?

Thats a tweet from a software engineer at dice. So it looks like they are thinking about this.

I don't want to see a kill cam in BF

Comment

Absolutely not for PC version.

Could care less what kind of tosh they throw at the console versions.

Comment

I don't know about Whiskey's reason for voting "yes," but mine is simple: I think it would cut down on hackusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
                      I don't know about Whiskey's reason for voting "yes," but mine is simple: I think it would cut down on hackusations.
                      And ruin the game at the same time? yay :yay:

No but I don't like it a tiny bit, and people will still accuse people of cheating - because most just do it because they got killed one time too many.

Comment

And seriously, everyone loves hackusations. It's what made the forums so good, especially when the supposed hacker found the thread

Comment

I completely agree with Ique, it works for games like Call of Duty and TF2, but it would never work for Battlefield. What makes Battlefield games fun is the ability to move around independantly in a huge battlefield, and implementing kill cam will only severely frustrate stealthy players and will take away from that famous battlefield experience.

I personally would like to see the whole UAV thing removed as well, people should start learning to spot targets themselves, rather than have a computer do it for them. Implement something similar to battlerecorder, and make it automatic on the server so that players can go back and watch the demo later if they are interested in how they died - but don't allow them to have that ability in real-time.

Comment

Do you know how many threads there is around the internet of '' Do you want 1943 or BC2 to have a killcam '' , there must be alot of COD players playing Battlefield games because they are also aking for a hardcore mode.

Battlefield is not and never has been about them 2 things , I think its time some people went back to COD and stayed there , if you have no skill and need a killcam then stick to COD where skill is not needed

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
                              I think it would cut down on hackusations.
                              That's one of the reasons. And you can often see what you did wrong, and how an enemy got you. Someone thinking "WTF, no way!" when they die could then see that it was indeed a "clean" kill. I learn from it all the time...including where some of the "trick" spots are on various maps.

Another of my reasons is that it will help cut down on camping, which I despise (I'm not talking about legitimately defending a flag/point...I'm talking about those who just pick spots to rack up kills). Just as in RL, if you're going to sit in one spot, then you're going to have to reposition yourself after every few shots, so as not to give away your position. Snipers and campers (I'm lumping the 2 together, just to make things easy here) have too many advantages in many FPS games, and there should be a counter to that, IMO.

I enjoy sneaky play as well. I'm more and more not a fan of UAV's in games like BF or COD. But I also think that because of the way many of these new games are rendered graphically (players blending into the background), the accuracy advantage of those sitting still, lack of a movement visual clue, and the ghillie suits that are now almost standard, that it's just too easy to tuck yourself into a dark corner or in bushes and be invisible and rack up kills. And let's be honest...many maps have spots that are (arguably poorly) designed/unbalanced, allowing people to shoot through small holes or angles, but giving them lots of protection and making it nearly impossible to take them out.

I always try to make this point...if everyone played that way, nothing would get done, and the game would be boring as hell (unless you're specifically looking for a sniper-only server, which is fine if that's your thing). Campers & snipers often want to pick on the people moving around, but they depend on those people to make the game fun for them.

I've seen rounds on urban maps across a few different games come to a grinding halt because too many people were sniping/camping. Soon, everyone was afraid to move after spawning, but those camping started putting stuff in chat about "come out, chickens" when they got bored after nothing was happening. Well, guess why everyone started hiding?

I personally don't fear the kill cam. If I'm defending a certain point and kill someone, I expect they'll be coming back for me. I'll move slightly, or significantly, to reposition myself to catch them again if/when they come back. If I'm sneaking and come across someone, I'll change my route, at least temporarily, again to throw them off/ambush/trap them.

I'm not at all surprised that so many votes are against it though. On these forums in particular, across a few different games, there seems to be a fairly high percentage of people who enjoy sniping, so it makes sense that they would not want to give up their advantage or have their favourite hiding spots revealed.

I think kill cam should be a server-side option that can be turned on or off, but that it should be included with the game for those groups who want to use it.

Comment

Working...
                              X