Regenerating Health In BC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regenerating Health In BC2

That's BS for snipers... The maps are too big to have regen health, It only worked for CoD4 because it was all close and fast..

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
      That's BS for snipers... The maps are too big to have regen health, It only worked for CoD4 because it was all close and fast..

It might be balanced with the whole being able to just shoot away the cover they hide behind.

Comment

regen health makes games have less depth and teamwork, its not too bad for cod as it has small maps and no medic class or way to heal. But for BFBC2 since we have a medic class then medics should be able to heal and health should not regen.

Comment

As was written in a recent article, medics will get paddles as an unlock to revive downed team-mates, and health regen is very slow. If that's true, people won't be able to run away and hide for 5 sec and be at full health again.

As for the sniper concern - even in COD4, snipers were usually at a distance...there were still lots of corners and hard cover to hide behind if you were shot once and didn't die. I don't think the map size of BC2 will make any difference in that regard, and again regen is slow. If you shoot someone, and they have no cover, you'll probably get them again with your next shot. And with health regen being slow, odds are they won't just sit there for a few minutes to heal...they'll try to run or get out of there, and you can pick them off.

Comment

I dont care what health they do. If they dont do regen health then I am a medic so I can take care of myself. One thing I liked about 2142 was the kits you threw on the ground. People actually did that at least.

Regen health simply means I dont have to rely on some guy who is hording the packs.

Crunch

Originally posted by Leki
            regen health makes games have less depth and teamwork, its not too bad for cod as it has small maps and no medic class or way to heal. But for BFBC2 since we have a medic class then medics should be able to heal and health should not regen.
            There is seldom teamwork in the public sector of gaming. I tend to agree with the theory of the medic class being helpful, but one thing BF2 taught me was that its a theory.

Now in competition, thats different.

If the regen is slow enough, the medic class will still be useful.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Is it possible that health regeneration could slow the game down and prevent it from becoming a high speed fps like COD/CS? If health regeneration is slow there may be an incentive to defend a captured flag, while your health regenerates rather than healing quickly and running to the next capture point.

I'm worried about the effect on snipers however and long range firefights. It may be too easy for enemy soldiers to avoid getting killed.

Comment

Working...
              X