Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All the Radar in this game makes it dull.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All the Radar in this game makes it dull.

i do see the point the OP is making, but i rather like what it does; it levels the playing field a bit. noobs and casual gamers have a better chance now vs highly skilled players. i do think they took it too far with the IDS though, i would've ended it with the UAV, commander spotting, and PDS-1. what i wouldn't mind is if they gave every class the ghost unlock.

Comment

i think they just should have made sound a slightly more prominent element of locating enemies and then nixed all the DARS that are available

Comment

@OP: Go play UT. Its a twitch FPS. Zero waiting around, zero radar, zero spotting, zero tactics, zero teamwork... Point your gun at enemy, hold down left mouse button, close your eyes tight and pray.

Don't you even for a second think that 2142 is the game for you... You automatically condemn 2/3 of the game as "slow and boring", what makes you think that the crowd this game was supposed to appeal to doesn't enjoy a slower style of gameplay? Go play a game that is fast and exciting. Cut the crap about having played FPS games for a long time, its pointless. Great, you've been wasting your life on video games since before I was born! Congratulations!

Sometimes I wish games like this were subscription based... With WoW, whenever someone complains you can shut them up by saying "Its your $15 a month". With this game, they can continually ***** and moan about something they picked up for $15 at bed bath and beyond...

Comment

gah ... fin ....SPEAK NOT THE VILE BEASTS' NAME!!!

Comment

Game concept.

KILL KILL KILL
            (Also known as KKK)

-All maps are ultra-tight and the size of a corporate office. Actually, there's just one map but it's available in several colors, them being stainless steel, rust brown, and a mix of the two.
            -Outer walls are full of doors. Players spawn behind those doors, open them and enter the arena. There are far many more doors than there are players, making spawn points effectively random. An algorithm spawns players in the location judged furthest away from activity.
            -Free-for-all deathmatch only. No teams, no CtF, no control points, nothing of that sort. Only kill kill kill.
            -All male characters are impossibly muscle-bound. All female characters are hypersexualized with perfect body proportions, enormous breasts and skimpy clothing.
            -Dying always causes gib and in thrice the amounts as normal. Killing any character will thus somehow spawn as many as six dismembered arms, legs, three heads, and gratuitious amounts of gore. The gore is persistent until the end of the game.
            -The only music played in the game is heavy metal. It cannot be turned off.
            -Weapons include rocket launcher, minigun, grenade launcher, antipersonel mines, lightning gun, railgun and chainsaw. Players start with one weapon of their choice and can collect more scattered around the level.
            -Friendly fire is off. Players cannot kill themselves. This encourages suicide tactics, camping and twitch reflexes.
            -Bunnyhopping is also enhanced a la Painkiller.
            -VoIP is enabled and is always sent to everyone.
            -Deathmatches end after a player has reached a set number of frags.
            -The winning character yells something to the effect of "YOU ALL SUCK!" and shoots down the second and third place characters on the podium.
            -The winning character gets a gold medal as award. Everyone else gets a turd as award. Victory or nothing.
            -There is zero involvement by the developers, hence any and all forms of cheating will roam free and nothing will be done against it save by server admins.
            -It doesn't matter anyway since there will not be a leaderboard.

It'll sell like hotcakes. I guarantee it.

Comment

that game already exist, it is halo:P

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane
                twitch reflexes.
                question: are you jealous of people that have good twitch reflexes..?

Comment

Depends on the game. Not as much as I used to be.

Comment

i mean i feel how you feel on most of this stuff but i think 'twitch reflex' or quickly aiming and shooting at someone is a skillfull action and i wouldnt put it in the same box as 'suicide tactics'

and then also i dont really look at 'camping' in a negative way or maybe my definition of camping is more akin to 'defending' or controlling an area of the map which are desirable for the player especially in these BF type games and also the call of duty franchise.

you yourself must agree with this

Comment

My point was to make a parody of a game that did not involve strategy, tactics, or any form of using one's head in any way whatsoever. Reduced to the lowest common denominator, that means W+MOUSE1 - thus making KKK the perfect game for whoever wants to kill everything ever right here, right now and all the time without this foreign and boring concept named "going someplace".

Comment

I'm amused how OP says this game is slow and boring and yet he's got over 339 hours of gameplay logged.

Comment

Eh, I personally HATE COD4 but for some reason still play it here and there, so to kinda not like a game, i can still see someone playing it

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane
                            Game concept.
                            KILL KILL KILL
                            (Also known as KKK){snip}
                            I don't know if people make mods for mods, but if you wanted to be REALLY ironic Shurikane, you could release your game as a mod for the Project Reality mod, ...just to guarantee the maximum amount of self-righteous "mature" fist-shaking.
                            :thumbsup::laugh:

Comment

No because the PR community will see right through it and go funny haha.

This is meant for the wee ones, who will be attracted to it and start playing it to hell and back while other gamers point and laugh.

Comment

OK.

Write it for the iPhone then, and send us lobsters in the post when you make your first million.

Comment

Working...
                                X