Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the big hype about patch 1.5? What does it bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats the big hype about patch 1.5? What does it bring?

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
    you guys need to adjust your latency compensation and the interpolation. im not sure if its still possible with punkbuster but i know people that were having serious hitbox issues would just use the console command to adjust the lag compensation and interpolation to correspond with their ping in the server. from what i remember BF2 automatically assumes everyone has a ping of 100 so if your a significant amount above or below that you'll have hit box issues. you can find the info on how to do it in the tweak guide, its worth a shot.

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html

Yessir, that is exactly what I ve been using for 2 years. I made a slight modification to it though. I have my G15 G6 and G5 keys to type in the text to change my latency compensation and interpolation settings depending on what my ping is in the server Im on.

Some servers do not allow you to do it and will kick you for it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
      To fix the hitboxes, it would require a complete re-working of the netcode behind the game which is both costly and unfeasible given there are probably other more important projects on the table and that money is tight at the moment.

I, personally have never really been affected by these hitbox problems people talk about. Perhaps i'm lucky?
      I'm not affected by the hitboxes either, but I do remember DICE/EA hinting on a fix of the hitboxes (fix problems that people complain about) in the 1.5 patch. I believe Wizrdwarts even said something like "That's a client-side thing?"

Comment

Originally posted by System
        screw mec, they already have karkand and its a real drag. and unfortunately there is no other maps to play. i dont even understand how jalabad is still alive today, terrible map! then you try to find a mushtuur io map and its either full, too high ping or some noob faggots with aimbot or spamming gaymores all over the flags are on...

great wall was an awesome map to play on IO. Cant wait for a real io map for pla, ak47 ftw!

speaking of which, i hope ea looked into the gaymore situation in bf2 - its pathetic when you are having a good time n then next thing you know there is 1+ ppl on the other team jus running with gaymore n nade in hand iso free ez kills? honestly, its not even fun at that point, i usually switch servers but options get thinner every few months it seems
        Dude mashtuur IO makes about as much sense as playing an FPS to walk and occasionally sprint. However, I recommend you check out the FART 24/7 mashtuur server. **** is always packed and some crazy battles go down every night there.

Comment

false hope

Comment

Every time you aim for the tail of a helicopter with a TV missile, thats bad hitboxes. You see it all the time lol.

Comment

I am not sure how much DICE is to blame but for example on servers with a ping of 10-20 and at night time when there is no lag hitbox works pretty well and I almost never miss, 95% of shots register properly

On LAN game it is even better. So bad hitbox must be server lag and different pings for players. Also usersettings.con has no effect whatsoever (except placebo effect) as commented by some DICE employee. I tend to believe this after some experimenting. No difference really

Comment

I actually believe server host has a major impact on it. From my experience, rackage servers are bollox. Even the Rackage waib server is crap when most waib servers have good hitboxes :S.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                  I'm not affected by the hitboxes either, but I do remember DICE/EA hinting on a fix of the hitboxes (fix problems that people complain about) in the 1.5 patch. I believe Wizrdwarts even said something like "That's a client-side thing?"
                  I think I was talking about the hit indicator. I thought it was there to help you in laggier servers, not just to spam grenades.

Comment

Working...
                  X