Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the big hype about patch 1.5? What does it bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the big hype about patch 1.5? What does it bring?

Why is everyone so hyped up about this new patch? I dont understand what its bringing with it. I.E. What is it fixing? What new things is it bringing?

Re: Whats the big hype about patch 1.5? What does it bring?

Supposedly closing loop holes used for game and stats hacks, also new map and some balancing

Comment

Nobody knows everything that the new patch will fix but we have heard it might fix hit boxes with better hit reg, but nobody knows if its true untill we get the beta.

Also the problems alex said too.

That's what all the hype is about, we could have something pretty good to look forward to.

Comment

A 5yr old game that is ran to the ground with no support and they want to bring it up from the dead with a mere patch? Come on, dont be ridiculous. They will have to do ALOT more than close loopholes and a new map to bring it back to stardom status, not to mention a new server integration and control. The 'new map and everything will be fine' method doesnt work and didnt work in the past. Its getting harder and harder to maintain a server, then and moreso now, if you cant see it - take the blinders off.

Comment

5 years old ???

Its not even 4 yet.

And when did EA/DICE say ''they wanted to bring it up from the dead''.

Or when did they say ''bring it back to stardom status''.

Because none of that is true, they know they can't revive BF2 back to the game it once was many moons ago, after it came out, if it were'nt for they ''loop holes'' we would not even be seeing another patch full stop.

Comment

Hopefull it's a good map XD.
            lol

Comment

BF2 is still one of the most popular online FPSs today. A patch is still a good idea.

Comment

What does it bring?

A false sense of hope that EA can fulfill its timelines?

Sorry, I couldn't resist :P.

We're into March and still no word of a patch. I wonder if those apes are still trying to figure out how to properly code a working installer.

Maybe they meant Christmas 2009 when they set a time line for a beta-test of the new patch, because at this rate, I don't see it coming out anytime soon at all.

Originally posted by reliefwithbeef View Post
                Hopefull it's a good map XD.
                lol
                It's an infantry-oriented map:

Songshua Stalemate meets Karkand

Comment

I have just spent 5 mins looking around the net for that map but could not find where i saw it last.

But yes that's the new map, but i think it would have been better if it were MEC vs USMC.

Just i don't play many PLA maps, that's all.

But new content is new content at the end of the day.

Here is some screen shots of the new map for 2142.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

whoa, i didnt know there was new map for 2142 coming out also.

Comment

Originally posted by kran1um
                      A 5yr old game that is ran to the ground with no support and they want to bring it up from the dead with a mere patch?
                      Yeah, they've run it so far into the ground that 20,000 people are playing it online at this very moment. It's sad how BF2 has completely died, isn't it?

Comment

I'd be playing right now if I wasn't at work... LOL

Comment

I stopped hyping the patch months ago when I realised the wait would just keep getting longer.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                            I'd be playing right now if I wasn't at work... LOL
                            hahahah love it. I often say to my girlfriend. I would stay and talk but i really wanna go play BF2 LOL! I've trained her well, she understands ^^

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
                              hahahah love it... she understands ^^
                              Well, from all the girls I've ever known "understands" is code word for, "he would rather have his hand wrapped around a mouse then around my a thigh."

Comment

Working...
                              X