DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

i dont want the past or the future, GIVE ME THE @#$ DAMN PRESENT !

hehe

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty View Post
      Doubtful. While there will always be dissenters and criticisms, by and large a 'traditional' PC-exclusive-esque 64 or higher player game resembling BF2 would go over quite well with the fanbase, regardless of the era (well, okay, maybe BF1492 with mounted cavalry and 80% melee combat wouldn't, but you get my drift). The fact is that what was announced (BF1943) wasn't that at all, and it remains to be seen what we can expect from BC2. It's not really fair to expect the fans to mess themselves with excitement over the announcement of a game that is essentially 1/3 of what BF2 was.

If DICE were to announce today that they're making a BF3 that's in the tradition of BF1942/BF:V/BF2/BF2142 then I guarantee you'd have far more :yay: than .
      You claim its 1/3 of BF2, but you dont know because you haven't played it yet, why do people continue to pass judgement on stuff they don't even know yet, its beyond me...im getting tired of the same old arguement now, im tired of this abandon the horse before it races crap, seriously guys, just chill out and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGameArtist View Post
        You claim its 1/3 of BF2, but you dont know because you haven't played it yet, why do people continue to pass judgement on stuff they don't even know yet, its beyond me...im getting tired of the same old arguement now, im tired of this abandon the horse before it races crap, seriously guys, just chill out and wait.

Thank you. Perhaps the only person in this thread with the right view.

Simply, you cannot judge a game on a trailer. You cannot judge a game on single descriptions like "unlimited ammo".
        You cannot judge a game by its name. And finally you cannot fully judge a game by its predecessor. BF2142 is totally different to BF2.

DICE have never released a multi platform game. And so you cannot look to the past to criticise this decision. You may look to other games, however these games were not produced by DICE, so it is not an accurate interpretation.

With that in mind, you guys have minimal to no evidence that BF1943 or BF:BC2 will be bad games. Please stop complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
          Thank you. Perhaps the only person in this thread with the right view.

Simply, you cannot judge a game on a trailer. You cannot judge a game on single descriptions like "unlimited ammo".
          You cannot judge a game by its name. And finally you cannot fully judge a game by its predecessor. BF2142 is totally different to BF2.
          The whole purpose of a trailer and game descriptions are to get you interested in playing and buying the game. Trailers put their best foot forward, and game descriptions are written in a way so as to entice people to purchase the product. What we know so far is that this is a highly consolised version of a BF-style game, with less than half as many players possible per map, unlimited ammo and regenerating health (so no support or medic troopers), and every class being able to destroy vehicles. You no longer have to rely on others to fill your weak points on the battlefield because you can do it all yourself, thereby eliminating the need for much of the teamwork from the other BFs.

And while BF2142 is indeed different than BF2, there are many similarities that make it obvious it's part of the mainstream BF franchise.

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
          DICE have never released a multi platform game. And so you cannot look to the past to criticise this decision. You may look to other games, however these games were not produced by DICE, so it is not an accurate interpretation.
          Just a thought, isn't BF2 a multi platform game? With BF2 modern warefare released on consoles. But then again, you all have ignorently made up your mind about BF1943 and discredit this view when you know its true.
          Well, have they or haven't they? Make up your mind.

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
          With that in mind, you guys have minimal to no evidence that BF1943 or BF:BC2 will be bad games. Please stop complaining.
          Similarly to you having no idea whether they will be good games. Please stop telling everyone to stop complaining simply because they don't share your blind fanboi optimism. They have a right to voice their displeasure as much as you do to bend over and take whatever you're given.

Comment

3 maps, 3 classes and a third of the max player count. I consider his claim apt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
              3 maps, 3 classes and a third of the max player count. I consider his claim apt.
              I don't think he was talking about figures

Comment

Yeah, actually I was. It seems to have about 1/3 the content and capabilites that BF2 did, and the (planned) price somewhat reflects that.

Comment

Yeah, actually I was. It seems to have about 1/3 the content and capabilites that BF2 did, and the (planned) price somewhat reflects that.
                  thats obvious but some here are still floatingdown the denial river in egypt:laugh:

Open ya eyes ppl EA wants to sell a demo after they seen they can sell a mod(2142 cough*):shakehead:

Comment

People still saying that? Companies reuse engines all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx View Post
                      ...after they seen they can sell a mod(2142 cough*):shakehead:
                      That old argument again. Reminds me of the good ol' TBF2 vs TB2142 flamewars :laugh:

Comment

The whole purpose of a trailer and game descriptions are to get you interested in playing and buying the game. Trailers put their best foot forward, and game descriptions are written in a way so as to entice people to purchase the product. What we know so far is that this is a highly consolised version of a BF-style game, with less than half as many players possible per map, unlimited ammo and regenerating health (so no support or medic troopers), and every class being able to destroy vehicles. You no longer have to rely on others to fill your weak points on the battlefield because you can do it all yourself, thereby eliminating the need for much of the teamwork from the other BFs.
                        Give evidence to suggest BF1943 is highly consolised. I want either a source from DICE, or some facts which concretely show this.

And while BF2142 is indeed different than BF2, there are many similarities that make it obvious it's part of the mainstream BF franchise.
                        And so if you look at a predecessor, the obvious choice is BF1942. What are the differences? 1942 has more classes. More players in maps. And bigger maps. Limited ammo and constant health regeneration.
                        What is the same? Types of maps. Vehicals. Classes are similar. Gameplay looks very similar from trailer.

If you ask me this looks very similar to its predecessor.

Well, have they or haven't they? Make up your mind.
                        Well thats up to debate. If it is then it shows that DICE can make a great game for both console and pc. If it isn't then there is no evidence to suggest a game developed by dice for pc and console is either good or bad. Because it has never been done in the past by DICE.

Similarly to you having no idea whether they will be good games. Please stop telling everyone to stop complaining simply because they don't share your blind fanboi optimism. They have a right to voice their displeasure as much as you do to bend over and take whatever you're given.
                        ALL pc games by DICE have been excellent. Some i prefer to others, but this is personal preference. Looking at DICE's history and remembering how brilliant a game 1942 was, it gives me the impression that it will be a great game. However I am not saying it is great. I am saying that you cannot judge a game fully on what you have been given so far. Which is 100% true.

Comment

But your talking crap again arnt you, you watched a video and read some text and now you think you've got the whole thing mapped. Damn it man, stop with the BF2 camparing, how many glitches does BF2 have? Answer Crap loads, its a poor excuse for an engine...

Have you like sat and thought for more than 30 seconds to think...hang on, maybe theres a reason why things are being planned like they are...No you haven't you just type whatever comes into your head, you read aload of crap and follow it like a lemming, almost everyone here seems to be like that, whats going on, do people just not think for themselves anymore...

BF2 is poor, and its poor for a reason, more than likely its because of all that content you bang on about, BF2 fun game whilst it was in its day, but then the moaning started, patch after patch came rolling out and the moaning got louder...

Here's the dirty little secret... The players caused everything that is wrong with BF2, stop blaming DICE & EA for your **** ups. To my point, because i am aware my rant has strayed far away from the sea....

Stop your b!tching and moaning all of you, simple solution... don't play the game, don't even mention it ever again, you said you arnt interested, fair enough, why you still talking about it then? Why are you specifically in the BF1943 area moaning when most of you said your not bothered and you'll never play it...

I'll answer that too... Because you are bothered...you will play it...and you will bow to DICE yet again, and all this belly aching will of been for nothing, i know it, you know it, damn even My Lion Avatar Knows It...

Phew....Damn that feels good to get off my chest

PS: I Wuv You....

Extra Bit Of Reading Now: You all talk about BF2 being almighty, do my a favour, all of you, look at BF2. Look at how its been written, look at its glitches, look at how its been nerfed, your all fighting for something that, what, 2 weeks ago you were complaining about... Really look at the bigger picture.

Comment

Here's the dirty little secret... The players caused everything that is wrong with BF2, stop blaming DICE & EA for your **** ups. To my point, because i am aware my rant has strayed far away from the sea....
                            WTF arent u on the same side?and what is this quote because ive been playing BF for 6 yrs...or did u get prikd teased last nite or what?

how are the players responsable for clitches or errors?or poor build quality?

on the plus side yes it is good to get a rant off now again:thumbsup:lol

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l View Post
                              DICE will make BF3 and you will all bow down to it's greatness :laugh: *prediction*
                              Super! I'll buy something from DICE when they make BF3, till then, I'll play BF2.

Comment

Give evidence to suggest BF1943 is highly consolised. I want either a source from DICE, or some facts which concretely show this.
                                It's. In. One. Of. The. Interviews. Do you expect me to do your research for you, too? I don't have audio on my computer here at work so I won't be able to say which one, but look at the video interviews posted on this forum and watch them. I believe it's the Noobtube interview with Gordon Van Dyke.

Originally posted by TheGameArtist
                                But your talking crap again arnt you, you watched a video and read some text and now you think you've got the whole thing mapped. Damn it man, stop with the BF2 camparing, how many glitches does BF2 have? Answer Crap loads, its a poor excuse for an engine...
                                Yet, despite that, there are still between 15,000 to 25,000 people playing at all times. Add another 4000-10000 for BF2142.

And correct me if I'm wrong here, but did you not watch the same videos and read the same text as I did? All we can go off of is the information we've been given and compare it to what we already know (past BF games). What we know is there are fewer classes, fewer maps, less need for teamwork, and fewer players. Aside from newer graphics and destructible environments, how will this be any better than even BF1942, much less BF2?

And what do BF2's glitches have anything to do with this game? Are you saying this game will be bug-free?

Have you like sat and thought for more than 30 seconds to think...hang on, maybe theres a reason why things are being planned like they are...No you haven't you just type whatever comes into your head, you read aload of crap and follow it like a lemming, almost everyone here seems to be like that, whats going on, do people just not think for themselves anymore...
                                You accuse everyone here of not thinking for ourselves and being lemmings, but you're the one just taking everything DICE dishes out with the best of graces, thinking, 'there MUST be a reason DICE is doing this...yep...they must know what they're doing'. I'd rather be cynical and argumentative than someone being led around by blind faith.

And you call us lemmings.

Stop your b!tching and moaning all of you, simple solution... don't play the game, don't even mention it ever again, you said you arnt interested, fair enough, why you still talking about it then? Why are you specifically in the BF1943 area moaning when most of you said your not bothered and you'll never play it...
                                Let's see...you live in the UK (oddly, so does your compatriot), and last time I checked, free exchange of ideas was permitted in the UK. Now if I lived in North Korea and you were Kim-Jong-GameArtist, then you could tell me to stop my 'b!tching', but since this is not the case, you cannot prevent others from expressing their opinion any more than they can prevent you from expressing yours, no matter how much the latter may benefit society as a whole. </cheap shot>

Extra Bit Of Reading Now: You all talk about BF2 being almighty, do my a favour, all of you, look at BF2. Look at how its been written, look at its glitches, look at how its been nerfed, your all fighting for something that, what, 2 weeks ago you were complaining about... Really look at the bigger picture.
                                Thanks for the extra reading, now here's some more thinking you can do for yourself (since by your own admission nobody else here is capable of it). The reason people complain is because they care. If people didn't care about DICEs games or the BF franchise, nobody would be here. When people stop posting is when people stop caring, and that's when you're screwed. The patches were intended to make BF2 better, and in some cases they did and in some cases they didn't. But who made the patches? Who thought that fixing claymore TKs simply meant making friendlies not set them off? Looking at BF2142, they found a way to make that work without being unbalanced. All we were hoping for was the announcement of another game like BF2 only with more improvements. Instead we get, again, 1/3 of a game.

Now, if you're correct and BF1943 is simply a test bed for a game of a grander scale, then fine, I have no problems. But last year we were promised, by DICE, that 2009 would be the year for the PC gamer so with anticipation we waited as they unveiled the remaining titles of the announced five in their BF franchise. Now that we know they are BF1943 and BC2, we know that a BF3 wasn't part of their plan, at least not for the forseeable future. What we see is a shift towards smaller, console-oriented games rather than the massive-scale BF games of old. While we may not agree with all the changes that were made to BF2, we obviously still care enough to post here and discuss them and the game in general, so you (hopefully) can understand the disappointment when we were hoping for the next big bang and instead we get just a couple small fizzles.

Comment

Working...
                                X