IGN predicts BF3 in 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IGN predicts BF3 in 2009

i just wished they announced the damn thing already, i'm tired of hearing people saying BF:BC is BF3 its so freakin annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
      i just wished they announced the damn thing already, i'm tired of hearing people saying BF:BC is BF3 its so freakin annoying.
      that gets me mad too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane View Post
        One thing I fail to understand is why devs haven't yet implemented the concept of actually seeing your own limbs instead of a paste-over of them?

Try this: load up BF, go straight into a wall. Notice how your hands still hold the rifle, as if your gun and your limbs were completely flat.

Try working a depth perception into melee range with that sort of thing.

Methinks it would help if you could see your real virtual limbs. With the shadowing and all. I believe it would give a much better intuitive notion of when and where to strike.
        Crysis did that fairly well. When you look down you can see your won feet and if you crouch or so you can see that as well. If you walk too close to a wall, you will pull up your weapon to your shoulder and sort of hold it against the wall. If you're using a bigger weapon you will pull it up sooner, whish really gives a sense of being in a 3D environment.

Comment

I dont really mind if a game is all into details when it comes to looking at your feet and stuff, as long as the gameplay is fine i wont be looking down too often. I think they did a good job on BF2142, and with the right corrections they can make a smashing BF3

Comment

Originally posted by Abs0lute_Zero View Post
            I dont really mind if a game is all into details when it comes to looking at your feet and stuff, as long as the gameplay is fine i wont be looking down too often. I think they did a good job on BF2142, and with the right corrections they can make a smashing BF3
            with zero on this one.

Comment

The small details makes the game. Just saying.

Comment

Exactly.

Consider this: in a well-made game, things flow smoothly. If a glitch pop up, it jumps at you. You see it right away. This is what distinguishes a standard run of the mill game from a memorable experience.

I'll pick TF2 for this. Glitches in TF2? What glitches? I don't see anything wrong with it. Things flow nice and smooth. I can predict how the game will handle.

BF2142, look at a Camp Gib match one day and watch the soldiers go over the rails. It's like they're dancing. Sometimes you're on top of one of 'em and can't shoot. Sometimes your parachute doesn't open. Some guns shoot phantom bullets. Some walker rockets go where they're not supposed to. They're little things, but they accumulate. And in the end, after everything's been said and done, you wonder if you won the match by skill or because something went awry on the computers of everyone in the opposite team. It breaks from the immersion and diminishes the mental reward you get from winning a game.

Oh, and personal pet peeve. At the end of a Conquest match, the action stops. Pow. Right there. It's pathetic! You just see everyone drop dead for seemingly no reason. It would've been neat to see a little animation, I dunno, something like the enemy's uncap exploding, or if the losers had no uncap, you see an animation of the attackers securing the final checkpoint, hoisting a flag, whatever. Something that wraps up the battle and gives a satisfying end to the battle before the splash screen comes up.

I mean, the Titan explosion? It's epic. It's fun to see and you get a tangible reward for your hard work (or the dire consequences of your defeat.) That is some good finish right there.

Comment

In BF2 it was always fun to try to get into the last screenshot just before the end of the map. Many people would try to land the J-10 on the bridge on Wake just as the round ended so they'd be in the victory screenshot. What even made it more amusing was that vehicles didn't explode after the round ended, so you'd end up with jets bouncing off of buildings and the surface of the water like they were made of silly putty.

Comment

Exactly.

Consider this: in a well-made game, things flow smoothly. If a glitch pop up, it jumps at you. You see it right away. This is what distinguishes a standard run of the mill game from a memorable experience.

I'll pick TF2 for this. Glitches in TF2? What glitches? I don't see anything wrong with it. Things flow nice and smooth. I can predict how the game will handle.

BF2142, look at a Camp Gib match one day and watch the soldiers go over the rails. It's like they're dancing. Sometimes you're on top of one of 'em and can't shoot. Sometimes your parachute doesn't open. Some guns shoot phantom bullets. Some walker rockets go where they're not supposed to. They're little things, but they accumulate. And in the end, after everything's been said and done, you wonder if you won the match by skill or because something went awry on the computers of everyone in the opposite team. It breaks from the immersion and diminishes the mental reward you get from winning a game.

this^

there is a mountain of stuff that is listed around to "decrease your lag" "help your framerate" "keep the game from crashing" "help your hit reg" with a well made game you shouldnt have to mess with hardly any of this stuff at all.

when you are firing a gun it should act pretty much the same every time. you go on different servers and for some reason you need to figure out the "right way" to shoot on that server. this is retarded. problems like this shouldnt exist.

i want to actually casual press the space bar ONCE and jump EVERY time. I dont want to be trying to jump from one surface to another and get sucked down to the ground.

yes. things DO accumulate. but im hoping that with BF3 they have a whole new game engine and things will be a bit different. it is easier to become more skillful when the game mechanics are smooth and CONSISTENT because this allows you to easier practice a movement or action and become really fast/proficient at it.

Comment

bugs in bf games is just so normal to me i never notice them now.

Comment

I hope they keep the med/ammo hubs in the new Battlefield, games like COD & Halo have the "auto-heal" system were you just wait till full health is restored and Bad Company has that retarded self injectable system. I think it's really cool to be relyable of you team members when it comes down to healing/resuppling, it's stimmulating teamwork and interaction between players.

Comment

Originally posted by EnergyNL View Post
                          I think it's really cool to be relyable of you team members when it comes down to healing/resuppling, it's stimmulating teamwork and interaction between players.
                          YOU WISH! :cry:

Comment

YOU WISH! :cry:
                            If you know in what servers to hang out, no. But I see your point :laugh:

Comment

we could be heading back to WWII

looks like BF3 might actually be Battlefield 1943 Pacific:

Tomeis from BF2 forum posted this:

Originally posted by Tomeis
                              Saw this http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-3518...3-pacific.html
                              "While the first images of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are still waiting, Electronic Arts and DICE have announced a new variation of the Battlefield license, which will operate the latest version of the Frostbite engine: Battlefield 1943 Pacific. This umpteenth FPS on the Pacific will allow players s'étriper social Conquest mode on three of the most famous maps of Battlefield 1942: Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Wake Island. Destructible buildings, vehicles flying, rolling or floating, the worshipers of the series will not be at home but frankly can unwind in the idyllic scenery, galvanized by the soft roar of 23 other angry. Hostilities begin this summer on X360 and PS3."
                              and translated

there's another link, but it's not working for me atm

Says it's on 360, PS3 and PC, apparently

I can't verify authenticity, so take it with a grain of salt.... but.. uh... lol??? I hope this is a joke.
                              WWII is fine with me but this is gonna kill the BF2 fans who were waiting for BF3 modern combat! :laugh:

Comment

I like the sound of 1943. Less modern warfare nubs

Comment

Working...
                                X