• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN predicts BF3 in 2009

I'm not holding my breath but i am keeping my fingers crossed

http://pc.ign.com/articles/946/946441p1.html

Re: IGN predicts BF3 in 2009

i really hope it's not back to modern warfare.

Comment

Bing:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Thread open again.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
          i really hope it's not back to modern warfare.
          what is the alerternative? WW2, vietnam historical crap? i cant see how that is funner than modern i just cant.

Comment

I'm wishing for something near future, like in between BF2 and 2142.

Comment

Bf 2082?

Comment

BF2012, when Barack Obama gets reelected and the Mayans take over the world.

Comment

hmm i would like to see a fight in the near future, where are the future weapons which are now in testing fase are the weapons of the battlefield, or an alternate timeline in whish the cold war never ended and came to a fight, between east and west. the east with good tanks, good long range infanterie, and the west with lower dammage infanterie but good at close combat, and good jets. you can add there loads of factions(immagen navo,US,isreal, canada vs the warshou pact,russia(USSR), afganishstan, vietnam, china). and more factions per map. eg: guerilla, US and USSR.

just not a modern combat thing, but a near future war with loads of tactics and weapons.

ps(a ultimate kit configuration would be awesome. my favorite would be:
                  ammo,healt,derfib,krylov/scar,herzog(or OP clark), and nades. and i know that there are only 6 weapons selected:P

Comment

Pretty sure theres a BF game being developed for the PSP

Comment

as long as the gameplay is good, they have some new ideas, yeah more factions would be kind of neat.

and then there must be no wood on any part of the weapons, maybe on the grip of a .45 but thats it. I WANT PLASTIC POLYMER AND METAL WEAPONS THAT LOOK FANCY AND MODERN AND $HIT

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                        what is the alerternative? WW2, vietnam historical crap? i cant see how that is funner than modern i just cant.

personally i think 2142, a supposed step into the future, was more of a stumble backward. but i am biased as i love the WWII/Nam genre, and history in general, not to say 2142 isnt any good, it introduced a lot of fun elements and even the first new game mode, titan, since well, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixiecrap
                          personally i think 2142, a supposed step into the future, was more of a stumble backward. .
                          explain

one thing to consider though first is that we are not looking for automated robot crap and a bunch of stuff in an fps where you dont have to do the fragging yourself we are looking at the mood, look and setting more so. we cant introduce a bunch of stuff however realistic and have the gameplay be muddled.

but then i guess gameplay is an opinion thing isnt it

Comment

How many times are we going to fight in WWII? I mean seriously they need to do something similar to 2142, where they kind just make up stuff. We dont need to go back to the basics of mid 1900's weaponry...slow tanks, cheap guns, idk i just think it has an ugly look to it. We need a game where they make up a war, in present to near future, using a lot of things we have today, but also with a lot of unique add ons that arent already being used in every other FPS...Maybe just give me a robot that does all the fighting for me...kidding of course, but i think you get the idea.

Comment

Like I said before... you can all wish it's something other than modern warfare, but if it's not modern warfare, it's not going to be as big, or bigger, than BF2...

Comment

Working...
                              X