F35b vs. J10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F35b vs. J10

Okay I'm starting to get a little worried here. It was mentioned in the recent DICE interview that they are planning to change the J10's handling in the next patch. This simply cannot be allowed to happen! I am an F35 pilot; I fly the F35 almost exclusively. And the more I fly, the more I start to realize that there really is no imbalance between the two jets. Sure they're different, but their strenghts and weaknesses just about balance out. I know, I know you don't want to beleive it; those times you got owned in the F35 surely couldn't have been because you're not that good... or could they? I guess it's possible that I just suck in the J10 (and I do) or that the J10 pilots I fight aren't the best (they're probably not), but I fly an F35 and don't want the J10 nerfed, doesn't that count for something?

Don't let nerfing happen to your family.

Paid for by the Committee for a Nerf-Free Battlefield 2008

Re: F35b vs. J10

I know there's an imbalance because the J10 is the only jet my brother can actually shoot down other jets in, and stay alive in the longest.

Doesn't that count for something?

Comment

Originally posted by Chael View Post
      And the more I fly, the more I start to realize that there really is no imbalance between the two jets. Sure they're different, but their strenghts and weaknesses just about balance out.
      You're only saying this because you're competant in the F-35. The average player isn't and subsequently gets blown to smithereens everytime they even step near the jet.

I very rarely use jets other than the F-35 in pubs (on china maps). There is a major imbalance, good pilots can negate this imbalance and often use the F-35's strengths to their advantage. With this nerf, maps like Dalian and Wake should (hopefully) no longer be dominated by J-10 raping everything that moves when there's no competent F-35 pilot around.

Anyway, here's my video! [media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-fSQsTMotCw&feature=channel[/media]

Comment

nerf the damn thing

Comment

I'd rather see the F35's performance increased rather than the J10's performance decreased.

Comment

It's too bad that ****ty players bitched so much that DICE is finally going to dumb down J-10.

It was a great challenge fighting a J-10 with an F-35 and if you are good you could stay alive, and kill them.

And when you stole a J-10 from the Chinese base, it was extra rewarding to fly in it, and it was yet another challenge to steal the jet, now what's the point of stealing when all the jets are of equal power.

Plus AAs picked off J-10s easier than other jets, and the J-10 can't fly very fly. You just had to know the weaknesses and strengths of each jet and capitalize on them, if you did, you'd be fine.

Too bad ****ty players prevailed.

Comment

They always do. A lot of things have been nerfed in BF2. Anyone remember C4 throwing? "Its unrealistic".

You have a macrod keyboard you could still do it though.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah but how many people bother to get competent with the F35 after a few rounds of J10 rape?

Originally posted by ThatEvilGuy
                And when you stole a J-10 from the Chinese base, it was extra rewarding to fly in it, and it was yet another challenge to steal the jet, now what's the point of stealing when all the jets are of equal power.
                That's a BS reason. You'll still depriving the Chinese team of one of their jets, you shouldn't need to feel "extra rewarded" to steal a jet.

Comment

DICE admitted that the F35's hitbox is so much bigger than the J-10 and they claim they made it like that because the F35 is a bigger jet. That just sounds like a bunch of BS. And even if they nerf the handling of the J-10, the magical missile dodging system it has will still probably be there. So it'll still have to keep F35's on their toes when a J-10 is around.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatEvilGuy
                    Too bad ****ty players prevailed.

I take it you're talking about the ****ty players that only ever fly in the J-10 to get kills, rather than the average player that has a go in whatevers avaliable, then gets unfairly owned.

Comment

Take 2 equally skilled pilots (those who also know how to fly F35) and j10 will win, there goes imbalance. Even if you don't die in F35, J10 will help his team more

Comment

J10 is one thing that was supposed to be nerfed a long time ago and there should be no argument about that

the fix that they have in plans for the new patch wont work, dodging all 6 missiles without flares has nothing to do with jets turning ability if you ask me

F35 is the most fun to fly and yes I do agree that a big reason for that is because you are going against a jet that is way better but this needs to be fixed no question

if J10s had bigger hitboxes and kept their turning abilities?

that would be just as fun because this is where the flares would come into play and missiles would actually work, it would be somewhat balanced

and I cant believe people still complain about c4 throwing, what the ****???

this is a war game and playing it as if you were in a real war is the best part, throwing c4s over walls while jumping like an idiot is not fun in my book

people just cry because dice eliminated some of the easiest ways to get lots of points

playing in a squad and using tactics to win is one way to have fun

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                          Take 2 equally skilled pilots (those who also know how to fly F35) and j10 will win, there goes imbalance. Even if you don't die in F35, J10 will help his team more
                          Not necessarily. I gotta admit that if two average players get into F35vsJ10, the J10 would undoubtedly win, but if you know how to handle the f35 you will realize it has some advantages over J10 and skilled F35vsJ10 fight is all based on luck.

With the new improvements (i.e. decreasing turning abilities) J10 is not going to be crippled, this will just make a bit harder to rape wit the J10.
                          In my opinion, this is the best improvement we could have hoped for.

Comment

You guys shouldn't get your hopes up. You dont know how they're going to decrease its handling so unless it starts handling like the F-15, don't start getting in the F35's just yet.

Comment

Good discussion in here. It sounds like most people are for the nerf, but does any one of you pro-nerfers have more time in an F35 than a J10? Or are most of you ground pounders that are tired of getting bombed? As far as I'm concerned, the J10 is a piece of crap; it handles like a shopping cart. The F35 handles like a wet dream. Sure it's harder to hit a J10 with missiles, but it's a lot easier to blast a J10 with the F35s MG than it is to hit an F35 with the J10s MG. Plus I mean, cmon the F35 has VTOL. You'd have to imagine that was implemented at the expense of performance in other areas. So like I said earlier, the jets are just different; not really better or worse. And while the J10 is easier to fly on your first visit to wake island, the F35 will be more rewarding (not to mention readily available).

Comment

Working...
                              X