Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth buying a 360 if you have a gaming computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it worth buying a 360 if you have a gaming computer?

That's my point. Best of both worlds and all that...

I don't buy into the fanboy ********, though I do acknowledge that one system may be better for some people than another system.

I was saying that it's stupid to miss excellent games, just because you think xbox people are all loud mouth douches/sony people are elitist snobs... If you have the means to own both anyway.

Comment

dont get me wrong... I would still get a PS3, just there is a really bad fanboy at my school who says really random (but fake) info that is really putting me off it, like apparantly, you are able to turn A PS3 on using the controller FROM MALAYSIA if you are in Australia. Also, there is no full backwards compatability on either of the consoles that they sell in Aus. I want both, if a slimline PS3 comes out and I have money I would probably have one, but my bro owns an Xbox, so thats what im with, but, as all of us on this site Agree, PC FTW!!! :yay:

Comment

Definately! It is so worth it.

Comment

I have a pretty crappy gaming computer for these times and i'm getting a PS3, because it's alot cheaper in the long run with free online.

Also Xbox never really got my full attention, it more seems like a rage to get a 360 then to actually get it because you want it yourself and not your friends want you to.

Unless all of your friends have a 360, i'd say get a 360 otherwise get a PC or PS3. The online community support for the 360 is good and all but i never believed in ''virtual'' relationships.

In my opinion, the PS3 looks far more polished and less of an attention whore then the 360. Maybe because i've learned to hate Microsoft for pumping millions and millions into 3rd-party developers support rather then looking out for their customers with their problems.

I watched a show for customers with complaints and lately the 360 was the center of some mayor problems in my country ( The Netherlands ) where their support was lacking and other stuff that Microsoft did wrong. To avoid all that, i decided to buy a PS3 rather then a 360.

Comment

I bought a PS3, you can see from my specs that I have a fairly decent PC and am a PC enthusiast

I was looking originally to buy a Blu Ray player, but a commercial one I was looking at was £200, so for an extra 50 I went with the PS3, mainly because I could remember my earlier days of playing on the PS1 at a friends and I decided that being able to lie on a sofa and play some different games would be good

I didn't want to pay for online services, net already costs money and given that I mainly game on the PC anyway I didn't see the need for anything more than connecting the PS3 to my wireless network.

I looked at it this way, if I had a 360, what games would I want to play on it. I couldn't think of any, I won't go into the reasons why (the post would be 5000 words long and rage filled) but I do not rate Halo or Gears of War AT ALL. On the rare occasion there is a decent game for the 360 that I might want, it comes out on PC. On the PS3 however there was MGS4, Uncharted, GT; titles that I could actually see myself buying and in a lot of cases were a lot more sophisticated than 360 titles (and I enjoyed these games a lot).

I am sure that most PC Gamers will agree that Multiplayer on the PC is the pinnacle, I never intended to change that; but I looked at the Singleplayer view and thought it would be good to have a different variety of games, like racing etc (not to mention consoles get some pretty good SP centric games e.g. MGS4) and the PS3 was the obvious choice (+ I wanted the Blu Ray lol).

Of course that only applies to my situation, some people will want the console for other things.

Otherwise Microsoft are utter twats when it comes to the 360 as well.

Comment

^^^ He nailed my opinion on this!

I bought a PS3 also, even though I'm a huge PC gamer. Whiskey also nailed it earlier that for FPS, pc all the way, but for racing, sports, or some games like MGS4, they just play better on the console. Now, I've always been a Sony person back in the day, and so has my wife, she's a Final Fantasy nut, but the games imo, exclusives, are better on the PS3 b/c as mentioned above, a lot of games for the Xbox come onto the PC. MGS4 is great, Little Big Planet is great and there are more.

However, I think maybe for online fps, Xbox is better than the PS3, not positive on that.

But yeah, I forgot how much fun it can be to have a console. To just sit on your couch with a friend and game it up on the big tv. I was glad with my purchase. :thumbsup:

Comment

Chris summed up what I would have attempted to say 100x better than I could have. Especially on the Halo/Gears front.

Comment

Is the new chipset out already?

Comment

Yes, Jaspers are out, but only in Arcades for the time being. I believe they're phasing them in on the Pros and Elites between now and Xmas.

My Zephyr (the original chipset) finally crashed on me (aka it keeps overheating to the point of the 360 being unplayable), so I just bought a Jasper Arcade two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by eldri
                      Yes, Jaspers are out, but only in Arcades for the time being. I believe they're phasing them in on the Pros and Elites between now and Xmas.

My Zephyr (the original chipset) finally crashed on me (aka it keeps overheating to the point of the 360 being unplayable), so I just bought a Jasper Arcade two weeks ago.
                      Is there a way to tell if it is a jasper chipset?

Comment

On every 360 box there is a hole cut out that shows the serial number. As you can see from the pic, also listed is the amps are listed to the left.

You are essentially looking for 12V---12.1A, that's a 65nm GPU/CPU. Falcons (the 2nd chipset, which followed the original Zephyrs) read 12V---14.2A. More than likely a fair share of the 360s on any stores' shelves will have this. Like I said all the Jaspers I've seen (and all online reports confirm this too) are Arcade for the time being.

Cheers!
                        Images courtesy of Ben Heck & Engadget.
                        "Gentlemen! I give you... JASPER!" [lightning crackles, thunder sound FX] Ace modder Benjamin J Heckendorn (aka "Benheck") has found -- and immediately dissected -- an Xbox 360 Jasper. As widely reported, it was inside an Arcade unit. In the following story, he not only details what he finds inside, but will also clue you in on how you too can find this model on store shelves. Read on for the exclusive Engadget look at the guts and the glory!

Comment

Ok I just got an Xbox360 arcade and it has the 12v----12.1A on it.

Comment

MGS4 is THÉ reason why i bought my PS3.

I wanted to finish the ''Solid'' story and i want to show my unawesome skills in MGO.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                              Ok I just got an Xbox360 arcade and it has the 12v----12.1A on it.
                              Congrats, killa! You are the proud owner of a Jasper box!

Originally posted by Rick Astley
                              I wanted to finish the ''Solid'' story and i want to show my unawesome skills in MGO.
                              Apparently it's just "Snake's story," cause now we all get MGS: Rising. hmmmm

Comment

Too bad I only have one game for it now, Mass Effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X