Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth buying a 360 if you have a gaming computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it worth buying a 360 if you have a gaming computer?

I have a good computer for gaming. I just sold my PS3, and was thinking of picking up a 360 but I don't think it's really worth it. Most of the good games which are on the 360 are out on the PC too, such as Call of Duty 4, and World at War. Although, the 360 does have some exclusive games such as Fable 2. It's totally up to you though. Go look up a list of Xbox 360 exclusive games, and if you only find one or two games that you really want to play than don't get it. But if you find more, go for it!

I think that recently altered the xbox 360 and now there are lower chances of getting the RROD on the new ones. I remember I had one of the new XBOX 360s and it ran fine for a few months but than I sold it. Try doing some more research and find out if people are still getting the RROD on their new XBOX 360s.

Comment

Well if I absolutely hate it I have a 30 day return policy on it, but I doubt that will be the case.

Comment

Good thing that you got the Jasper board. My little guy has RROD'd once, but the customer support got it fixed within a week.

Comment

As I mentioned, I've been waiting for the 'Jasper' units to come out as well. Looks like they are finally hitting the shelves.

For anyone else who is thinking about getting one, this seems to be an excellent article describing (with pictures) how to be sure the one you see in the store is an actual Jasper, without opening the box: http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/sho...spx?i=3472&p=2.
          The one sure-fire identifying symbol seems to be the "12,1 A" label of the 12 V rail.

Comment

wtf is a Jasper?

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
              wtf is a Jasper?
              It's the new 65nm chip. It runs better, uses less power, makes less noise and is smaller. The chip, if you didn't know, is a main cause of system crashes and RRODs. I need an alternative 360 and I've been waiting until the Elites get these chips and had HDMI so hopefully I will have $400 bucks lying around soon...:hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
                wtf is a Jasper?
                New chipset present in newer models of the Xbox 360. Helps prevent RROD is what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by eldri
                  I need an alternative 360 and I've been waiting until the Elites get these chips and had HDMI so hopefully I will have $400 bucks lying around soon.
                  If you want the Elite for the big HDD, that's one thing...but just so you know, the Xbox360 Pro (60GB HDD) has HDMI as well. About $100 cheaper. This is the one I plan on getting, as I don't think I need the bigger HDD that the Elite has.

Comment

Yep the 12.1 A is currently the only 100% sure way to tell if it is a jasper without opening up the xbox itself, luckily you don't even need to get it of the box.

Comment

They are pretty cheap now and you can normaly buy them with a good pack ie Wireless controller and two games or something.

I have a gaming pc and both an xbox 360 and PS3 and unless my pc is f**ked up I don't touch the consoles.

Comment

Well, it's a good thing for the return policy. If you don't like it you can always return it and get your money back.

Comment

I tried it out today, and honestly it was pretty fun. It was a nice change of pace, and the games that it comes with weren't that bad, I also played some WaW and it is pretty good on the 360.

Yea I got the 360 with the 2 game thing, along with a free controller. Not to mention WaW was only 35 bucks.

Comment

Glad you like it

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable View Post
                              I'd say no, unless you have a lot of friends with 360s.

Mine died in Aug. with RROD (out of warranty - no plans to get it fixed or buy new atm). 1 of my friends' stopped reading discs and another friend's got RROD the week NXE came out.

I'm not sure what exclusives you have in mind, but all FPSs are severely limited without a mouse. No mods, paid DLC, and monthly fee are also minor annoyances.
                              I agree with that. I only bought my 360 to play with my friends, and its great. But without them, its just plain boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Nike View Post
                                I agree with that. I only bought my 360 to play with my friends, and its great. But without them, its just plain boring.
                                Yeah, that was one of the main reasons why I bought an XBOX in the first place. Mostly all of the people in my school own a 360, and only about 2 or 3 own a PS3. I have to agree that it does get boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X