Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 21st Century Warfare!

Originally posted by The_Mad_MoShah View Post
    My next question. I can't download the file are there any alternatives and is 21CW available for UK players? Your help is appreciated.
    I'm from the UK, northeast theres a load of people from all over. Not sure we have any scottish though :\

Comment

We have Musashi who lives in Glasgow i think.

But he is German.......dont tell anyone

Comment

All right, this is why I play at 21cw:

Battle 4 of the current campaign on the custom map: Sea Devil.

Our team's tickets are trickling away. Its at that point where if we are going to take a flag and even have a hope to squeak out a win we have to do something right now. My squad leader, in a Little Bird at 400 feet, is moving to position over a lonely island tucked away behind an expansive ridge line. The island is well out of sight of the main battle raging in the small city to the south. The squad leader HALOs onto the north beach, just behind the vehicle hanger and calls for his squad mates to spawn in, two Anti-Tank to deal with the APC, a medic and assault to clean out the infantry. While the squad leader circles the perimeter of the small island the other grunts and I stealthily sneak towards the flag cap.

We can see the enemy APC's turret poking out of the brush on the south end of the island, a mere 30 paces from the guard tower marking the flag cap. Luckily, the turret is facing south, away from the island and the flag. His attention is on the battle in the city where his team is holding off repeated American assaults and is just moments from victory. Quickly we spread out and advance on the flag and amazingly no one spots us, no shells of doom erupt from the APC. Another two enemies have been spotted, one on the IGLA anti-air and the other patrolling the western perimeter. Now in the cap radius, we brace ourselves for the coming storm as the flag silently works its way down the pole. Slowly it falls. Slowly. As the flag nears the ground, two more enemy infantry are spotted to the north east near a flat gray slab marked with a white "H". The enemy chopper crew is waiting for their bird to respawn, something that unknown to them isn't going to happen anytime soon.

The flag goes gray. All hell breaks loose. The APC is the first casualty as the Anti-Tank duo do their job to perfection. Almost immediately, the guy sitting on the IGLA takes a three round burst to the head from our medic. Using my M203 grenade launcher, I cover the small guard tower in smoke and call out "I have anchor. You guys sweep!" Through the forming shroud of smoke I see my squad mates burst from cover, filling the air with the crackling sound of gun fire. After that everything gets a little hazy.

One by one I hear my squad mates call in their kills and one by one I hear them call in their deaths. From the sound of things their were several more enemy soldiers here then we initially saw. The deep booming of launching artillery, enemy to be sure, echoes faintly through my headset as I watch the flag suddenly stop its ascent at only half way. With the area around the little guard tower erupting in explosions, I come to the abrupt realization that I am not alone in the cap radius. There is someone else here. There is someone very, very close.

Only seconds have passed and smoke is still thick in the air; I can't see a thing. That's when a familiar whirling yellow line sweeps across my minimap. God Bless the commander. A red dot pulses on the minimap, seemingly right on top of me. In fact, I can see he's facing me... he's behind me. ****! Whirling around, I come face to face with my nemesis as he storms into the room. The outcome of the battle stands on the edge of a knife or in this case the end of a bullet. Whomever caps this flag will win the round. Face to face we both spray and pray.

That round I slew my enemy and capped the flag. My team took the round and eventually we won the day. Yet, nothing stood out in my mind like EZ company's desperate and stealthy attack on the Island flag. Reflecting later on the attack with Hustler_Baby, an old partner in crime (and one of the Anti-tank guys in the squad at the time), we both agreed that one attack, those two minutes from the HALO to the cap, were the very reasons we play 21cw. Nothing in BF2 compares to the sheer scale of 21cw battles and the great teamwork of 21cw players. Nothing compares to the excitement 21cw brings. Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by [3MD]MAW|WO.Tazz View Post
          I'm from the UK, northeast theres a load of people from all over. Not sure we have any scottish though :\
          You think I'm Scottish (I don't have ginger hair)?

Comment

theres some of the intense fighting during battle days at 21cw with 32vs32 players. i love it when a company squad with 5 or 6 people, plus tanks, plus arty, and maybe some airforce support try to take our flag and they still can't take it from us. just awesome

Comment

Nice post Furyn !...I cant count how many of those moments I have experienced in my 5+ year tenure @ 21 CW. It's exactly what has kept me coming back time and time again. The competitive edge one gains from playing organized combat in this manner is second to none. Add to that the vast amount of people you meet, friendships you build and good times you have, and you have a recipe for something special that you can't get out of the clan scene. Having played in clans for years myself, the environment at 21CW allows you so much more in terms of meeting new people, the vast battles that go on, and having a Mod and Mapping teams that always keeps coming up with something interesting to throw at you.
              If there are a few things I don't miss...it is definitely the total noobness of pubby servers...the ever present lowlife hackers and the lack of team play and coordination on the battlefield that goes hand in hand with largely non monitored public servers.
              Its a different ballgame altogether at 21CW , something I have enjoyed for years...and will continue to enjoy.:thumbsup:
              :salute:

Comment

Well we're almost over our two week break.If you want to join up in some serious battle action now is the time to do it.

Comment

I clicked on the link the OP provided and when I click on awards it says url not found.

Comment

I had the same problem this helped.
                    Originally posted by [3MD]D|2Lt.mikeb989
                    http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=159443
                    This link should answer any downloading questions, and there are tons of UK players in 21CW.

Comment

If you are still on the fence about joining or want to see what it's all about, we are going to be starting back up from our holiday break next week. Sign up now to join in on the fun.

Comment

21st Century Warfare Open House

21CW versus the World!

Think you are one of the best in Battlefield 2? Do you think you can compete with some of the top organized BF2 players around? Come and prove it on January 1st, 2009. Even if you aren't the best come and see how organized play really shapes the game, its not all about skill, it's about having fun and 21CW will be opening it's doors and it's battle server to players from around the world to come in and test their skills. This won't be your little brothers pub play either. There will be intense battles of organized skill, working as a team not individuals. No more need to run rambo, join a squad and participate in tactical attacks and structured defense on different flags. No need to stress out over unorganized players ruining your game, come join us for a day of organized fun. Focus on your skills helping the team, no need to do it alone, you have a squad to back you up. Tired of Squad Leader's that just run around, here they are part of a tactical unit, helping to get you spawned in to the fight. Here at 21CW, it isn't about how you play, but about how you act with your team, and how you help your squad to complete its goal!

Join us Jan 1st @ 12 noon Eastern!

21CW Ranked Public Server
                        69.12.98.91 port:16567
                        21CW Teamspeak Server
                        72.232.167.123:2042

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by [3MD]D|GSgt.Furyn View Post
                            All right, this is why I play at 21cw:

Battle 4 of the current campaign on the custom map: Sea Devil.

Our team's tickets are trickling away. Its at that point where if we are going to take a flag and even have a hope to squeak out a win we have to do something right now. My squad leader, in a Little Bird at 400 feet, is moving to position over a lonely island tucked away behind an expansive ridge line. The island is well out of sight of the main battle raging in the small city to the south. The squad leader HALOs onto the north beach, just behind the vehicle hanger and calls for his squad mates to spawn in, two Anti-Tank to deal with the APC, a medic and assault to clean out the infantry. While the squad leader circles the perimeter of the small island the other grunts and I stealthily sneak towards the flag cap.

We can see the enemy APC's turret poking out of the brush on the south end of the island, a mere 30 paces from the guard tower marking the flag cap. Luckily, the turret is facing south, away from the island and the flag. His attention is on the battle in the city where his team is holding off repeated American assaults and is just moments from victory. Quickly we spread out and advance on the flag and amazingly no one spots us, no shells of doom erupt from the APC. Another two enemies have been spotted, one on the IGLA anti-air and the other patrolling the western perimeter. Now in the cap radius, we brace ourselves for the coming storm as the flag silently works its way down the pole. Slowly it falls. Slowly. As the flag nears the ground, two more enemy infantry are spotted to the north east near a flat gray slab marked with a white "H". The enemy chopper crew is waiting for their bird to respawn, something that unknown to them isn't going to happen anytime soon.

The flag goes gray. All hell breaks loose. The APC is the first casualty as the Anti-Tank duo do their job to perfection. Almost immediately, the guy sitting on the IGLA takes a three round burst to the head from our medic. Using my M203 grenade launcher, I cover the small guard tower in smoke and call out "I have anchor. You guys sweep!" Through the forming shroud of smoke I see my squad mates burst from cover, filling the air with the crackling sound of gun fire. After that everything gets a little hazy.

One by one I hear my squad mates call in their kills and one by one I hear them call in their deaths. From the sound of things their were several more enemy soldiers here then we initially saw. The deep booming of launching artillery, enemy to be sure, echoes faintly through my headset as I watch the flag suddenly stop its ascent at only half way. With the area around the little guard tower erupting in explosions, I come to the abrupt realization that I am not alone in the cap radius. There is someone else here. There is someone very, very close.

Only seconds have passed and smoke is still thick in the air; I can't see a thing. That's when a familiar whirling yellow line sweeps across my minimap. God Bless the commander. A red dot pulses on the minimap, seemingly right on top of me. In fact, I can see he's facing me... he's behind me. ****! Whirling around, I come face to face with my nemesis as he storms into the room. The outcome of the battle stands on the edge of a knife or in this case the end of a bullet. Whomever caps this flag will win the round. Face to face we both spray and pray.

That round I slew my enemy and capped the flag. My team took the round and eventually we won the day. Yet, nothing stood out in my mind like EZ company's desperate and stealthy attack on the Island flag. Reflecting later on the attack with Hustler_Baby, an old partner in crime (and one of the Anti-tank guys in the squad at the time), we both agreed that one attack, those two minutes from the HALO to the cap, were the very reasons we play 21cw. Nothing in BF2 compares to the sheer scale of 21cw battles and the great teamwork of 21cw players. Nothing compares to the excitement 21cw brings. Nothing.
                            fooney, how can you not atleast slip me into that little story. you hurt my feelings.

Comment

I have always been a flight sim fan......nothing could pullme away from it..I was good in the air and was part of the largest online flight squadron....Then I played bf2 yeah it was good but joining up to 21cw was one of the best things i have ever done..I have now been playing 21cw for over 3 years and have never looked back ,The team play the organised assults on flags and the friends you get to make...and Enemies! ...I have also met some of my fellow 21cw players ..There a great bunch and great friends!! I ve enjoyed my time here and long may it continue ..Its the place to play organised and like a REAL soldier!! !! lol.

get signed up !

Comment

Personally, I always liked strategy games like C&C, Rise of Nations, and like that. 21CW got me into online FPS gaming. Playing on pub servers sucks. The only reason I even hit pub servers anymore is because many of those guys suck even worse than I do, and I need the unlocks

Check it out, here at TGN --> 21st Century Warfare

Comment

Working...
                                X