Textures worse than COD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Textures worse than COD2

I am on a 32" Widescreen LCD and what I see is the surrounding textures/graphics are pure sexy but the guns aren't all that great. TBH, I didn't even notice the poor gun textures due to the map graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by [2]Maj.Patton[FM][V] View Post
      what I see is the surrounding textures/graphics are pure sexy but the guns aren't all that great. TBH, I didn't even notice the poor gun textures due to the map graphics.
      I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to realize/post this.

The vast majority of textures in the game look very good. For some reason, whether by mistake or conscious decision, some of the weapon textures are of lower quality. It's a minor issue at best, and some people are harping on and on about it way too much.

Comment

How can you not say this looks absolutely sexy?

Of course the gun isn't going to shine, usually when you bring your rifle through war it's dirty, scratched, stained, and whatever. So naturally it won't be a COD4 Golden AK47. Cool off...

This may not have been the best place to take the picture. Also I have every setting as high as it goes exept AA, or I'd have 2FPS... Right so as you can see the wood looks like it's been through a swamp, which is normal and looks good, also the metal there isn't shiney, which also looks good. What's the problem???:shock:

Look at the details in the soldier's hand, and look at the clothing he's wearing. How can that NOT be good graphics? Look at the shadows, look at the textures of everything else!

Comment

If people don't like the textures, then go make a weapons texture mod.

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt
            Is that like re-skinning? Can you do that with the mod tools?

I dont mod, dont have much of a clue about it

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

@ Bradley, of course there are times when the game looks really good. But there is just as many times you stop and look around and think, man this game could have looked so much better.

Eeeew... highest settings and AA doesn't do this pool good justice

I believe the rest is covered in the numerous pics found on the previous pages.

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt
                Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                Is that like re-skinning? Can you do that with the mod tools?

I dont mod, dont have much of a clue about it
                Just reminded me of this from a couple weeks back:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Unfortunately skinning does no good unless you can find a server with them. (I have never found a server with custom skins)

Before it got patched in CoD4, I played with the green/black camoed M14 - it's a shame it has to be removed because of cheaters. :shakehead:

Comment

:ranton:
                    What happened since the days were computergames just provided a framework, and your imagination filled out the rest?
                    Sure we expect the technology to move along, but so much complaining about the looks of the weapons?

You kids should have a mandatory month of nothing but Wolfenstein 3D

:rantoff:

ETA: Seriously, some of my best FPS time has been spent with BF2142 on low settings because that was all my computer could handle.It didn't look much different from Wolfenstein but I still enjoyed it much more than any of the EyeCandy games available.

I just don't understand what all the fuss is about, does anybody really notice these kind of things when the bullets are flying?

Comment

It does matter as it lets the game down a lot, the weapon textures do not do justice to how nice the engine can look. I think people are more outraged by the fact the same weapons were textured much much better in a game years before this one on a fairly similar engine version.

Comment

I think many of you are missing the point. Those who are upset by the poor texture qualities aren't judging the game by the graphics, we are just saying that there's no reason for there to be a downgrade in graphics from one year to another. I don't care if CoD5 looks brilliant, but I do care that it looks better than a game released 3 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Solace` View Post
                          I think many of you are missing the point. Those who are upset by the poor texture qualities aren't judging the game by the graphics, we are just saying that there's no reason for there to be a downgrade in graphics from one year to another. I don't care if CoD5 looks brilliant, but I do care that it looks better than a game released 3 years ago!
                          Its not so much as a "Wow, this MUST be fixed! bad bad bad bad!" issue. Its much more of a "Wow, the textures from a game made three years ago are better looking than the ones Treyarch just put out. Thats pretty lazy." I think what we're trying to say is that it leaves a negative connotation with the developers because they didn't take the time to make the game "polished" like CoD2.

Call of Duty 2 in my eyes was the first really revolutionary second generation game. When it came out, it had the best graphics... pretty much everything, and besides that it was a good game. Not to mention the much larger learning curve than CoD4 and five. But you can't go downhill in terms of graphics, especially past a prototype. IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X