Far Cry 2 SUCKS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far Cry 2 SUCKS!!!!

Ok so I got this game for PS3 because I wasn't sure how well it would run on my PC.. Anyway to say the least this game has got to be one of the biggest gaming disasters I have ever seen!.. Am I the only one who hated it?

Some of the Cons I noticed..

1. Even though it claims to be a free roaming game (which it is), when it comes to doing missions it's like any other game.. the whole map is inset among vertical cliffs and ridges which make approaching a mission from any direction aside from the direct path of danger almost impossible. It would have been cool to have a few different ways to approach the objectives.

2. The fu*king Kevlar men.. (This has been discussed to death I know) but taking down an enemy can take nearly an entire Mp-5 clip.. Annoying!

3. The AI.. ROFL!!! they either see you from a mile away and start taking fire with their sniper-accurate-like assault rifles OR they just stand there and wait for u to walk up and hack them to death.

4. Repetitive!! This game took me right back to Assassins Creed!..

5. The weapons.. What the hell is with your brand new weapons rusting and jamming after an hour’s worth of game play?.. And they always manage to jam or just explode in your hands at the most crucial moment, like when you’re getting attacked for the 50th time by another random jeep patrol!

6. The medication... it was just annoying and pointless..

Anyway that’s pretty much the bulk of the annoying problems I found with the game, I was just wondering if the game is any better on a different platform like pc perhaps?

And what do you guys think of the game?

KthxBAI

Re: Far Cry 2 SUCKS!!!!

i couldn't agree more

such a dissapointment

Comment

I never played the 1st and the ad's I saw for the second just didn't interest me at all.

Comment

I bought the first Far Cry just after it was released, my system at the time wasn't too great so only really installed it a few weeks back and it wasn't that bad.

Far Cry 2 for me was a disappointment, the trailers released and the in-game tech demos intrested me so I went and bought the GAME Exclusive, as already been mentioned the free roaming is a load of crap, the world isn't really that big, and gameplay doesnt really vary from mission to mission. I haven't bothered completing it yet, Fallout 3 caught my attention and been playing that a bit lately, but it seemed EVERY time you went through a CP you would have to fight the forces, to me that was also a very boring aspect of the gameplay (something I would suspect to change as the game went on... not sure if it does).

Signature may suggest otherwise, just too lazy atm to change it .

Comment

Far Cry 1 & 2 have nothing related... Different plot, story, characters, setting... Looks like ubisoft just wanted it to have a cool name lol

It's not that awfully bad but it's very tedious spending 75% of your time driving and then nothing really happens except for gathering diamonds and bumping into patrols every 5 meters or so.

I'm glad I didn't buy it I'm way too happy with my Crysis Warhead for now.

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^= View Post
            *Snip*
            You forgot to mention atleast one little thing...

When you clear an outpost/checkpoint. Then you finish your mission. And on the way back the enemies at the spawnpoint has awaken from the dead.

So you have to kill all of them again(or just try to drive through them, and stop in the middle of them to fix your car).

I do understand that if they wouldn't respawn the game would get even more boring.

But they could have made the thing bit more "real"..

I mean it would take 24 hours(more or less) for the boss man to send reinforcements. Then when they get there, they would first carry the old bodies to somewhere(to an open grave or something). And then continue with the guard duties.

It really gets annoying when you have to clear the same outpost what you cleared few minutes ago...

Comment

Again a valid point.

Has anyone whitnessed the 'inteligience AI' yet where they are supposr to carry their injured? Or does this only occur with a certain weapon (eg, the dart gun)? I lost the interest after about 3 hours gameplay so havent got some of the weapons yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse
                Again a valid point.

Has anyone whitnessed the 'inteligience AI' yet where they are supposr to carry their injured? Or does this only occur with a certain weapon (eg, the dart gun)? I lost the interest after about 3 hours gameplay so havent got some of the weapons yet.
                I think i didn't see that even happen...

Only thing i saw what was towards this was when i shot enemy to the legs. Other enemy saw it, then he run up to him and crouched next to the downed enemy.

Im not sure what could have happened because my silenced MP5 barked(technically it whispered)..

It could be that he was t-baggin him or something...

Comment

Yeah the almost instant enemy respawns does piss me off also.. But I have become accustomed to it now so I always make sure I got enough ammo and health

Originally posted by Repulse
                  I have seen that once.. I shot a guy (can't remember with what gun) and his mate came over and put him over his shoulders and began walking off lol.. they didn't get far >.>

Also another thing that REALLY annoys me is the last missions! WTF??? the whole game has been ridiculously easy right up to the last couple of missions!

*************<SPOILER>***************

I got past the part where you have to assassinate the two guys and then I run around to where you're meant to collect the case of diamonds off the other bloke but as you know when you go to pick it up you get doublecrossed which for me leads to an almost instant death... How are you meant to do this?? It's impossible difficult!

*************</SPOILER>***************

Comment

*************<SPOILER>***************[/B][/SIZE]
                    Throw molotov at them or switch to flamethrower prior to entering the zone. I died once, but switch tactics next time by throwing molotov and nades in general direction I got shot at. Then it becomes stupid easy. Make sure you have an M79 before entering final missions.

Yeah, FC2 is not exactly the FUN game most people expected. It is a sandbox game with gun-nut flavor. The game is not really that bad. The first few missions are really boring and repetitive, and the lack of weapon really put limit on how player can conduct missions. After one unlocked most guns and enters the Act II, it becomes somewhat better. Though they could have done a better job on game play and mission design, I guess that they've out of money at the moment and had to publish it.

Comment

Hmmmm... Well I only have the .50 cal and SAW on the final level, I even tried placing IED's everywhere before trying to get the case yet it didn't even dent their crazy onslaught

Comment

You are right 5niper. I agree. The game gets boring at time, and at some point really dissapointing but its not that bad a game, although really some parts really get on my nerves :s

Comment

Hunting for diamonds is annoying. I want them so badly and that little light is blinking all the time but I never actually find them :| lol

My biggest annoyance is how slow you walk and how overly blurred every thing is. Every time you run 10 meters or longer you can't even read the map without stopping. Not to mention how much space the map takes up on your screen. I just keep coming up with new things every second

Oh and the weapon animations suck! And why does the weapons jam in MP ffs... etc etc etc

Comment

The weapons jam in MP?!?!?!?!? :|:

ROFL! I would smash something.. that would piss me off big time!

The diamonds are incredibly easy to find! you do know u have to keep turning around until that light stops blinking and that is the direction the dimonds are in right?

The weapon animations don't bother me, it's the over dramatic self first aid which is annoying, Especially when you're under heavy fire and you have to wait for him to pull a piece of shrapnel out of his arm or something..

The reason I dislike this game soo much is because there's a problem with every single aspect of the game, From weapons to the map to the travel, animations, AI, gameplay, Controls etc etc..

Comment

The diamonds are incredibly easy to find! you do know u have to keep turning around until that light stops blinking and that is the direction the dimonds are in right?
                              I've never had that happen to me tbh. I did find a box with diamonds in, looked right at it and the light kept blinking... might have been a temporary bug tho. Damn annoying.

Comment

Working...
                              X