The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

No, some ****face thought it would be a good idea to give me some help on my last rep. It's annoying as the general rule is "If anyone but the bencher touches the bar that rep doesn't count".

Some people don't seem to understand that bench pressing is not a team sport. As a spotter you are there to prevent accidents and injuries, not to help the guy finish his set. ESPECIALLY when told to stay the **** away unless the bar actually goes back down.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
      No, some ****face thought it would be a good idea to give me some help on my last rep. It's annoying as the general rule is "If anyone but the bencher touches the bar that rep doesn't count".

Some people don't seem to understand that bench pressing is not a team sport. As a spotter you are there to prevent accidents and injuries, not to help the guy finish his set. ESPECIALLY when told to stay the **** away unless the bar actually goes back down.
      Why I don't lift with the 4-6pm douchebag crowd at my gym.

Comment

It doesn't matter when I lift. As soon as the bar gets heavy people get tempted to "help" you. ****ers.

Comment

It doesn't matter when I lift. As soon as the bar gets heavy people get tempted to "help" you. ****ers.
          Here's a wild idea, and remember it is just an idea...

Get a friend to lift with, you loser.

Comment

Or, instead of telling them to go die, you can tell them to please go away.

Just an idea

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
              Here's a wild idea, and remember it is just an idea...

Get a friend to lift with, you loser.
              Very few of my friends lift weights. And the guys I know at the gym are almost never there when I'm benching.

I just love it when I tell the person not to touch the bar unless it goes back down, and then they put their fat sausage fingers under it as soon as the bar speed slows down.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Originally posted by groundedzero
              Or, instead of telling them to go die, you can tell them to please go away.

Just an idea
              I'm actually being semi polite about it. I'll yell at them for not staying the **** away, but I will thank them for spotting me.

Everybody needs to watch this before even walking in to a gym:

[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Comment

I had guy **** up my max one time because I was maxing for more than him and 3 grades apart. Was taking andro at the time and got pretty heated about the situation.

Comment

Is anyone else finding this Duke **** List insanely funny?? :awes

Comment

Is anyone else finding this Duke **** List insanely funny?? :awes
                    What list?

Comment

Some Senior girl made a 42 slide (powerpoint) presentation as her thesis called "An Education Beyond the Classroom: Excelling in the Realm of Horizontal Academics", about having sex with 13 Duke student athletes, and rating them on performance etc. It's caused a **** storm but it's really funny. I mean, it's college ffs, let it happen...

I'd post a link to the actual presentation, but I'm not sure if that's allowed... Crunch?

Comment

Do it.

Comment

Do it.
                          ^^^

Comment

K... Peer pressure! Just sayinnn........

Update: Names redacted. Read here. So this is going to be bad. Or good, depending upon where some of the lacrosse, baseball, and tennis players rate on former Blue Devil Karen F. Owen's "Fuck List."

Comment

K... Peer pressure! Just sayinnn........

http://deadspin.com/5652280/the-full...yline=true&s=i
                              Meh, read one then tl; dr.

;d making a smiley is annoying btw

Comment

Here's a better one, with some explanation and the bottom isn't cut off

You drunk cable??

Comment

Working...
                                X